The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread

areaseven

What the heck?!?!?! Did anyone else watch the Ironman Match on tonight's Smackdown? I can't believe they made Kurt Angle lose the Championship Belt on Smackdown. Couldn't they have waited for the PPV Special on Sunday? :angry:

Didn't see the match but there was an article up on WWE.com the other day about the untimely death of Kurt Angle's sister. Maybe they changed the story lines. Smackdown is taped on Tuesday and the article I think came out Wednesday morning.

WWE Unforgiven Results

WWE RAW Tag Team Championship - Table Match

The Dudley Boyz (without Spike) destroyed La Resistance to regain the Tag titles. If you watched RAW a couple of weeks ago, you'll remember La Resistance throwing Spike outside the ring. Problem was that Spike missed the table and hit it head-first. Well, on this match, the Dudleyz threw Rob Conway out of the ring through two tables. While his body broke the first one, his head landed on the second one without even denting it.

Winner Gets Stacy Keibler

Test kicked Scott Steiner after Stacy accidentally hit Big Poppa Pump with a steel chair.

Legend vs. Legend-Killer

Randy Orton def. Shawn Michaels with a set of brass knuckles.

Trish Stratus & Lita def. Molly Holly & Gail Kim after Lita did a moonsault on Molly. In the middle of the match, Lita was bleeding in the mouth. Don't know if she bit her lip or suffered any internal bleeding.

Last Man Standing

Kane def. Shane McMahon after Shane-O Mac missed a senton bomb off the TitanTron and fell through the floor. By Mick Foley standards, this match was extremely painful, especially when Shane-O Mac slammed a camera crane on Kane's head.

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Triple-Threat

Christian def. Rob Van Dam and Chris Jericho after blocking the Five-Star Frog Spash with the belt. Major highlight of the match was when RVD attempted to do an Electric Chair Drop on Y2J off the top rope and Christian slammed them both with a power bomb.

Commentary Jobs on the Line

Jonathan Coachman & Al Snow def. Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler after Jericho ran in and dropkicked JR.

The World Championship

Goldberg speared and jackhammered Triple-H to become the new Champion. Finally, HHH drops the belt.

Overall how was the PPV?

Actually, it wasn't too bad. It was certainly better than Summer Sham. That Shane-O Mac dive off the Titantron was mind numbing. Being a Shane-O Mac match, we knew he had to jump off of something, but it still surprised us to see him do something that reckless.

And who can deny the satisfaction o seeing HHH drop the title, even if it's so he can recover from his injury and film Blade 3 (I assume so, anyway)? Is it just me, or did HHH look like he had a bit of a gut?

Is it just me, or did HHH look like he had a bit of a gut?

lol with a gut and his bad leg he'd kick most of MW's ass lol

HHH needs to go the way of the Rock....away. But since's he's bangin' and married to the boss's daughter I fear HHH will be involved with the WWE for a long time.

So do we get new announcers for RAW? Am I the only who isn't convinced that Al Snow is a heel? I met the guy he was super cool. After signing autographs at Wizard World a few years ago, he went into the dealers room and started buying comics, action figures and taking pictures with more fans for free. Something the WWE doesn't like very much btw.

lol with a gut and his bad leg he'd kick most of MW's ass lol.

I can run faster than that steriod-ridden, overmuscled jabroni. :lol:

Anyway, I've always liked Al Snow, so at least this "angle" will get him some screen time. I'd imagine that General Manager Austin will have a word or two to say on the matter tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night, I had the opportunity to go on the air with the staff of Inside Wrestling on the Cable Radio Network. I'm not following WWE as much as I used to, but I got the latest ramblings from my co-worker, who happens to be a member of IW:

- WWE is thinking of having the 2005 Royal Rumble in the Tokyo Dome. They're also thinking of signing K-1/Pride FC fighter Bob Sapp. In case you don't know him, download episode 6 of You're Under Arrest here.

- A few weeks ago in a WWE house show, Vinnie Mac ran in the middle of the Rhyno/Tajiri match and ordered everyone to stop because he thought the match was boring. Now Rhyno is in the doghouse because Vinnie Mac feels he's not giving 100% of his workrate. This is one of the reasons why I don't watch WWE on TV anymore.

- On SmackDown!, Ultimo Dragon made his WWE TV debut in a non-title match against Tajiri. Knowing these two, you'd be guaranteed a five-star match. Unfortunately, the match lasted only two minutes long with Dragon taking the job. Bad enough that a well-established wrestler has to job on his debut, but having to cut wrestling time for the McMahons to cut their promos is ridiculous.

- Current list of misused wrestlers:

Sean O'Haire

Tommy Dreamer

Chris Kanyon (he's not even on TV anymore)

Mark Jindrak

- Last month, Kane was the heel and Shane-O Mac was the face. Now it looks like the other way around.

- What is with this raw sewage angle on SmackDown! between Eddie Guerrero and the Big Show? This is no way to put Eddie over.

- And what's with Triple-H and his vignettes of placing a bounty on Goldberg's head. Get him out of TV already!

Unlike the late Owen Hart, HHH has truly become that nugget that just won't flush. Blech! Even after (finally) dropping the title, he still has to be the center of attention on RAW with his incredibly lame "Lesson of the week for Goldberg" bits. :(

Otherwise, A7's post just reinforces my belief that the WWE no longer has idea what it's doing or where it's going. The McMahon family and their hangers on *cough* HHH *cough* need to be removed from the production of any and all TV and PPV broadcasts, and allow some fresh creative blood in.

• 2 weeks later...

i haven't watch wrestling since the Rock became a bad guy..and that was just very sporadic.

man...it looks stupid these days. really stupid.

Is STone Cold wrestiling?

Where's the Rock?

what happened to everything?

I like it around the Degeration X days.

sUCk iT!

i haven't watch wrestling since the Rock became a bad guy..and that was just very sporadic.

Where's the Rock?

sUCk iT!

Wow. You've got some catching up to do.

Well....everything should be available on wwe.com :ph34r: but from what I've been keeping up with.

The split the rosters into two shows (Monday's Raw and Thursday's Smackdown).

Since I don't have cable I've been keeping up with mostly Smackdown.

Hulk Hogan (and the NWO) came back last year...........then he left earlier this year (but headlined the last two Wrestlemania's 18 and 19).

The Rock has left the WWE for now (until his movie carreer dries up). Stone Cold is the GM of Raw.

Oh.....most of DX is gone (Triple HHH is still on Raw......that's it).

Where's the Rock?

sUCk iT!

1. Officially, Austin's retired from wrestling due to his bad neck.

2. The Rock is gone from wrestling as he's decided to be a film actor instead.

3. Pretty much bad writing, countless injuries and Triple-H's rampaging ego.

Where's the Rock?

sUCk iT!

1. Officially, Austin's retired from wrestling due to his bad neck.

2. The Rock is gone from wrestling as he's decided to be a film actor instead.

3. Pretty much bad writing, countless injuries and Triple-H's rampaging ego.

that sucks man.

I had a feeling stone cold's neck would get the best of him

the Rock..man..i lost repsect for him now. he's such a hypocrite. I remmeber him saying "i may be doing movies now but i'll never stop wrestling...its my number one passion"

that sucks.

i liked dx. they made me laigh. and their music got me hyped.

so who;s left now? except goldberg. that one tough mofo. but i bet they made him into a pussie.

dammit. wrestlings sucks now.

I hope it never becomes like that with macross :(

I did not watch the No Mercy PPV today because I wasn't interested in it. Even if I did, I'd switch the channel after the Tajiri/Rey Mysterio match (I enjoy watching Benoit, but him fighting A-Train is a total waste of his time). Here are the results, anyway. (From TopWrestling.com:

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Tajiri kicked Rey Mysterio.

Chris Benoit made A-Train tap out with a Sharpshooter.

Zach Gowen landed a one-legged moonsault on Matt Hardy ver.1.

The Basham Brothers def. APA after Shaniquia hit Bradshaw with a foreign object.

"I Quit"

Vince McMahon def. Stephanie McMahon after Linda threw in the towel.

Kurt Angle made John Cena tap out.

WWE U.S. Championship

Big Show def. Eddie Guerrero to become new U.S. Champion.

WWE Championship - Biker Chain Match

Brock Lesnar def. Undertaker after Vinnie Mac pushed Taker off the top rope.

This just in from 1wrestling.com:

It is with great regret to announce that Mike Hegstrand, better known to the wrestling world as "Hawk", and half of the legendary "Road Warriors" passed away in his sleep at 1:30 a.m. this morning. He was 45 years old

Hegstrand's greatest success in wrestling was as one half of the legendary tag team "The Road Warriors", also known as "The Legion of Doom". They were former two time WWE Tag Team Champions, former two time WCW Tag Team Champions, and have also had tag team championship reigns in the NWA, the AWA, New Japan, All Japan, and more.

We here at ToP wish to express our deepest sympathy and condolences to Hegstrand's family & friends.

Ya I just read that. I loved the Road Warriors, RIP Hawk

Oh and in another story of "how the mighty have fallen"

Last Friday, Macho Man Randy Savage was rapping at the K-Mart in Elmhurst, IL lol. If some didn't know he's a rapper now. His main subject of course is beating up Hulk Hogan. lol

Great....they just made one of their lead writers the NEW GM of Smackdown.

I guess Paul Heyman can only make it better.........right? :ph34r:

The WWE needs new blood. A different Smackdown roster wouldn't hurt.

• 3 weeks later...

As many of you know, Survivor Series will be playing next Sunday on PPV. Here's a rundown of the matches and my predictions:

Ambulance Match: Shane McMahon vs. Kane

- Regardless of how tough Shane-O Mac is, I don't think he's gonna win this one. Remember that Kane will not job to certain people (i.e. RVD), even if Shane-O Mac is the boss' son.

WWE Women's Championship: Lita vs. Molly Holly

- Lita is all over on the women's division and it should be a given that she'll win the title next Sunday. Remember two years ago when she was over and yet she was forced to job to Chyna? Hopefully, that will never happen again. Especially since Molly isn't really over with the crowd, despite her outstanding in-ring abilities.

Buried Alive: Undertaker vs. Vince McMahon

- The American Badass may or may not win this one. I'm pretty skeptical because Vinnie Mac has something up his sleeve. Besides, regardless of the outcome, Taker's gonna be buried alive. And if the rumors are correct, we'll see the return of the Phenom.

World Heavyweight Championship: Goldberg vs. Triple-H

- Duh! Who do you think will win?

Team Angle vs. Team Lesnar

- With Paul Heyman in their corner, Team Lesnar consists of WWE Champion Brock Lesnar, The Big Show, Matt Morgan, A-Train and Nathan Jones. Team Angle originally consisted of Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly, Bradshaw and Faarooq. But then, Faarooq got jumped by Team Lesnar, sending him out of commission. Meanwhile, John Cena declined Lesnar's offer to join their team and paid the price with an attack from Lesnar and Co. Cena is now a face and he will be joining Team Angle. As for the match, Angle, Cena and Lesnar will be the final three and the outcome will be decided from that point on.

Stone Cold's Team vs. Bischoff's Team

- Austin's team consists of Booker T, The Dudley Boyz, Rob Van Dam and Shawn Michaels. Bischoff's team consists of Chris Jericho, Scott Steiner, Christian, Mark Henry and Randy Orton. The stipulation states that if Bischoff's team wins, Austin must relinquish his term as co-General Manager. On the other hand, if Austin's team wins, Austin will be allowed to give anyone a Stunner without being physically provoked. With a solid lineup, I cannot predict this one.

And now for the full Survivor Series results:

Sunday Night Heat Opener: WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Tajiri kicked Jamie Noble in the head for the win.

Team Angle vs. Team Lesnar

1. Hardcore Holly DQ'd after shoving a referee while attacking Brock Lesnar.

2. A-Train by Bradshaw via Clothesline From Hell.

3. Bradshaw by Big Show via chokeslam.

4. Matt Morgan by Kurt Angle via Angle Slam.

5. Nathan Jones by Angle via Ankle Lock.

6. Angle by Lesnar via F-5.

7. Lesnar tapped out to Chris Benoit's crossface!

8. John Cena picked up Big Show and gave him the F U for the win!

Winners: John Cena and Chris Benoit

WWE Women's Championship

Molly Holly def. Lita after slamming her head against an exposed turnbuckle.

Ambulance Match

Kane put Shane McMahon in an ambulance.

WWE SmackDown! Tag Team Championship

The Basham Brothers def. Los Guerreros with a roll-up and a handful of tights on Chavo.

Stone Cold's Team vs. Eric Bischoff's Team

1. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner by Booker T via Book-End.

2. Booker T by Mark Henry via power slam.

3. Mark Henry by the Dudley Boyz and Rob Van Dam via 3-D and Five-Star Frog Splash.

4. RVD by Randy Orton via neckbreaker.

5. D-Von by Chris Jericho.

6. Bubba Ray by Christian via Unprettier.

7. Christian by Shawn Michaels via superkick.

8. Jericho by HBK via rollup.

9. It was just a bloody HBK vs. Orton. The referee was knocked out. As HBK was setting Orton up for some Sweet Chin Music, Bischoff ran in and kicked HBK in the ribs. Austin ran in and attacked Bischoff before giving Orton a Stunner. While Austin was busy beating up Bischoff near the entrance, Batista ran in and powerbombed HBK. Orton took the win.

Winner: Randy Orton

As a result of that match, Austin is out of the WWE.

Buried Alive

Undertaker was in complete control of the match. Vince McMahon was bloodied up to the point where half of his body was a complete red. He even stained the ring and the announcers' table with his blood. After throwing Vinnie Mac into the grave, Taker went to the tractor next to the grave site to prepare some dirt. But the tractor door exploded on his face. Kane appeared out of nowhere and attacked Taker, throwing him into the grave. Kane then pulled Vinnie Mac out and told him to start the tractor. Vinnie Mac then dumped a truckload of dirt on the grave to take the win.

The World Heavyweight Championship

Goldberg speared and jackhammered Triple-H for the win.

What!?!?!  Triple H didn't get the belt back!?!?! :o  :lol:

That's right. Apparently, WWE wants to set up a title match between Goldberg and Kane on or before Armageddon next month.

BTW, for those in the Los Angeles area, be sure to drop by RVD's 5-Star Comics store for these events:

Ivory (Nov. 26)

Lita (Dec. 9)

Edited by areaseven

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmmmmm. Isn't that Ivory? Great pic A7! You two look very happy together. :p

Is she still an active wrestler in the WWE? :blink: I only have access to Smackdown so I don't really know what's going on with the rest of the shows.

Is she still an active wrestler in the WWE? :blink: I only have access to Smackdown so I don't really know what's going on with the rest of the shows.

She's on RAW once in a while. During the autograph session, she mentioned a lot of things:

- There was supposed to be another season of Tough Enough, but MTV canned the project.

- Shaniqua and Nidia recently had implants. Nidia also had plastic surgery.

- Booker T. is her current favorite wrestler.

- It was Ivory's birthday and she shared cake with everyone at the store. She told everyone that she's 42 now.

- She signed the store's replica of the Women's title belt, marking a 'III' (meaning she held the title three times). Lita will be signing that same belt next month.

- She was surprised that I remember watching her back in the old days of GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling), when she was GLOW Champion Tina Ferrari.

When it comes to interaction with the fans, Ivory seems to be the Divas' equivalent of Mick Foley. She's very, very friendly and talks to everyone very casually. I'm much honored, as she's the first WWE Superstar I've met.

I also got to meet Rob Van Dam's wife. She's so cute.

Now to make plans for December 9, when RVD returns and brings in Lita.

When it comes to interaction with the fans, Ivory seems to be the Divas' equivalent of Mick Foley.

Have you ever met Mick Foley? What a tool...he must like making little girls cry.. at an autograph signing I was at he would refuse to take pictures or talk to anyone who didn't have a penis. This includes 5 year old girls with Mick Foley/Mankind merchandise.. really bad when its brother & sister and Mick Foley would only talk to the little boy...

now Al Snow on the other hand is awesome. He was cool to everyone.

Anyone catch the Stone Cold "truth" last night on UPN lol

I wonder what SCSA will do now since he's unempolyed....oh ya get ready for Wrestlemania 20 for his match vs Vince McMahon