Yamato GN-U Dou Figures

Kurisama

Now you just need one of these:

http://www.makerbot.com/

And you can make your own ABS parts! Sorry, just saw it on the Colbert report and instantly though "That'd be sweet for customizing Macross toys"

Nah, won't need one of those - how terribly limited, inaccurate and chunky...

The process in which my models will be made is akin to the way Liloo is created in the 5th Element, layer over layer. Like I said before, accurate to 0.01mm.

yeah, i wouldn't mind getting a GN-U M&M VF-22S set... i just can't seem to convince myself to get the 1/60s even at 60% off :blink:

i just don't have enough display space for them and I still can't get over the battroid proportions of the 1/60 YF-21/VF-22 mold.

EDIT - i wonder if Yamato ever toyed with the idea of packaging their 1/60 VFs with their GN-U counterpart... just add, say, ~1500-2000JPY... you'd have a big scale, PT valk and a smaller poseable battroid figure to display together.

Edited by m0n5t3r

People didn't buy these toys because they were over-priced. You could buy two Revoltechs at MSRP for the price of one GNu and the Revoltechs, while inferior in build and smaller, were more dynamic which most would argue is the point of these battroid mode only toys. Yamato further bungled the line with their improvement parts/super parts sold separately and lack of stands (initially). The VF-1 line was further bungled by showing prototypes of a VF-1S Focker with strike parts and then releasing non-super/strike versions of the toy. Why would you buy the first releases if a second release WITH the super/strike parts might be right around the corner? The obvious flaw there was that all releases should have included super/strike parts like Kaiyodo did with their better accessorized VF-1 Revoltech toys. They're definitely not bad toys but Yamato did a pretty poor job thinking the line through. When you look at the improvement parts for the Macross Plus toys your initial thought is "Why wasn't this how the toy was initially designed?"

yeah, but it seems to me that non-transformable small scale Macross VFs are just doomed to fail, doesn't matter who makes them. even some of the limited edition ones, after initial release, i've seen selling for cheap... and i think the toy companies have noticed this the past couple of years and it makes me sad coz i might never own the RD Armored VF-25S or any other VF (that I can't afford to buy/have in 1/60 scale) in action figure form. :(

Edited by m0n5t3r

yeah, but it seems to me that non-transformable small scale Macross VFs are just doomed to fail, doesn't matter who makes them.

And on top of that we are getting no destroids and only 2 Zentradi units in those scale - revo Reguld and RD Queadluun-Rhea. If they have gone with small scale destroids we may have a revo Spartan or even a GN-U Monster MkII.

I have both a Revvy and GNU -19, it's a matter of preference really, but I lean towards the GNU. The Revvy is very possable indeed but the cartoonish styling just doesn't do it for me, and it looks more like it walked out of Gurren Lagan than from Macross - not saying that the GNU -19 is an accurate representation either as it certainly is not. It just looks like a better display piece - excellent quality, no paint overruns, flat finish, and no weird smell.

Edited by Ghost Train

if only yamato released the GN-U vf-1 in this setup to match revoltechs.. with pricing to match with revoltech it would have been a sure winner to the collectors.

It would hav been a sure winner for BOTH yamato and the collectors, but NOoo.

I'd like to see and have a hikaru strike GN-U figure.