official topic?

Here I thought the high school level drama was gone. :rolleyes:

silly me. <_<

Its not like this was the first thread ever called official and done by someone other then the bosses. Why are ppl complaining about this one?

Edited by Abombz!!

The word "official" is overused in day to day stuff as much as "contraversial" is overused in commercials for movies that aren't even out yet. They've lost all meaning to me. :(:p

A7 does more anime reviews here than anyone, so I see no harm in him starting this topic. It's been pretty dead around hear lately anyways. (Everyone's too busy watching Ep. 3 of Mac 0 to chat these days. :lol: )

Just don't pay attention to the "O" word and enjoy the thread. It looks like fun.

Edited by tom64ss

Mods, please clean up the thread and delete all posts not related to the topic (I guess that means there will be only one reply to the post.). I didn't want a flame war to happen, but for some stupid reason, it just happened. Thanks.

Edited by areaseven

Looks like some people looking for a fight took my comments in the thread (which were intended to be a joke, hence my use of the universal " :p " I'm being goofy emoticon) as a bid to fire up the old chainsaw.

Areaseven, I apologize if my often misalligned humor snowballed that thread.

does it really matter? A7 wanted to start a discussion and people took it way out of context. and Abombz!! is right, leave the drama. people start so called 'official' threads all the time.

no. "offical theards whcih have been doen before are information threads.

opinion threads ar enot.

i's like me going to starwars.com and psoting

the offila starwars f scifi thread.

I woudl get banned an dsued. it;s assumgina utority I odnt; jhve. and shwoing my opion and makign peoepl belive it;s theirs.

topic

man. peopel should nto post these. honestly. it;s hsi opnion. hje shoudl nto claim to represent the site.

Then what do you want me to do, Ali Sama?

easy. if you had said "Nominations for the best 2003 thread" and explained the fact tah tyoru nominating them. then it woudl haev bene fine. I knwo you an dI love wah tyou do with the reviews. it;s just you did a faux pau. You never give opinions as an entetiyy you don;t run. no matter waht your intent was or si. taht thread wil be taekn by peoepl as shawn and garams word .

the other official threads are information threeds

nothgin to do with oopinion. or their mini forums fo rpeoepl to discuss certain issues. the creator doe snto give anopinion but starts a means of givign information form offciial sources.

so you know. ths si nto aperosnal attack. nor is it one. your a grat guy and I knwo you knwo yoru anime. jsut making sure that you dont; step over the lien and get sued by soem idiot on another board. thsi baord is liek family. we help each other out and teach other stuff .

I always thought 'official' threads meant let's keep it in this thread and this thread alone.

Like if someone would start an official Cowboy Bepop thread, I doubt that it is officially recognized and sanctioned by Sunrise.

does it really matter? A7 wanted to start a discussion and people took it way out of context. and Abombz!! is right, leave the drama. people start so called 'official' threads all the time.

opinion threads ar enot.

I woudl get banned an dsued. it;s assumgina utority I odnt; jhve. and shwoing my opion and makign peoepl belive it;s theirs.

yes, because at Starwars.com, thats a company website, much as on the Big West Boards or on any other company sponsored Board. this isn't. theres no liability to be had if someone wants to start an 'official'. as it is, this is a fan site, therefore, fans have the autority, and can comment on what they like, and that cannot be taken as an official statement by a company.

Ah, screw it. The thread's been locked. I hope you're happy now, Ali Sama.

As a matter of fact, lock this thread as well. There's no sense in bickering over a harmless thread. Besides, Ali Sama wanted my thread closed and he got his wish. End of story.

Edited by areaseven

I really don't understand people's problems with this thing, it's not like their hasn't been 'official' threads before. It seems like people felt A7 had some malicious motivation behind the thread, which he obviously hasn't. He's contributed more to Macross World than pretty much all of us; give the guy some credit.

Glad to know we here at Macross World can still be totally immature and ridiculous when we need to be, and here I was thinking we could be civilized and decent human beings. :rolleyes:

opinion threads ar enot.

ummmm....

yoru making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Hey Ali Sama ask Santa for a typing program for Christmas....

I don't see what the problem was with A7's thread....

The problem was the participants, not the thread.

The problem was the participants, not the thread.

Or lack of participants. Only one person placed his votes while everyone else just ranted on the thread.

And I agree with dejr8bud. Ali Sama seriously needs to learn to type. It's impossible for anyone to understand what he's saying.

Edited by areaseven