Metal Gear Rex update

KingNor

Here is the rail gun, what i have of it anyway.

when i'm done, i gotta go back over the entire thing with a marker (gray or neutral blue) and cover all the edges that are showing white. in case you can't tell i'm not much of a modeler, but this was the only way i could see getting a metal gear rex figure.

oh well, fun stuff. hope you like the pics.

post-26-1061768111_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good for a paper craft kit. Was there really any official releases for that thing (like toys and such)?

Looks pretty good for a paper craft kit. Was there really any official releases for that thing (like toys and such)?

it was a free hand out at E3, on the card is also the metal gear from the new game, but its too confusing for me.

• 1 year later...

Hello king

How much you want for Metal Gear Ray? Also is there a place to downlad the Metal Gear Rex? Id love to use the paper patterns as templates for sheet plastic ;)

Edited by HWR MKII

Yeah, I wasn't big on the Shagohod in MGS3 either. So far the Rex is the best MG they've designed as far as I'm concerned.

310811[/snapback]

Yeah..except the opening cockpit while it "roars" was kinda dodgy. :lol:

Same goes for Metal Gear Ray.

The original had it's charm... but the one seen in "MG:2 Solid Snake" had too much of an insect look to it for me.

310858[/snapback]

*considers*

Yah, the Mk.2 was a bit too rounded,d espite my naming it of favorite.

But Solid Snake had such an awesome intro sequence(for the time, anyways).

Edited by JB0

The original had it's charm... but the one seen in "MG:2 Solid Snake" had too much of an insect look to it for me.

310858[/snapback]

*considers*

310884[/snapback]

Oh yes :) To this day that is one of my favorite game openings (the tune is kinda cool too)

310858[/snapback]

*considers*

310884[/snapback]

Oh yes :) To this day that is one of my favorite game openings (the tune is kinda cool too)

310965[/snapback]

Yah.

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Pft, who needs sample playback?

I'm very sorry to say that with the onset of 3D platformers (while producing plenty of good games of their own), the concept of a 2D platformer (or 3/4 isometric view) game being good all of a sudden just wasn't it.

I'm so looking forward to the MGS3: Substinance release just BECAUSE it has the original two metal gear games on it (I have the MSX emulated versions, but having them on PS2 will be nice). I hope they are fully restored and untouched (although an option to play with an updated soundtrack might be kinda cool)

here ya go sabretooth

http://www.peterjvisser.demon.nl/links5.html

scroll down to metal gear rex . its a 7 page kit. Now to find the English equivalent of kinkos and see if i can get this made to 2x larger :D:blink: I want it big. Larger size is also easier to detail when i making it out of plastic.

Edited by HWR MKII

I'm very sorry to say that with the onset of 3D platformers (while producing plenty of good games of their own), the concept of a 2D platformer (or 3/4 isometric view) game being good all of a sudden just wasn't it.

Should I point out that the Metal Gear series isn't platformers?

:p

I'm so looking forward to the MGS3: Substinance release just BECAUSE it has the original two metal gear games on it (I have the MSX emulated versions, but having them on PS2 will be nice). I hope they are fully restored and untouched (although an option to play with an updated soundtrack might be kinda cool)

I hadn't heard that. Shows how much attention I pay to gaming news these days.

Yah, I've got both ROM images and BlueMSX. Got a decent gamepad too.

It's just a bit more cumbersome than I'm used to. Having to whack both action buttons at once to crouch, then let go and reach for the keyboard to change items or answer the transciever is annoying.

I could only print one out on 8 1/2 x 11 but it still works. Its my first papercraft kit and i like how it looks. Im going to have one printed out posterboard size to use for practaice on the plastic one im going to make. Metal gear REX kit in the future maybe ;)

Should I point out that the Metal Gear series isn't platformers?

:p

I know they aren't, I was just speaking of those styles in general since they were the popular format of the day. (the original MG series games weren't isometric either, although I wonder what that would've done for the originals if they had been) The overhead format that the MG series utilized early on was pretty effective (and naturally evolved in the later CD/DVD entries)