STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

Everyone seems to be plucking the 6" SandTrooper from shelves.....everything else left on the shelves for the most part. And those ridiculous 5 points of articulation figures are an abomination that should be in the garbage. Also not happy that the 3 3/4 articulated figures are $10 each.

Everyone seems to be plucking the 6" SandTrooper from shelves.....everything else left on the shelves for the most part. And those ridiculous 5 points of articulation figures are an abomination that should be in the garbage. Also not happy that the 3 3/4 articulated figures are $10 each.

While I understand that the $10 price can be seen as a bit steep, I do have three observations about the 3 3/4 so-called collectors' line:

1) Considering how much we drop for our Macross mechs and valks (or for premium lines like the Transformers MP line), $10 is not much in the grand scheme of things.

2) It wasn't that long ago that we were getting Star Wars figures with less articulation, sporting such things as bicep-cut/swivel elbows, fixed-pose arms, or no knee or ankle joints. Granted there's a few exceptions, but most of the recently released figures are sporting what was used to be considered "super-articulation." They're even throwing in better articulation points on a few figures, such as ball-hinged hips or "rocker" ankle joints.

3) Considering the ridiculous prices some of these figures are going for on ebay (think Darth Revan, Bastila, or any Vintage collection figure released after the Phantom Menace wave), I'm willing to pay $10 to find these figures at a regular retail store and get a chance to look over them personally to pick out the ones with the best paint apps.

Personally, I'd rather have Hasbro address its piss-poor distribution issues and unbelieveably dumb case assortment choices first before they consider the issue of price, especially for something that's consider a "collector's line."

I for one am glad I'm out if collecting this routine.

New version of each figure every relaunch, and now lower detail vehicles.

I'm throwing my TVC B-wing and Y-Wing in a tote and calling it over.

I cashed out on all my TVC figures a few weeks back.

Only thing I'd buy in the future is a vintage boxed A-Wing or Speeder bike.

So, does this mean they're going back to the midget-scale X-Wing design from the 70s? <_<

Much as I can appreciate them releasing smaller ships, I'd much rather see them just do something along the lines of a revised/re-scaled Action Fleet, with mini-figures (say 1/32 scale) and accurate proportions.

I don't even collect the figures (unless they're included with a vehicle), but good vechicle designs always make me reconsider how much space I have in my closet. :p I picked up several of the large scale X-Wings, an A-Wing, and B-Wing, but never liked how stumpy they made the Y-Wing. The X-Wings are all taken apart and awaiting some rebuilding, so they take up much less room, but the B-Wing is just huge and amazing. :)

Well speaking as someone who enjoyed the Kenner toys as a child, then completely went crazy when the Power of the Force line came out and ultimately quit altogether when the glut of the Prequel toys came out, I am fine with them scaling back the toys. I have kids now that enjoy these "dumbed down" toys just as much as I enjoyed the Kenner toys back in the day, and to me that is all that really matters. I got wrapped up in being disappointed in the Prequels and was too blind to realize what was going on. Lucas wasn't making those movies for me, he was making them for my kids....

Edited by therealfolkblues

Lucas made the prequels for HIS kids.

Hell I'd be more then happy with them going back to the Kenner style figures

From 77-84 and making new characters using the same designer.

Use better paint and make the vehicles chunky like the vintage.

Because I'm not paying 20$ per figure.

Lucas made the prequels for HIS kids.

Hell I'd be more then happy with them going back to the Kenner style figures

From 77-84 and making new characters using the same designer.

Use better paint and make the vehicles chunky like the vintage.

Because I'm not paying 20$ per figure.

Yep, cause HIS kids buy all the merch, right? I know what you're saying lol. They have a new wave of cheaper figures($5 each or $10 2packs) that work fine for me and my boys. They only have 5 points of articulation(cue the nerd rage lol), but the more expensive ones just have limbs that pop off at the joints anyways.

Yep, cause HIS kids buy all the merch, right? I know what you're saying lol. They have a new wave of cheaper figures($5 each or $10 2packs) that work fine for me and my boys. They only have 5 points of articulation(cue the nerd rage lol), but the more expensive ones just have limbs that pop off at the joints anyways.

I don't remember which site, but somewhere at some point.

There was evidence that Lucas's daughter wrote much of Episode 1.

Including adding the wonderful Jar Jar.

Plus another source close to Lucas said the original treatment Lucas wrote

Was dark and ominous. More so than EP V.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://jediinsider.com/images.php?mode=view&album=Hasbro/The_Black_Series_6_Inch_Wave_3&pic=Star_Wars_The_Black_Series_6_Inch_Wave_306.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=8|14906

Im dissapointed with bespin luke. I expected the sculpt to be better.hopefully they make a battle damage severed hand luke he gets two heads .removable hand.

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=244&itemid=14909

Was also hoping han solo look like ford more especially after seeing figma indiana jones

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, uh.. have to agree about the Toyfair stuff.. really disappointing.. I don't understand why people think "nostalgia" means "we love completely inferior products that have no articulation at all!" <_<

But what's the deal with that big X-Wing?

Toy-Fair-2014-Star-Wars-Hasbro-111.jpg

The engines look like a moderate improvement over the large scaled FX mold from years back (ignoring the blocky structure under the rear sections), but the rest of it looks.. well, quite a bit worse, the guns and nosecone in particular. What's this mold even meant to be?

.... Ok, that makes absolutely no sense, unless it's made of styrofoam and meant to fly. Who exactly would even be interested in that? Anyone who'd spend the money for something that big would probably be old enough not to stab themselves with the pointy bits, and be extremely disappointed in the lousy detail and cheapness of the construction seen there..

And anyone small enough not to do that is probably not even going to be able to lift it, and be extremely disappointed with the lack of any kind of playable features. WTF?

I don't get it.. what was wrong with the old FX mold (besides the crappy wing mechanism)?

Edit: Ok, so it's somehow going to be cheaper than the most recent version.. and the pictures look like it might have landing gear after all, but still, it's confusing to me why they would make such a strangely mis-targeted version. If it does well and stays cheap, I might pick one up to customize and rebuild, but the bigger an X-Wing gets, the harder it is to make the wings stay in place. That mechanism is going to have to be massive to hold them open, or we'll wind up with the FX droopy wings all over again.

Edited by Chronocidal

.... Ok, that makes absolutely no sense, unless it's made of styrofoam and meant to fly. Who exactly would even be interested in that? Anyone who'd spend the money for something that big would probably be old enough not to stab themselves with the pointy bits, and be extremely disappointed in the lousy detail and cheapness of the construction seen there..

And anyone small enough not to do that is probably not even going to be able to lift it, and be extremely disappointed with the lack of any kind of playable features. WTF?

I don't get it.. what was wrong with the old FX mold (besides the crappy wing mechanism)?

Edit: Ok, so it's somehow going to be cheaper than the most recent version.. and the pictures look like it might have landing gear after all, but still, it's confusing to me why they would make such a strangely mis-targeted version. If it does well and stays cheap, I might pick one up to customize and rebuild, but the bigger an X-Wing gets, the harder it is to make the wings stay in place. That mechanism is going to have to be massive to hold them open, or we'll wind up with the FX droopy wings all over again.

Apparently, it's supposed to be like a throw back to the Kenner X-wing mold, only bigger. R2 is the wing mechanism button again, and apparently it has one front skid that comes down. But still no cockpit.

Which is dumb IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heard news that Fine Molds lost their Star Wars licence to Bandai.

So stock up on remaining kits, thought something was amiss when they announced the last run of the 1/72 MF and no upcoming kits,

Bandai announced 3 kits: 1/12 Darth Vader, 1/72 X-wing & 1/72 Tie Advanced.

This also means no more F-Toys collectibles as Fine Molds made those Masters.

Also heard that Hot Wheels will release some die-casts next Year.

Not sure how current USA and European licences are affected.

Edited by CrazyDude