MW. Hong Kong Shopathon Jan 2004.

Sebastian

Dear Macross World Fellow Members.

I tought I should start a new thread about the JANUARY Macross World Shopathon to clarify everything.

1) The HK shopathon FINAL dates are: January 9th to January 11 . 3 full days.

2) Some of us will arrive earlier (Gup and I will be there on Jan 5th, Graham lives there).

3) Members who will come to HK please post here. I need to have final confirmation from you guys.

4) The Final T-Shirt Design is the Number ONE short Sleeve Polo tipe and black color. We still need Graham-San to confirm everything.

5) We will start in the early morning (10 am :p ) and will visit EVERY TOY SHOP our Guide (The SithLord himself) knows, between every Toy Shop visit we will visit EVERY BAR/PUB on the city. 3 full days of Macross toys (and others) and alcohol for everybody.

As soon the interested members confirm their coming I will email them with the last details.

We still need to find some cheap and decent hotels in HK guess Guppy and Graham can help us wih that.

EVERYBODY IS INVITED!!!!!

:o

Edit: I said June in the title... it is JANUARY!!!!!

Edited by Sebastian

Hi guys,

I regret to inform you that i may not be able to make it for the HK shopathon from January 9th to January 11. If in any event that i was able to spare the time, i will join you guys there. I will provide my own lodging if im there. ;):D . By the way, can my fiancee join me in the tours as she is a local there, if i so happen to make it. Enjoy yourselves and hope to meet you all.

Cheers

Hi guys,

I regret to inform you that i may not be able to make it for the HK shopathon from January 9th to January 11. If in any event that i was able to spare the time, i will join you guys there. I will provide my own lodging if im there. ;):D . By the way, can my fiancee join me in the tours as she is a local there, if i so happen to make it. Enjoy yourselves and hope to meet you all.

Cheers

Guppi's Wife and my wife will be there, so your girl is more than wellcome!

Hope you can make it!

Thanks Sebastian!

Thats nice to hear. Graham's wife and company can do shopping around for clothes and so on..etc.... while we shop for toys and booze away. Pray at the end of the trip, there wun be a huge dent in our credit card accounts.

By the way anyone holding out till the January HK Shopathon to get the 1/48 VF-1J? My best guess, we wun find much of them left in January as these are pretty hot items.

Hopeing and praying i could make it.

Cheers

Toonz and izzyfcuk, thats provided if i can make it in time for the trip.

If you guys are interested in the MW HK Shopathon shirt, perhaps you could probably list down the chest sizes, then forward it to Graham to make the order. Following by which Noel could do you guys a favor by paying upfront and bringing them back to you in SG, in which you could late reimburse him for his service and trouble.

Hmm.. coming to think of it, probably need to discuss with Noel to get me one too just in case i cant make it, could wear it next time when im in HK.

And if im going, probably need to talk to Noel wether he wishes to travel together to HK.

Cheers

I am going of course! I haven't bought anything from hlj in a month so I will have a nice big shopping list. I have no idea about accomodation, but I will be looking for nice but not too expensive (if such a thing exists in HK)

Ok Guys,

So Far we have the next members confirmed for the HK Shopathon:

Graham.

Wingcomander.

Noel (Black Aces).

Guppy. :blink: AKA Mr. Disney. :blink:

Sebastian.

And two wifes :ph34r: ... Graham´s is not confirmed. Graham?

Almost confirmed:

Recon.

Neova.

We still have time to make this list bigger!

COME ON GUYS! This will be a trip to remember for the rest of our lifes! not everyday you get together with a bunch of MW freacks in HK the city of the toys!

Edited by Sebastian

Ok Guys,

So Far we have the next members confirmed for the HK Shopathon:

Graham.

Wingcomander.

Noel (Black Aces).

Guppy. :blink: AKA Mr. Disney. :blink:

Sebastian.

And two wifes :ph34r: ... Graham´s is not confirmed. Graham?

Almost confirmed:

Recon.

Neova.

We still have time to make this list bigger!

COME ON GUYS! This will be a trip to remember for the rest of our lifes! not everyday you get together with a bunch of MW freacks in HK the city of the toys!

Can't wait to meet all of you guys especially guppy and sebastian, not forgetting the sithlord himself, Graham if i could make it. It would so fun and interesting. Up to now i can say its only 70% confirmed

Ermm..10am, aint it a bit early, most shops especially toys opened around 11am to 1pm. Perhaps we could have breakfast first and chit chat about macross and stuff while waiting for the shops to open, before unleashing ourselves to a massive buying spree. :ph34r::blink::D

Cheers

probally the 5th till the 15th. I do want to do the tourist thing in the mainland and such.

Whoa...you'll need more than 10 days to tour the mainland. Or do you mean just Hong Kong's New Territories?

Sorry Sebastian...I have committed to Peru for all of January. Have alot of fun guys! :)

I was thinking maybe we should reward Toonz with a shirt for his efforts in coming out with a beautiful design for the MW HK Shopathon? What do you think? Im all for it.

Recon. I see Toonz is a good friend of you, but reality is the Sithlord was only using Toonz abilities for the Shopathon and his own interests. Let's say Toonz reward is serving the cause.

Sorry but we need money for Girlie Bars, and that is the real reason for selling those punny T-Shirts. :ph34r:

Can't wait to meet all of you guys especially guppy and sebastian, not forgetting the sithlord himself

Recon. Are you sure? :blink:

Arr.... I'm leaving HK on 8th Jan!!!!

Sucks to be you hevangel2 :lol: But you can still buy some T-Shirts and help Us to finance the Girlie Bars!

Sorry Sebastian...I have committed to Peru for all of January.

Dan... Actually sucks to be YOU more! You prefer the Machu Pichu and the LLamas over US! We will hate you forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and... and ever-ever!

you think there still macross products left by the time we go there.. i mean if we dont get the good stuff.. i was hoping graham or someone could buy it for us in advance in case it runs out..

Sorry vf1max But we will Clean EVERY Shop in HK!!! There will be NO STOCK of ANY Macross related merchandise in HK after Jan 9.

About We buying stuff for you, I dont think It will be possible :( , we will spend all our money and will keep all the stocks for ourselfs, but dont worry, we will be auctioning all our unnecesary toys purchases on eBay after Jan 15. Prices will be a bit expensive due to the HK lack of stocks.

I strongly recommend you to change you plane tickets.. it is only a few days early!!

Think about all the money you will safe not bidding on eBay :ph34r:

OK! Here is the Updated Infoooooormation! :o:o

Confirmed Members:

Graham.

Wingcomander.

Noel (Black Aces).

Guppy. AKA Mr. Disney.

VF-1S Alpha (Paulo)

DemonPlay.

Sebastian.

Also Two wifes and a baby (ok, we can use it as our mascot, but dont tell his mom!).

Almost confirmed (come on guys!):

Recon.

Neova.

OK! Here is the Updated Infoooooormation! :o:o

Almost confirmed (come on guys!):

Recon.

Neova.

Sebastian,

I would confirm if I could. I need to check with immigration to ensure that I'm not on their "next to be deported" list. My airline already knows to ask how many more months to extend my stay after I tell them my name.

I'm working on it and will let you guys know.

Too bad we Americans have nothing as cool as that here (except maybe BotCon). As far as Macross is concerned, we get stuck with Harmony Gold craming Robotech in our faces (good no doubt, but not near as good) . Oh well, sign me up for a shirt. I'll send Graham a message with size, etc. Thanks for hooking we fellow fans up. B))

I was thinking maybe we should reward Toonz with a shirt for his efforts in coming out with a beautiful design for the MW HK Shopathon? What do you think? Im all for it.

Recon. I see Toonz is a good friend of you, but reality is the Sithlord was only using Toonz abilities for the Shopathon and his own interests. Let's say Toonz reward is serving the cause.

Sorry but we need money for Girlie Bars, and that is the real reason for selling those punny T-Shirts. :ph34r:

Can't wait to meet all of you guys especially guppy and sebastian, not forgetting the sithlord himself

Recon. Are you sure? :blink:

Arr.... I'm leaving HK on 8th Jan!!!!

Sucks to be you hevangel2 :lol: But you can still buy some T-Shirts and help Us to finance the Girlie Bars!

Sorry Sebastian...I have committed to Peru for all of January.

Dan... Actually sucks to be YOU more! You prefer the Machu Pichu and the LLamas over US! We will hate you forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and... and ever-ever!

you think there still macross products left by the time we go there.. i mean if we dont get the good stuff.. i was hoping graham or someone could buy it for us in advance in case it runs out..

Sorry vf1max But we will Clean EVERY Shop in HK!!! There will be NO STOCK of ANY Macross related merchandise in HK after Jan 9.

About We buying stuff for you, I dont think It will be possible :( , we will spend all our money and will keep all the stocks for ourselfs, but dont worry, we will be auctioning all our unnecesary toys purchases on eBay after Jan 15. Prices will be a bit expensive due to the HK lack of stocks.

I strongly recommend you to change you plane tickets.. it is only a few days early!!

Think about all the money you will safe not bidding on eBay :ph34r:

Hey Sebastian,

No toonz is just a good friend of mine in MW, but in real life we are just accquaintance. Back to the topic of rewarding toonz with a T-shirt, i just feel it just a gesture for his time and effort in designing the logo for the MW HK Shopathon. Maybe i can bring it back for him if he is interested.

Erm sebastian, you sure your wife will let you visit those girlie bars? :lol::D:p

Yes of course, i would be delighted to meet all of ya especially you and Guppy? Why? cos you both seem to be a fun going cheerful bunch of people. :);)

Okie count me in, i will be arriving on the 8th or 9th of January!! Hey Graham, could up my T shirt size to 44 collar black model? By the way, i wun be lodging together with ya guys as i have my own lodging. But i could meet ya guys early in the morning. So could Graham, please pm me with your contact number, so that i can reach you if i cant manage to locate or find you guys.

Hmm since im coming on the 8th, maybe i will clear out the toy stores..kekek :p Just joking, i probably have few things to buy, maybe just one or two occasional items provided the prices seem attractive enough.

Boy...you guys must try the food in HK especially the desserts and snacks along the way.

Cheers

Edited by recon

By the way just received news that 1/48 VF-1J/Non-Fps is available in the local toy market Wanchai, HK for a retail price of USD 105 to 115. Im not so sure about the exact price as the buyer just gave an approximation of HKD$8xx for the 1/48 VF-1J he bought. The funny thing is they mentioned it cost around 114 newspaper for the non fp version and 166 newspaper for the fp version. I guess its the cost of each newpaper multiply by the mentioned factors will give the price for each version. How much does one set of newpaper cost in HK?

Pray that this Yamato edition doesnt sell out like hot cakes for those who are interested in getting it during the MW HK Shopathon

Cheers

Edited by recon

Excelllllent (mr.burns voice) .. our trip is shaping up nicely.

Hey Graham, if it's not too late, can I order a second shirt in a small size (women's size 10)? After my wife saw the shirt she had to have one! :D

PS- It's My BIRTHDAY today! lol. :birthday:

oh no! The birthday emoticon is GONE! :(

Excelllllent (mr.burns voice) .. our trip is shaping up nicely.

Hey Graham, if it's not too late, can I order a second shirt in a small size (women's size 10)? After my wife saw the shirt she had to have one! :D

PS- It's My BIRTHDAY today! lol. :birthday:

oh no! The birthday emoticon is GONE! :(

:D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

HOPE YOU GET ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE! (about Macross Stuff!) hahahaha

Paulo