MW. Hong Kong Shopathon Jan 2004.

Sebastian

Hey Sebastian,

Thanks for the update on the iternary for the 2 days itself. Unfortunately, i wun be able to join you guys for dinner/drinks on one of the days, as it is reserved for a farewell/reunion dinner for my wife with her family and friends before she departs for singapore together with me on the 11th. Cant wait for the day to approach.

Hey Graham, could i recommend another place which is along the way for iternary for the first day? Taht would be CTMA centre, another good place for vintage as well as current toys.

PS: Could we have a final update on who is coming to the MW HK Shopathon? Real names and place of lodging would be nice as well. For those who stay at Ramada hotel, we could arrange to meet up at the lobby together with Sebastian, before proceeding to Sino centre. Thanks.

I shall start first:

Recon (Name: Louis) (Place of lodging: Ramada Hotel)

Edited by recon

How come you didn't put down Lan Kwai Fong in there since you guys are up at Causeway Bay?

BTW: Where is this Shop in Tsuen Wan? Address? I live there!

I'm think I'm in since I'm still here. I need to check on dinner though since I have promised friends to spend more time with them.

Also, a tip for many of you folks who are planning on bringing home goodies: Bring CASH. Many of the smaller shops only take cash or will charge you the 3% charged to them by credit card companies. Or work on your haggling skills. :D

Edited by Neova

Hey Graham, could i recommend another place which is along the way for iternary for the first day? Taht would be CTMA centre, another good place for vintage as well as current toys.

Already mentioned in the above list, i.e Superman Toys & Ant Shop are in CTMA Center.

Graham

Ok,

We will meet it the lobby of the Kowloon Hotel at 11.00am on Friday 9th January.

Why in the Kowloon Hotel?

Because I am staying there, so I can wake up at 10:30 :D:p

Nah! I am just follwing the all mighty orders of the Sithlord.

Here is the location and address.

The Kowloon Hotel

19-21 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, SAR

Tel: +852 2929 2888

Edit> It is only a couple of blocks away from the Ramada hotel, a few minutes walking... almost sure.

Edited by Sebastian

Could we have a final update on who is coming to the MW HK Shopathon? Real names and place of lodging would be nice as well. 

Latest Update!

Confirmed Members:

Graham Parkes. (his house)

Wingcomander. (Ramada Hotel)

Guppy. (Daniel Gustafson, Ramada Hotel)

DemonPlay. (Parents home)

Recon. (Louis, Ramada Hotel)

Lazyman. (his house)

Deadzone. (His house)

Xtoys (Tony Yao, Kowloon Hotel).

Neova (Anthony, his house)

Sebastian Poli Lauzon (Kowloon Hotel).

So we have 10 confirmed members, 3 wifes and one Baby.

Edited by Sebastian

Hey Sabastian,

My full name is Louis Ang.

Hey sebastian, we really have to go to Kowloon hotel to meet you guys?

Im ok with that but not so sure about Guppy and Wingcommander.

Either we could make our way separately to mongkok sino centre or maybe arrange to meet up at tsim sha tsui MTR before proceeding to Mongkok or just meet up at Kowloon hotel as Graham suggested.

Cheers

Recon,

You really want to split up and meet up like that? Unless you all have cell phones, we need name tags or tour shirts or something to identify each other. Or Sebastian can hold up a huge glowing light sabre with the Macross Kite Emblem and swing it around so everyone knows its him. The Macrossworld "Ducky Tour" as we say in Cantonese. :D

Sinocenter is busy for a meet. I suggest meeting at Tsim Sha Tsui's MTR station or the hotel since it is literally a 3-5 min walk the MTR station.

BTW: Are any of you guys the "quiet" type in real life? You know, non-talkative, feels like there is nothing to talk about, looks at your feet all of the time? It can get quite boring with 10 guys, 3 gals and a baby if the majority of you just listen and snicker most of the time.

Edited by Neova

Recon,

You really want to split up and meet up like that? Unless you all have cell phones, we need name tags or tour shirts or something to identify each other. Or Sebastian can hold up a huge glowing light sabre with the Macross Kite Emblem and swing it around so everyone knows its him. The Macrossworld "Ducky Tour" as we say in Cantonese. :D

Sinocenter is busy for a meet. I suggest meeting at Tsim Sha Tsui's MTR station or the hotel since it is literally a 3-5 min walk the MTR station.

BTW: Are any of you guys the "quiet" type in real life? You know, non-talkative, feels like there is nothing to talk about, looks at your feet all of the time? It can get quite boring with 10 guys, 3 gals and a baby if the majority of you just listen and snicker most of the time.

Hiya Neova,

Yaps quite true thats why i proposed a number of options of meeting up. Again meeting at the Tsim Sha Tsui can be quite problematic and difficult as we dunnoe the crowd traffic at pre-arranged time. I guess meeting up at Kowloon Hotel would be the best.

Cheers

The idea to all meet up at the Kowloon Hotel lobby, is because it is;

A) A convenient meeting place and close to the MTR.

B) It will be easy for us to find each other.

C) I would like us all to have a late breakfast/early lunch together so we can sit down, chat a while and get to know each other a bit before we all head out shopping. Tsim Sha Tsui is a good place to eat as there are lots of place to eat.

Graham

Strange question Anthony.

Dont worry, girls are talkative by nature.

I am Sure Guppy is NOT the quiet type at all.

Graham is a gentleman, he walks never run... but still not quiet.

Tony is not quiet, in fact he is the annoying type :lol: Right Mr Xtoys?

And I cant talk about the rest, I dont know them in person.

The baby will not come with us, that is for sure, specially for the drinks.

But if you find us quiet.. then I can hadle the little guy to you for a while and solve your problem... :p

About me... LOL I am NOT a silent person at all.

I am sure you will not get bored, also if some of us are not the cool type or party type, it doesnt matter, for me is pretty exciting the idea of meeting people from MW and share our passion for toys and anime. We are the rare type , we may look and act different but we are alike and that is the reason we all are getting together in HK, right? To have fun no matter what.

Edited by Sebastian

ARG! My dad is going to be in Hong Kong... I should have gone with him :(

I think I stayed at the Kowloon Hotel... It's a neat place :D I broke in my 1/60 Hikaru there... And he fell off the TV stand :lol:

I can't remember any of the shops I went to down there... There was a neat one on Kowloon side in a big shopping mall where I scored my MSiA Dennie for like $70.

Vostok 7

ARG! My dad is going to be in Hong Kong... I should have gone with him :(

I think I stayed at the Kowloon Hotel... It's a neat place :D I broke in my 1/60 Hikaru there... And he fell off the TV stand :lol:

It is Ok Vostok 7... Ok, you can tell your dad he can come.

Next time ask directly please. :rolleyes:

If you want me to buy something for you let me know, I can do it and give the stuff to your dad.

I remember your 1/60 Hickaru and TV history. LOL.

... WHAT did you said about AgentONE ASS???

Sorry Vostok, but looks like you dont stand a chance with him... he is into door knobs.

Hello from Ko Tao in thailand!!

I'm OK with the Kowloon - I would be completely LOST at any other meeting place! This shopathon is gonna be great - I have been doing nothing for a week but sitting on beaches and drinking alcohol. and eating and sleeping. HK will wake my lazy ass right up! But I bet it's not as nice as Agent One's!!!! LOL!! :lol:

Oh well, back to the beach for me. I need to rest some more after my really hard day so I can stay up all night for new year's.

Oh, BTW, HAPPY NEW YEARS!! Cheers to another year of unfulfill new year resolutions. :p

:lol: you guys.

Naw, I don't need anything except for a Low Viz... but I'm low on funds. I don't know exactly where my dad is going to be and when, so the dates might not have worked out anyway.

And besides Sebastian, I thought I was a bad guy? :lol:

Vostok 7

BTW: Are any of you guys the "quiet" type in real life? You know, non-talkative, feels like there is nothing to talk about, looks at your feet all of the time? ...

Strange question Anthony.

I am sure you will not get bored, also if some of us are not the cool type or party type, it doesnt matter, for me is pretty exciting the idea of meeting people from MW and share our passion for toys and anime. We are the rare type , we may look and act different but we are alike and that is the reason we all are getting together in HK, right? To have fun no matter what.

After writing it, I thought it was a tad strange myself but remembered why I wrote it. I've been to many gatherings (not just Macross related), and while attendees appeared to be relatively social on the internet, most were introverts at live meets, especially their first or nth ones.

I found it underwelming to say the least with me gabbing and the others listeing, snickering, looking at their shoes or all of the above.

It sounds like we have festive group and I'm also looking forward to meeting you folks. I have no expectations or particular preferences for any people other than to enjoy our commonalities.

See you all soon

Hello from Ko Tao in thailand!!

I'm OK with the Kowloon - I would be completely LOST at any other meeting place! This shopathon is gonna be great - I have been doing nothing for a week but sitting on beaches and drinking alcohol. and eating and sleeping. HK will wake my lazy ass right up! But I bet it's not as nice as Agent One's!!!! LOL!! :lol:

Oh well, back to the beach for me. I need to rest some more after my really hard day so I can stay up all night for new year's.

Oh, BTW, HAPPY NEW YEARS!! Cheers to another year of unfulfill new year resolutions. :p

Hey guppy,

No problems with that, you wun be lost with me and my wife around.

Anyways, there is alot of cool eating places and nice food around, so guys try to abstain from burgers/fries or pizza/spagetthi unless necessary.

Hey guppy dun stay at the beach too much, we dun wish to have you for roast beef or ham. :lol::D:p Just j/king. :ph34r:

Cheers

I have been doing nothing for a week but sitting on beaches and drinking alcohol. and eating and sleeping. HK will wake my lazy ass right up!

Sad, sad... on your honneymoon and that is all you had done. :(

Somebody must be pretty pissed.

Happy New Year Gup! :lol:

No problems with that, you wun be lost with me and my wife around.

Anyways, there is alot of cool eating places and nice food around, so guys try to abstain from burgers/fries or pizza/spagetthi unless necessary.

Do you think she will like to spend her time with us? :huh:

Maybe she will find us a bit weird... to say the less. Anyways I hope she can come, so the other girls can have some company!

I had been in HK several times, but usually not long enough to find the good restaurants, your help will be appreciated!

Hey Sebastian,

Im sure she does, afterall everytime im in HK, she always accompany me for my toy hunts, sometimes she feels that i love my toys more than her, which is of course not. :lol::D:p

No problems, me and my wife can bring you guys around to sample the local delicacies in HK, dun worry we wun bring you guys to eat weird or strange stuff, cos im rather squrmish about such thing even though im a chinese. With regards to western cuisines and pubs, im sure Graham knows of more places than i do.

Cheers

Ok,

We will meet it the lobby of the Kowloon Hotel at 11.00am on Friday 9th January.

Why in the Kowloon Hotel?

Because I am staying there, so I can wake up at 10:30 :D:p

Nah! I am just follwing the all mighty orders of the Sithlord.

Here is the location and address.

The Kowloon Hotel

19-21 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, SAR

Tel: +852 2929 2888

Edit> It is only a couple of blocks away from the Ramada hotel, a few minutes walking... almost sure.

Alright,

11:00 am on friday Jan. 9 2004. I can make that. This better be the final date. I am leaving for HK on monday and won't have internet access at the place I am staying at. In fact, I don't even have good internet access at my parents place. I'm typing this from my sisters computer. I just don't want to show up at kowloon hotel and twiddle my thumbs for three hours only to find out the meeting date got moved to Thursday or Saturday.

So, if everything goes as planned, I will be seeing you guys on Friday. :)

Safe trips to all.

Could we have a final update on who is coming to the MW HK Shopathon? Real names and place of lodging would be nice as well. 

Latest Update!

Confirmed Members:

DemonPlay. (Parents home)

Recon. (Louis, Ramada Hotel)

Lazyman. (his house)

Deadzone. (His house)

So we have 10 confirmed members, 3 wifes and one Baby.

Hiya guys,

Okie as you know its 4 more days to the big event. I would be arriving on the 8th of Jan in HK.

With regards to the meeting on the 9th of Jan, 2004, for those staying at Ramada Hotel including myself, Guppy and Wingcommander, could we meet up at the hotel lobby at 10:40am sharp before proceeding to Kowloon hotel to meetup with Sebastian and others? Its roughly a 10 to 15 mins walk to Kowloon hotel from Ramada.

Wingcommander, whats your real name btw? Need it so that you could be contacted in case of emergencies.

Cheers

ack~ bet you guys are already buying up everything in HK huh?!

hey Sebastian, could you pick me up a Transformers Binaltech BT-02 if it's less than $45 US? it's the red viper. or better yet, if you can find the Masterpiece Prime for $100 US get that for me...I'll pay you back! I promise! I know I'm finicky but could you check to make sure the box is in good condition. :p Thanks!

I will see you in Shang Hai soon! Again! :rolleyes:

Firstly happy new year, ;)

and now to something totally different...

Bad news (for me) :(

I can't join the Shopathon..., cause some of my dxxn colleagues,

had some 'Resturlaub' (remainder vacation) :angry:

So I will arrive in HongKong at feb. ...

:angry::angry: Oh I hate them all! :angry::angry:

Graham, I will contact you (via pm), when I arrive in HKG...

for the Polos :rolleyes:

:(

Likewise, I cannot go to the shopathon in HK because of my stupid customer visit during this week, and they are staying over the weekend for sightseeing (and waiting for me to entertain them)

Any chance I can paypal or wire transfer the money to someone to get my Polo shirts? Pleasse? :unsure:

I know I might be hated, listed on black list, but being an employee at a traditional asian company sucks!

Guys, Graham, Sebastian, Guppy and Co. have fun!

Happy New Year to you guys!

:(:(:(

Hiya guys,

As you know its two more days to the actual event, looking forward to see you guys there.

Ill be there on the 8th of Jan 2004 at 12pm, as for that day, i will be settling some of my personal matters.

Wingcommander and Guppy, please be at the Ramada hotel lobby at 1040am sharp before proceeding to Kowloon hotel on foot to meet the others. From there, we could either take the shuttle bus or the MTR to our first destination Mongkok.

Cheers

Latest Update!

Confirmed Members:

Recon. (Louis Ang, Ramada Hotel)

Lazyman. (his house)

Deadzone. (His house)

9 confirmed members, 3 wifes and one Baby.

Hi Guys, am new to this forum...wondering whether your could helped out here. I will be going over HK in feb...was wondering whether anyone has Animate's email address so that I can mail them to reserve some stuff....1/48 in HK seems to be at least 20-30 US cheaper than in Singapore...

maybe your can also post where/what shop ur got the best deals in HK..

Thanx

Just an update ... I waited too long to make a reservation for the Kowloon Hotel in HK, now it's all booked for a toy convention. I'll be staying at the Ramada Kowloon now. So if any of you guys attending the Shopthaton are at staying at the Ramada or are in HK & read this e-mail before Friday, gimme a hollar. I'll be staying there as of Thursday 1/8/04. Look or me under "Tony Yao".

I'll see you guys Friday morning at 11am at the Kowloon Hotel.

xstoys

Tony B))

Just an update ... I waited too long to make a reservation for the Kowloon Hotel in HK, now it's all booked for a toy convention. I'll be staying at the Ramada Kowloon now. So if any of you guys attending the Shopthaton are at staying at the Ramada or are in HK & read this e-mail before Friday, gimme a hollar. I'll be staying there as of Thursday 1/8/04. Look or me under "Tony Yao".

I'll see you guys Friday morning at 11am at the Kowloon Hotel.

xstoys

Tony B))

Hey Tony,

Sorry to hear that, but anyways i will be meeting guppy at Ramada hotel lobby at 1040am, so that we have enough time to make our way to Kowloon hotel slowly. Anyways if you fail to see me at the depicted time, just give me a holler, my name is Louis Ang.

Cheers

Wingcomander... too bad... We all hate you, but dont worry :p

Xtoys!!! Whoooooo Hooooooo Cool you will join us! I will have a special place for you... hehehehe :ph34r:

Eternal D.... NO WE ARE NOT BUYING ANYTHING!!!! Not until the Shopathon! I know in HK the Optimus convoy where going for about 60... but there is no more Stock!!! sorry man I cannot help you this time,

Guppy and I search EVERYWHERE for the Convoy without any Luck, no optimus and NO beer! HK SUCKS!!!!!

Anyways this picture is for you.

Edited by Sebastian

Hey sebastian,

looks like you are having a great time there in HK.

Btw that convoy is an hasbro version...yucky..shucks you should have told me earlier, my friend's shop addtional takara convoy for sale. I could have brought it with me to HK for you to pass it to eternaD. Well its too late now..shucks i better get some sleep before my morning flight. Btw i will be arriving in HK in the afternoon, leave me a message if you are looking for me at Ramada.

Cheers