New Valkyrie Model Mod

MechTech

I've spent the last 6 days working on this poroject while waiting on the weather to improve for painting the Daedalus. Before I go on and post more pictures and info that will make it obvious, does anyone want to take a crack at what scale this is in or at least the height?

On a side note, do any of you know of a good caster? I need to get several copies of this made and I know I'm going to have issues with air bubbles and time to do it in. Thanks everyone! - MT

post-2518-0-81906300-1325384526_thumb.jpg

Hey Kelsain,

It does look like it (I was using one to help me remodel this as a 3D referance). It's actually 1/350th scale, or 40mm "tall". It was one of the lesser known 1/320 kits (the original is in one of the photos, though its actually 1/350th). Due to lack of space to display things, I'm moving to 1/350th scale. I can get every plane/tank/ship I want in this scale, but it's going to mean doing some scratch building to get some Macross stuff. I even have Mospeada stuff in this scale now! So here's the first work. I'm using macro lenses so EVERY single speck of dust or flaw you can't see with the human eye is getting picked up.

All of the parts are in one of the photos, they just need to be copied and glued together. Some interesting points, the original hands looked more like claws, so I used 1/35th scale hands. The GU-11 has a 1/35th scale .45 pistol grip on it (also heavily modified). The hip missile "X" detail was pressed into them using a sharpened micro phillips screwdriver head on my drill press. A lot of the parts are "doubles" since the originals flew out of my tweezers into the carpet and forever lost :( The VF-1J head is shown next to the head of a pin for size comparison.

The next step I think will be a Regult and Zentraedi figure. I want to get several copies of all these done in resin, that's why I'm looking for a good caster who can do SMALL items like this.

That's it for now, I'll probably post the next figure up in this thread too. - MT

post-2518-0-84529100-1325523491_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-66756400-1325523500_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-68018800-1325523509_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-24356300-1325523519_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-48700200-1325523528_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, I was thinking of making them available. I thought they'd be right for a chess set too. Thanks for the compliments as well! The recasts should be cheap too! I just need to get them casted and then I'll let you guys know the cost. I'm hoping not a lot - for all our sakes :) - MT

Not trying to de-rail the thread but I have some of the old Ral-Partha Battletch lead figures.

I Specifically bought doubles of the Macross "stolen" ones because I had a chess set in mind, OMG that was 20 years ago. Still sat storage in my parents loft, when I say parents loft what I really mean is Macross, computer, Lego and Transformers storage area in my parents roof space. :)

Maybe we should work out which and what is needed to make a chess set of U.N Spacy and Zentran forces. I think it would sell, well at least one set :)

Hey BigF, that would be cool if they are in the same scale. I used to have some of those myself, don't remember what happened to them. Let me know if any of it is in scale and we'll see what to hit first. - MT

Hey BigF, that would be cool if they are in the same scale. I used to have some of those myself, don't remember what happened to them. Let me know if any of it is in scale and we'll see what to hit first. - MT

Ok I will try and get over there this week and break em out, I will photo them with a ruler and get measurements etc.