VF-17 to VF-171

Maiden Japan

OK, this is going to be my little after work project. Hopefully I can finish it by MWCon.

I don't know if this is already done before, but I just want VF-171 next to my VF-25 toy.

I'm not caring too much about correct proportion, or detail accuracy.

I'm just going to do a quick conversion to make somewhat look-like VF-171.

I already cut some portion of wing and fins. I also cut shortened shoulder armor.

Later I'm going to extend nose and wind shield.

post-6518-128279072676_thumb.jpg

post-6518-128279073375_thumb.jpg

post-6518-128279074845_thumb.jpg

post-6518-128279083902_thumb.gif

Edited by Maiden Japan

I don't remember seeing the VF-171. Was it in Frontier? It's pretty cool looking.

Off subject, has any of you ever gone to the Macross Con before? What are your honest opinions? My wife and I are talking about going back to California to visit. If the timing is right...But living in Florida now...Cali's a long way away.

Back on subject...

Good luck with the custom! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

VF-171 is from Frontier series. It is basically an upgrade from VF-17, and has almost the same transformation.

Only difference is that nose breaks in the middle, and folds back in battroid mode.

As for MWCon, I strongly suggest that you attend to this event.

It is going to be the biggest Macross party ever.

Edited by Maiden Japan

VF-171 is from Frontier series. It is basically an upgrade from VF-17, and has almost the same transformation.

Only difference is that nose breaks in the middle, and folds back in battroid mode.

As for MWCon, I strongly suggest that you attend to this event.

It is going to be the biggest Macross party ever.

When you do this custom, are you going to have your 17 transform the same way as the 171? That will be very hard to pull off. But I bet it's going to ROCK! Can't wait to see what you do with this!

And thanks for the heads up with Macross Con. Don't know if it will turn out that we go at the same time, but I am secretly planting hints with the wife to make it work out that way! :) Ha ha!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...