Standard Type Tactical Pod Regult plamo kit Resale

valhary

Thread about this and other kits right here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33020

Also just to be clear, this isn't a playmo kit, it's a reissue of the old IMAI kits which are traditional glue and paint kits from '82~'83.

vintage IMAI kits

Edited by anime52k8

In short: Due out next month. Limited Bandai reissue of 1980's kit by Imai. Nice detail, some accuracy issues. 2000 Yen SRP. Vintage kit could accommodate lighting elements for the monoeye.

I am glad I didn´t bought the old Imaii kits, those were expensive because they were vintages, now with this re-release, I have already ordered 6, this are the most accurate in proportions and in details Glaug ever made, I couldn´t get the Captain America regults, so this are the best option after the cap´s resin ones. I just love them, can´t wait to have them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pre-ordered the Regult. Can't beat that price.

Short of time travel, I suppose not...

I paid far more than that for my Imai Regult - but in retrospect it's too much to pay for a kit that falls so firmly into the "fixer-upper" category. Old kits should be a bargain and I don't feel like this release is...

Looks nice, but not 1/60. I have one on order.

I would prefer 1/60 but with the extreme variation of just how big the pods and zent soldiers really were, I'm not sure you could tell too much difference displaying a 1/72 pod with a 1/60 valk.

Take the new web exclusive zent uniform for the TV max valk. Just how big would a 1/60 pod really be if the guy he got that off of had to fit in it??

I would prefer 1/60 but with the extreme variation of just how big the pods and zent soldiers really were, I'm not sure you could tell too much difference displaying a 1/72 pod with a 1/60 valk.

Take the new web exclusive zent uniform for the TV max valk. Just how big would a 1/60 pod really be if the guy he got that off of had to fit in it??

YUP!! a candidate for Anime magic if ever there was.

YUP!! a candidate for Anime magic if ever there was.

Exactly!

That's what always annoys me about people who don't use much toilet paper banging on about how this dimension is 1mm out and that arm is too shiny or rabbiting on about real world comparisons, blah blah blah........... :wacko:

99.99999% of people who see my sci-fi models are not going to know what they are let alone say something like "gee the 3rd antenna on the right arm is 1mm too short and is 5 degrees out of alignment" :rolleyes: or in the case of the jacket for Max's VF-1 they will more than likely say "what the hell is the robot thingy doing dressed in a jacket" than "gee that jacket looks a bit small/big for a Regult" ;)

If you display the 1/72 behind the 1/60 it will give a sense of depth in small place anyway.

Nice quick buildup! Didn't you consider lighting the eye? You can see how it was the model for the Matchbox Battle Pod toy....

Mine arrived yesterday. I haven't broken out the parts yet, but my impression is that it's close in size to the Toynami 1/100 Regults. I'll see if I can shoot some comparisons tomorrow during my day off.

Looks great. I was thinking that I may use clear acrylic rod on mine at the rear of it and attach it to a base at the other end.

hmm, i hav a loose bandai stand, maybe i'll mod it.

Nice quick buildup! Didn't you consider lighting the eye? You can see how it was the model for the Matchbox Battle Pod toy....

Mine arrived yesterday. I haven't broken out the parts yet, but my impression is that it's close in size to the Toynami 1/100 Regults. I'll see if I can shoot some comparisons tomorrow during my day off.

maybe i'll try lighting it up. hope to see urs soon too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everybody

I received my Regult for Xmas, it's really a nice kit but I have a problem because the instrucctions are only in japanese and I don't know wich colors I should use for the painting. I'll be very thankful If someone could translate them for me or maybe suggest me the right colors for it.

The scanned instruccion could be found here:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10129343t/60/1

Hope you guys can help me

Happy Holidays

Erick

I received my Regult for Xmas, it's really a nice kit but I have a problem because the instrucctions are only in japanese and I don't know wich colors I should use for the painting. I'll be very thankful If someone could translate them for me or maybe suggest me the right colors for it.

The scanned instruccion could be found here:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10129343t/60/1

From left to right

"Soft Gray" neutral gray 90% (kanji I can't read)white 10%

"Pearl White" white green 80% gull gray 20%

"Metal Blue" blue 50% medium blue 50%

• 4 weeks later...

DSC00651.JPGDSC00652.JPG

assembled and painted (somehow), will touch-up and add decals.

anyone knows what stand i can use to support it?

That is looking good!

I know the hatch in the back opens, but is the inside cockpit detailed at all? Probably asking too much of a model from this era, but here's to hoping.

Thanks for sharing.

From left to right

"Soft Gray" neutral gray 90% (kanji I can't read)white 10%

"Pearl White" white green 80% gull gray 20%

"Metal Blue" blue 50% medium blue 50%

Just to expand on Jefuemon's translation I can give you the Hobby Color (acrylic) & Mr Color (enamel) numbers for those paints.

For some reason Bandai don't refer directly to the Gunze numbers like others do but they do use the same names that Gunze use for the colours.

Soft Gray: Neutral Gray 90% H53 or 13 & INJ Gray 10% H61 or 35.

Pearl White: White Green 80% H31 (no direct equivalent in Mr Color) & Light Gull Gray H51 or 11.

Metal Blue: Blue 50% H5 or 5 & Medium Blue 50% H56 or 72.

Just to expand on Jefuemon's translation I can give you the Hobby Color (acrylic) & Mr Color (enamel) numbers for those paints.

Soft Gray: Neutral Gray 90% H53 or 13 & INJ Gray 10% H61 or 35.

Pearl White: White Green 80% H31 (no direct equivalent in Mr Color) & Light Gull Gray H51 or 11.

Metal Blue: Blue 50% H5 or 5 & Medium Blue 50% H56 or 72.

Thank you man, that's really useful information!!

However, from my childhood, I remember the regults painted in white and a very ligth blue. Not the dark blue that the manual and also the artbox suggest. Any suggestion there??

Rgards