Ground Vehicles in multiple scales

tundrayeti

just a quick update, here are some pics of the steering wheels and of course a row of gunpod carrier bases. My unexpected business trip has set me back a bit but they are almost done. I'm waiting on a reprint of one of the parts. The fuel tank got demolished by one of my kids while I was gone. I will be posting pics of some of the CNC machined parts mainly the cab and the boom for the boom truck. I'm finishing them up now. Post them tomorrow or the day after hopefully.

post-7782-129834272126_thumb.jpgpost-7782-12983427336_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone. Well another quick update. Everything is going well, I am just waiting on some 3d printed parts and I am still working on the CNC parts. I am here to inform everyone that there will be another small delay, but one I'm sure you all can understand. Some of you who are more acquainted with me know that My 3 year old daughter is a cancer survivor. She was diagnosed with a Wilm's tumor when she was only a little over 1 year old. She underwent surgery and had to have a kidney removed. they got most of the tumor but found It had spread to her lungs and she had to undergo extensive chemotherapy. She has been in remission since June, and My family was very lucky. Well My daughter has had her wish granted from Make-A-Wish foundation. She wanted to meet Elmo from Sesame Street as, like many kids her age, she is a huge sesame street fan. It was one of the things that helped her get through the extensive hospital stays. Well we were informed that her wish has been granted and my family and I will be traveling to New York City and visit the Children's Television Workshop studios and watch a taping of the show and My daughter will get to meet the characters afterward. So folks I will have to set aside working on this to go with my daughter and watch her have fun. I'm sure you will all understand. I'll be sure to post a picture or 2 when I return. This shouldn't delay the 1/48 scale set too long, just a couple days, but I hate delays and just wanted to be up front with everyone. Thanks for all your support and understanding.

Now that all that is out of the way, anyone interested in the military vehicle set, please let me know. I am merely gauging interest at this point. I want to get an idea of how many i need to make in each scale. so send me a PM with the scale you want and how many kits you are interested in. The military set will consist of 1 APC, 2 M299 jeeps, and 2 XM3002 Low Gravity jeeps.

My heart goes out to you and your family. It's great that you both will be able to enjoy this time together at an event, which I am sure, is a much needed distraction.

Fortitude,

Rick

....your vehicle kits look great, by the way.

You don't have to explain delays to me man! :rolleyes:

Put me last on the list.

Hope everything goes well.

Yeah Exo you and I are not unfamiliar with those pesky little delays :lol: I was just trying to explain why I might be out of the loop for a while. I'm sure it's understandable, but I'm just trying to be up front with everyone. Thanks for all the Supportive comments guys, they really are appreciated. I'm just happy she is doing well and I have to give a shout out to the Make-A-Wish foundation they really are a top notch charity. Everyone there has been so nice, and everything happens fast so we didn't know if or when her wish was going to be granted. I'm sure she will never forget it.

Yeah Exo you and I are not unfamiliar with those pesky little delays :lol: I was just trying to explain why I might be out of the loop for a while. I'm sure it's understandable, but I'm just trying to be up front with everyone. Thanks for all the Supportive comments guys, they really are appreciated. I'm just happy she is doing well and I have to give a shout out to the Make-A-Wish foundation they really are a top notch charity. Everyone there has been so nice, and everything happens fast so we didn't know if or when her wish was going to be granted. I'm sure she will never forget it.

we understand wish your family well :)

Hey, have a great time on the trip! Sounds like it will be a wonderful opportunity to spend some relaxing and enjoyable time as a family. I'm sure you can all use it. Take care and enjoy the trip. We'll still be here when you get back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! back from New York and it was a blast. My kids had an awesome time and all the people who work at Sesame Street are absolutely wonderful. Here are a few pics. Jumping back into the routine has been a little hectic. I will have some more progress pics soon so stay tuned.

Thanks everyone for being so understanding.

post-7782-0-24505800-1299642748_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-90593900-1299642711_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-41306900-1299642761_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-40613900-1299642775_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-14246500-1299642734_thumb.jpg

They had a blast Mike. I was a very much needed diversion. But I also missed working on my model kits. That being said, here is an update guys. I did the CNC mockup for the boom truck cab over the last few days. I did a couple and then assembled one to see how it fits. Let me know what you guys think.

post-7782-0-17612500-1299846623_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-91386100-1299846629_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-35875300-1299846636_thumb.jpg

Edited by tundrayeti

• 2 weeks later...

Okay everyone, here is an update. I've been working on the boom to make it extend-able and here is the end result. Also got pics of the fuel tanker and the basket parts. This project is very close to completion, just waiting on some more printed detail parts.

Also, I am happy to inform everyone that the masters for the 1/72 and 1/48 scale jeeps have been ordered and are currently being produced. I still have to finish the APC, but that won't take too long. I've been focusing on getting the 1/48 ground sets ready.

As always please fire away with any comments and suggestions

post-7782-0-75331200-1300592822_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-39380200-1300592832_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-37380200-1300592842_thumb.jpg

Hi!

You're doing a wonderfull job

I agree with you : family is the most important thing :-)

I'd wish to have one set of military vehicle in 1/72, or at least one apc, please

Fam you are on the list! and now ironically the prototypes for some of the jeeps arrived today! I received the M299 in 1/72 and the xm 3002 in 1/72 and 1/48. here are the initial pics with 1/72 figures and 1/48 figures (sorry the head and arms are missing, but you will get the idea) So let's start getting some comments. I think the scales look right and the figs look pretty good in them. I'm still waiting for the m299 in 1/48th scale and some more of the 1/48 parts. the printers are busy but they are trying. I will be posting individual pictures of each of the 1.48 ground support vehicles that are almost finished, I'm just waiting for those final parts and a couple more casts. So here is more eye glucose guys:

m299 in 1/72 (the smaller scales are printed in transparent because it's cheaper) the smaller kits are more detailed so I'm just trying to cut costs)

post-7782-0-72541400-1301361788_thumb.jpg

the XM 3002 in 1/72:

post-7782-0-03313400-1301361822_thumb.jpg

the 1/72 in parts:

post-7782-0-69785700-1301361852_thumb.jpg

and the XM 3002 in 1/48:

post-7782-0-03196900-1301361889_thumb.jpg

I will be posting pics of each of the 1/48 ground support vehicles all this week so keep posted.

Hey! Stuff is looking good! The scale seems right and from what I can see the details look very nice too. I assume they both will come with steering wheels as well?

I gotta say though that the wheels and tanks(balls behind the front seats) on the XM3002 look too small to me in both scales. I know there may be some anime magic to deal with when translating the drawings, but if you could get those beefed up just a little I think they would really stand out and look perfect. The tanks seem only slightly undersized and may just be the way they look in the photos. But the wheels especially look like they are a little lost under the chassis and are not giving enough lift to it. They just don't look like they are made for rough terrain as I picture this vehicle being used for.

Just my two cents and friendly observation of course! :)

All in all these are looking great! I'll be glad to pick up a set when you get them into production. Keep up the great work!

Hey! Stuff is looking good! The scale seems right and from what I can see the details look very nice too. I assume they both will come with steering wheels as well?

I gotta say though that the wheels and tanks(balls behind the front seats) on the XM3002 look too small to me in both scales. I know there may be some anime magic to deal with when translating the drawings, but if you could get those beefed up just a little I think they would really stand out and look perfect. The tanks seem only slightly undersized and may just be the way they look in the photos. But the wheels especially look like they are a little lost under the chassis and are not giving enough lift to it. They just don't look like they are made for rough terrain as I picture this vehicle being used for.

Just my two cents and friendly observation of course! :)

All in all these are looking great! I'll be glad to pick up a set when you get them into production. Keep up the great work!

Jardann thanks they will all come with steering wheels. I agree that the tanks look a little small, i will double check they look bigger in my 3d model. The wheels are okay. I went off the premise that both jeeps use the same size wheels, It is common, and in the lineart they both look the same. This vehicle was very hard to due because of the "anime Magic" if you look at the lineart the back appears to have this huge space for people to have legroom and in reality the wheel well actually cuts into that. this one had a LOT of stuff like that and in the lineart the wheels are spaced close to the chassis. In the lineart the middle section acts like a trailer hitch and flexes side to side and up and down which in what supposedly gives the vehicle it's ability to traverse rough terrain. This one was a toughy because looking at it from the 2 perspectives the front axle looks like it's off (at least to me) So I had to do a little compromising. All very good points and that is the kind of response I love. I'll take some more details pics from underneath and give you guys a better look. I actually modelled in some differentials on the bottom. Let me know what yous guys think.

post-7782-0-03818300-1301454075_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-77876000-1301454087_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, there's definitely plenty of anime magic going on there with that little jeep! I completely understand your reasoning. Like I said, that was just my $.02 worth of impressions from the pics you posted. The new pics you've got definitely look better. It may be the translucent material of the masters that is causing the impression for me as well.

These are all looking great and I'm just spouting off hoping to give constructive ideas that may help you. I appreciate that you are receptive to our ideas and I do trust your production/creative skills. I'll certainly be looking forward to more pics and to when these are ready for our consumption! :p

Keep up the great work! I'll be watching and waiting!

Oh yeah, there's definitely plenty of anime magic going on there with that little jeep! I completely understand your reasoning. Like I said, that was just my $.02 worth of impressions from the pics you posted. The new pics you've got definitely look better. It may be the translucent material of the masters that is causing the impression for me as well.

These are all looking great and I'm just spouting off hoping to give constructive ideas that may help you. I appreciate that you are receptive to our ideas and I do trust your production/creative skills. I'll certainly be looking forward to more pics and to when these are ready for our consumption! :p

Keep up the great work! I'll be watching and waiting!

Definitely a lot of anime magic with both of them. i totally understand your perspective. I figured the new angles might clear things up a bit. Sometimes I just have to explain my reasoning, but i think you may be right about the tanks. I may have to resize them. I always welcome constructive critizism. makes me rethink things from a different perspective and actually makes these models better. The boom truck was greatly improved by your suggestions. so keep them coming guys, If everyone puts in their 2 cents, it makes a better product.

hello all, this has been long overdue but I'm getting ready for Wonderfest in addition to finishing up the 1/48 Ground vehicles and getting the molds made for the military set. The last parts FINALLY came in and I had to make molds for a few of the parts for the boom. I should start shipping this weekend. But I promised some photos of each of the kits, so here is what I have so far:

post-7782-0-07607400-1302175175_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-79436400-1302175187_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-30410500-1302175194_thumb.jpg

post-7782-0-13924100-1302175204_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-20283800-1302175211_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-32531100-1302175219_thumb.jpg

post-7782-0-07283900-1302175225_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-79493100-1302175235_thumb.jpg

I also finally got the 1/48 scale M-299 in so here are the pics for that:

post-7782-0-98378100-1302175318_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-93691300-1302175325_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-55679700-1302175332_thumb.jpg

I only put the steering wheel in one picture, but each vehicle will get one. Also the piston will move on the boom and I still have a few things to finish up on the boom truck, so I will post an update on that when It's done. The APC model is almost finished and i will post it soon for approval and comments before I send it off to be printed.

Thanks again everyone and if anyone wants to still get one of these kits, please feel free to PM me.

I also apologize for the photos my camera is acting up. I bought a new one I have to set it up, so i will post better photos if requested.

Edited by tundrayeti

Just a question, when are the set shipping out?

Hey heavy they will be shipping this week. The sets are casted and I am packaging and shipping this week. Everyone who ordered a set will receive a notice when their set has shipped. I apologize for the delays guys, but I had to make sure that each set is just right and all the parts are there. I appreciate everyone's patience and support.

Okay guys,

here is the finalized model for the APC. Unfortunately the 50 cal gun and another small detail could not be included due to the fact that it's too small to print. I'll look on the net and see if they make anything similar to it. I will leave this here til Friday for comments, and suggestions. After Friday, it will be sent off to be made and then orders will start to be accepted.

The 1/48 set is almost ready to be sent out those of you who ordered a set should start getting shipment notices soon. thanks again for all your support.

post-7782-0-25158600-1302662111_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-75802900-1302662120_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-48867100-1302662131_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys.

First off I am happy to announce that the 1/48 scale kits are on their way! If you missed this run send me a PM. I have some extra kits. I will have them available at Wonderfest. But if you still want one please ask away.

Now on to new business... I have started making molds for the 1/72 and 1/48 scale military vehicles set. The APC models are being sent to be printed and once they arrive, molds will be made. So that being said, please start getting you orders in for these, I plan on making them available for sale at Wonderfest as well. As I have told you all, any proceeds from these kits goes into the next one, and so on... I have finally gotten my vacuum chamber online so this process will move a little quicker. I will e sure to post in the for sale section. For the 1/60 scale guys interested in this set. Please make your voices heard. I would really love to make these a reality.

Also, thanks to Neptunesurvey for encouraging me to convert these to 1/100 scale as well. I ordered a few for myself and they look great. This scale comes with no need for assembly since all the models will have to be printed due to the small details. I will try to cast one or 2 of these to see how they come out but those of you who were interested, 1/100 scale is now on the table.

Thanks again everyone for the support and encouragement.