1/3000 Macross differences, Assembled vs Kit

Hikuro

I wonder if I got any super glue still. I know I'm cool with my cement glue no big deal.

I'll be working on the 01 and 02 today I got the ok to play with it at work cause it's a learning experience for me.

I've been toying with the idea of painting macross city. HOWEVER, I don't feel confident enough to get it right.

anyone interested in a commission job to do a paint job of the city for a nominal fee plus supplies? I'll take the leg apart and send the city so no one has to worry about screws or anything going missing.

I worked on the 01 and 02 for the armd platforms today with some help from my sup. I managed to cut it as well and it looks about the right size I think, didn't have to do much changes. Sadly though can't do outlines so it's solid red. BUT should look damn awesome if it fits. K'mon Macross!

It came today. Hmmm a few quirks I need to play with. The cheat section is kind of floppy so the chest cavity seems to drop exposing the diecast. Not sure if there's a sweet spot for the locking mechanism or not.

I also noticed something that a set of parts off the spures are marked incorrectly, and the screw is a joke for the bridge! I just glued the damn thing to the base.

I added my 01 and 02 and god that made me wanna shed a tear this thing overall is brilliant. Just damn brilliant.

Edited by Hikuro

Yes! I found that sweet spot so it's not nice and secure in attack mode. The 01 and 02 ARMD numbers fit perfectly, I think I need to take the left leg apart a bit so I can get the city background on there. I mean wow I'm SUPER tempted to paint the city, I really am. But the paint will be so expensive to do right now.

I am glad though I didn't buy the assembled kit....I'd of been so upset at all the screws I gotta deal with.

I got both the toy and the kit, but the kit has been sitting in my storage closet for months due to lack of time to even start on it. I mainly got the kit so I could have an easier time painting it and also have all the extras that Yamato screwed the toy buyers out of and wouldn't even make available separately. I need to get some tools to handle cutting the sprues and the photo-etch pieces too. When I find time to work on it, I think the kit will come out looking a lot better than the toy did.

Yes! I found that sweet spot so it's not nice and secure in attack mode. The 01 and 02 ARMD numbers fit perfectly, I think I need to take the left leg apart a bit so I can get the city background on there. I mean wow I'm SUPER tempted to paint the city, I really am. But the paint will be so expensive to do right now.

I am glad though I didn't buy the assembled kit....I'd of been so upset at all the screws I gotta deal with.

Show some pics Hikuro! And congrats on the macross. Still the centerpiece of my collection

I'm working on the review, so I will have some beautiful pictures today. still can't believe I forked over the money for it XD I remember years ago looking at it contemplating how long it'd take me to save up the money to do it. Nope, just sold a few items to do it. Man what a month this has been.

• 7 months later...

Anyone know where I can still find the 1/3000 unassembled kit for a reasonable price. HLJ is out of stock now and they seem to be the only site that carried it. Otherwise eBay it is... :(

Is US$310 shipped reasonable? The seller is a nice guy though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamato-Macross-1-3000-SDF-1-Transformable-Unpainted-Assembly-Model-Kit-LE-SALE-/140806945050?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item20c8bf791a

Edited to say I'm not sure whether it's actually available anymore...

Edited by Reïvaj

If it's out of stock then I'd say yes, except I think that's what I paid for an assembled version before shipping. So if you feel like you can tackle this kind of a project which to me is similar to doing a VF-1 Unassembled kit, then good luck!

Is US$310 shipped reasonable? The seller is a nice guy though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamato-Macross-1-3000-SDF-1-Transformable-Unpainted-Assembly-Model-Kit-LE-SALE-/140806945050?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item20c8bf791a

Edited to say I'm not sure whether it's actually available anymore...

This is cheaper...

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1056135.html

I got my assembled one for that same price, but I think that was a price mistake :)

• 3 weeks later...