1/48 Low Viz

Stampeed Valkyrie

I have a MISB 1/48 Low Viz and I am debating opening it and Stickering the hell out of it. My problem now is that apparently the more I read the more it seems this thing is a "hot" item right now. Same damn thing happened with the Bandai Max and Millia and I left them MISB. I would get another but I am not going to pay $170+ as of ebay 12/01/03 when I paid $140 for mine a few months ago. This sucks!

Rob :ph34r:

I have a MISB 1/48 Low Viz and I am debating opening it and Stickering the hell out of it. My problem now is that apparently the more I read the more it seems this thing is a "hot" item right now. Same damn thing happened with the Bandai Max and Millia and I left them MISB. I would get another but I am not going to pay $170+ as of ebay 12/01/03 when I paid $140 for mine a few months ago. This sucks!

If it's just to have a 1/48 to play with, I'd recommend getting a VF-1A of whatever type and playing with that.

Just take the time to make the right decision. I made the wrong one about seven years ago and opened up a Star Wars action figure from the original Return of the Jedi figures, and I've seen it going in the 100s... :o

If you are certain you will enjoy it, open it up and love it everyday! ;) Love it, don't LOVE it! :lol:

Otherwise, get a 1/48 and customize it to look like a Low Viz or whatever!

you can open it and mildly play with it.

as you are prabably already aware yamato doesn't put a tape on the 1/48's box so there is no such thing as MISB only MIB

as for the stickers you can buy the substitute stickers from valk exchange and keep the originals intact.

although i'm not sure what it'll do on the paint job when you try to remove the stickers you've applied.

although i'm not sure what it'll do on the paint job when you try to remove the stickers you've applied.

I've never noticed any permanent residue from TakaToys stickers.

H

Like Sum pointed out, just take you're time making the decision. If you don't ever intend to get rid of it, then I wouldn't worry about the value of the toy: open it, sticker it, display it, play with it (gently)...whatever. If you are planning using it as an "investment" and you want to hang on to it to liquidate it later...act accordingly.

If you're still not sure, just leave it alone for now and decide after some more consideration.

no doubt,

Im leaving my second in the box (thanks Will) and weathering/decaling/clearcoteing my 1st and maybe in a year or so, the unussed one will be worth the ton of money Ive spent on Macross items,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yeah right <_<

if you have 2, play with one, If you have one, get another and play with that one,,, simple math in my opinion ;)

pop her cherry. you will nto regret it.

I absolutely do not get this "never open it leave it in the box" mentality some folks seem to have when it comes to these things. Regardless of what the low viz is going for on ebay today, it's never going to someday pay your kid's college tuition. Something tells me that if Yamato sees this as a potential way to sell more, they'll either reissue or redo it (think 1/60 TRU CF).

Go ahead and open the thing already and sticker it to your hearts content. If it weren't already done, I'd say pen in the panel lines too. You'll be much happier you did than you would be staring at a lifeless toy in a box.

Set it free!

Open that b*tch up!

Toys are meant to be played not kept in their carboard boxes :D:D:D

D*mn straight. I've never understood these people who look at everything as an "investment." If you want a toy, buy a toy. If you want an investment, buy stocks.

pop her cherry. you will nto regret it.

I love that kind of talk........

On the other hand, there is such a thing as going too much to the other extreme... :lol::lol::lol:

Don't open it cuz it contains a contaminant that might spread and it will give you symptoms like buying multiples of a particular valk. Also not knowing when your next meal will be coming and last but not least a slight amnesia about other obligations like payments or bills!

:blink: erch!!! I think it bit me...

WILL WORK FOR VALK OR MONEY...

... for valks

:wacko:

Don't open it cuz it contains a contaminant that might spread and it will give you symptoms like buying multiples of a particular valk. Also not knowing when your next meal will be coming and last but not least a slight amnesia about other obligations like payments or bills!

Too late! I am buying multiple valks! Call CDC... help... me... :lol: