1/72 Tacticar Pod Graug Open Cockpit build

mslz22

As if i don't have enough projects going on, here we go again.

So this is an open cockpit build of the Capt's Graug with open cockpit. He did such a fantastic job with the interior this just needs to be built open. This is his pattern but this is the first cast out of the molds that I made after i purchased the pattern from him.

This will be a long burn build, but got started on this hot and humid day (no good for casting), with some pre painting of the interior and figure. Will do some more drybrushing etc to bring out the awesome details. I don't know if anyone else has gotten started on these yet....

thanks

mike

002-12.jpg

• 4 months later...

So i have been working on this here and there again, got it decaled up and standing today so thought it was a good time for an update. John's work really starts to pop as you get the paint and weathering going. I used AS-5 spray for the light blue and TS-4 spray for the dark grey, both Tamiya rattlecans.

I cast up a few of these before the cold weather got here so if anyone is looking for one of these PM me..

thanks

mike

001-12_zps6bf07288.jpg

003-18_zpsf58ac8f2.jpg

004-14_zps7bfef924.jpg

009-11_zps775f9428.jpg

It has brass (i think Capt used acrylic but i use brass) cast into the legs, 2 at the hip joint and 1 at the knee, the 2 at the hip fix the upper leg into place so it can't twist or turn. There is also a hidden screw that goes under the forward panel of the leg that secures the lower leg to the foot ball. Overall very secure, the arms, gunmount and canopy hinges are cast in a HD resin so they will not warp.

Calling this done some pics alone and some with a hasegawa 1/72 battroid.

thanks

mike

026-1_zpsdea28aed.jpg

023-1_zps2aa79a75.jpg

020-2_zps80b80f2a.jpg

016-4_zpsb646a3f8.jpg

014-6_zps89a63158.jpg

013-5_zps97327c2f.jpg008-9_zps184fe5e5.jpg006-11_zpsa2688f04.jpg

It has brass (i think Capt used acrylic but i use brass) cast into the legs, 2 at the hip joint and 1 at the knee, the 2 at the hip fix the upper leg into place so it can't twist or turn. There is also a hidden screw that goes under the forward panel of the leg that secures the lower leg to the foot ball. Overall very secure, the arms, gunmount and canopy hinges are cast in a HD resin so they will not warp.

OK, thanks for the reply. It looks freaking amazing. The huge scale of that thing really shows next to that battroid. She's a big machine!

Thanks guys, i had a request to show the size difference between this and the "classic" 1/72nd scale kit. My "classic" kit is not built yet but here is a couple of pics, the foot of the CAmerica kit is as big as the body of the classic kit. In short, i will be using the classic kit as a 1/100 kit.

thanks

mike

003-18_zps91fbd119.jpg

001-12_zps6a67e4a8.jpg

Edited by mslz22

So that is the Moscato 1/72 Regult in the background too? Hmmm...

Can you give a height in inches for that Regult and Glaug?

I have the Yamato Regult kit and would only want the Glaug if it matched.

Have not built that kit yet but it seems its 17.7 inches tall.

Did you buy the mold for the standing 1/72 Kamjin?

So that is the Moscato 1/72 Regult in the background too? Hmmm...

Can you give a height in inches for that Regult and Glaug?

I have the Yamato Regult kit and would only want the Glaug if it matched.

Have not built that kit yet but it seems its 17.7 inches tall.

Did you buy the mold for the standing 1/72 Kamjin?

That's the 1/60 Yamato Regult in the shot above. The Yamato 1/60 Regult is 14 inches tall all the way to the top of the head laser cannons. The stated height online for the 1/60 yamato regult is wrong.

The Capt America glaug is 14 inches tall to the top of the laser cannon.

I did buy the pattern for both the 1/72nd scale Kamjin and standing zentran soldier patterns. I molded the soldier but not Kamjin yet, i should be doing that sometime in the next month or so.

thanks

mike

I somehow missed this earlier. AWESOME work man! I can almost hear the annoying Glaug pilot's voice now as he steps on the Tomahawk, "step off you lousy micronian!" Thanks for sharing the photos! You've been crankin' the models out! - MT

• 8 months later...

Mike, can you post a picture aside your 1/72 Monster? I have the impression that Moscato's Glaug is a bit higher...

And congratulations, it looks trully impressive.