HLJ's Macross sale.

BlueMax

But Jason - I thought people were saying the Phalanx would not just be a kit of the top half - but the whole thing? So do we really need a Defender or Tomahawk lower half to make our Phalanx?

I thought it was going to be just the top portion, as the waist and legs are the exact same. Either way, I have the destroid parts just in case, and I'd rather chance it, then have only half of it, and then have to start looking. I think if the phalanx comes out with only the top half, the other releases will probably be in higher demand, and may shoot the price up a bit. I really don't want to get into that position.

I thought it was going to be just the top portion, as the waist and legs are the exact same. Either way, I have the destroid parts just in case, and I'd rather chance it, then have only half of it, and then have to start looking. I think if the phalanx comes out with only the top half, the other releases will probably be in higher demand, and may shoot the price up a bit. I really don't want to get into that position.

What Yamato announced at WF2011 Summer was a 1/60 Destroid Phalanx No Paint Hybrid kit (temporary name) that would include both the resin top half and ABS lower half.

post-12283-0-81748500-1313122168_thumb.jpg

What Yamato announced at WF2011 Summer was a 1/60 Destroid Phalanx No Paint Hybrid kit (temporary name) that would include both the resin top half and ABS lower half.

post-12283-0-81748500-1313122168_thumb.jpg

That makes sense to me. Because trying to match the light brown of the tomahawk or yellow of the defender EXACTLY for the top portion of your Phalanx wouldn't be easy.

Realistically though - the bottoms of these guys were made so they could be swapped. If a Phalanx's legs were damaged in battle they would have just slapped on any extra lower half they could find to send it out again...

Any approx. release dates for the kit? Hope its not more than $150, and hope it comes with 2 hangar guys...

That makes sense to me. Because trying to match the light brown of the tomahawk or yellow of the defender EXACTLY for the top portion of your Phalanx wouldn't be easy.

Realistically though - the bottoms of these guys were made so they could be swapped. If a Phalanx's legs were damaged in battle they would have just slapped on any extra lower half they could find to send it out again...

Any approx. release dates for the kit? Hope its not more than $150, and hope it comes with 2 hangar guys...

So, we're looking at an extra $100 just for the bottom part added to the kit, instead of being able to simply buy a whole new destroid for almost same said amount. Oh well. Start saving now.

Has anyone bought the VF-1J Hikaru from the past sale? I'm kinda curious if the shoulders are already fixed. Otherwise I would have to wait for the Gray Visor version to restock.

I bought it in the last sale and so did some others who post on anymoon.com, it's the updated version with good shoulders.

• 3 weeks later...

The original v2 1/60 VF-1J with the shoulder problems had the rainbow canopy. The VF-1J I bought a few weeks ago from HLJ is the 05/2010 reissue that has a clear canopy with fixed shoulders and an improved/larger crotch locking mechanism. Incidentally, Max and Hayao's TV version 1/60 VF-1's currently being sold at HLJ also have clear canopies. (I just got these). The only ones I think you need to concern yourself from them would be the 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru DYRL and possibly the VF-1S Hikaru DYRL as well. (The other ones that had problems seem to be sold out from that site)

Edited by seraph1981

I just remembered getting a DYRL VF-1A Max (the solo one) by the end of 2010 and it also had the clear canopy with the larger crotch hatch. I hope the VF-1J I saw on a local store here would be totally safe since it has the clear canopy. I can't afford it to have exploding shoulders since I plan to get it for the Armored VF-1J configuration since they don't sell the bundled ones here.

I just remembered getting a DYRL VF-1A Max (the solo one) by the end of 2010 and it also had the clear canopy with the larger crotch hatch. I hope the VF-1J I saw on a local store here would be totally safe since it has the clear canopy. I can't afford it to have exploding shoulders since I plan to get it for the Armored VF-1J configuration since they don't sell the bundled ones here.

If it has a clear canopy then it should be fine. The vf-1's that had the shoulder problems had the rainbow canopy.

Edited by seraph1981