INCEPTION - July 2010

It is implied, but it's stated that a totem must be yours, your own item. The top was his wife's and it was her idea of using totems. He never said what his totem was, he may just like using it to remember his wife but never once did he say it was his. We never actually learn what his totem is.

Oh, you are certainly right about that, and there is the scene where Cobb explains to Ariadne exactly how the spinning top works as a totem, which would be going against the rules of using it if it is his totem, but then again, as Arthur pointed out, Cobb spends a lot of his time going against the rules he sets out. But it could also be the fact that its not Cobbs totem.

Does anybody else suspect that Ariadne managed to perform inception on Cobb during the film? The way she seems so confident at the end of the film that Cobb will be OK makes me suspect that I am still missing something.

God I love this film, so much to talk about.

Taksraven

I like to think that Nolan wanted the interpretation of this film open to describe your own way of life.

If you believe Cobb sunk deeper in limbo, and found his paradise there, then you're a person living each day further into whatever dream you have, hoping you will ultimately slip into it.

If you believe Cobb returned into reality, and achieved his paradise there, then you're a person that strives achieving those dreams against the odds.

Just my way of seeing this film. Maybe it's just not to have a yes or no ending, or a right or wrong interpretation... just a continuous paradox. :p

I like to think that Nolan wanted the interpretation of this film open to describe your own way of life.

If you believe Cobb sunk deeper in limbo, and found his paradise there, then you're a person living each day further into whatever dream you have, hoping you will ultimately slip into it.

If you believe Cobb returned into reality, and achieved his paradise there, then you're a person that strives achieving those dreams against the odds.

Just my way of seeing this film. Maybe it's just not to have a yes or no ending, or a right or wrong interpretation... just a continuous paradox. :p

I took it to mean that it didn't really matter if he was back to reality.

He's not done, Cobb, there has to be a sequel, so much more that can be done with this!

Ugh, I really hope not. Or, at the very least, Nolan controls everything and does not turn it into The Matrix sequels. I'm still reeling from those.

I doubt a sequel. Not Nolan's style when it comes to his and his brother's original work. Batman being the only exception in his career. But for him the whole story of Batman is one story split into 3 films.

On other related news, Tom Hardy of Inception has been confirmed for a lead role in Batman 3. No other details though.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/10/13/christopher-nolan-sets-tom-hardy-for-major-role-in-batman-3/

• 2 weeks later...

Its hard to say. This movie does seem to polarise people into the like it or hate it crowds, I haven't seen too much middle ground, at least in reviews on the net.

Well, I didn't hate it. I understood pretty well what was going on, but it just didn't get me excited. I don't think it was a ripoff or anything, I left the movie feeling satisfied.

That's pretty much exactly what I felt. It was fun, well made and I enjoyed it, but I didn't really find it mind-blowing or thought-provoking.

• 5 weeks later...

I like how other countries get seemingly unlimited supplies of that exclusive briefcase while the US only got a few thousand that sold out within hours of the release. I would have purchased it in a heartbeat. And no, I won't buy an overseas version.

I really don't understand the marketing tactics of WB. You'd think they would make more money by releasing more special editions.

I like how other countries get seemingly unlimited supplies of that exclusive briefcase while the US only got a few thousand that sold out within hours of the release. I would have purchased it in a heartbeat. And no, I won't buy an overseas version.

Ebay??

I really don't understand the marketing tactics of WB. You'd think they would make more money by releasing more special editions.

you're talking about the company that puts blu-ray format commercials on blu-rays.... just how do they think we're watching them in the first place?

• 1 month later...

Wow that is a shame. I've been watching him since Romeo and Juliet-I thought he did a very good priest.

Annnnnyway, how's that briefcase/Inception deal, 'Task? What did it all come with? I thought "I" was a big Inception fan but you take the cake. I can't stop listening to track 12 from the OST, Zimmer's "Time."

Edited by myk

Annnnnyway, how's that briefcase/Inception deal, 'Task? What did it all come with? I thought "I" was a big Inception fan but you take the cake. I can't stop listening to track 12 from the OST, Zimmer's "Time."

Heh, due to a lack of communication between myself and my wife, I now have TWO copies of this set, one local and one from the UK. AND THEY BOTH HAVE DIFFERENT BLU-RAY SETS AND EXTRA'S IN THEM FFS!!!

The Australian one came with a 4 disk set and a pack of postcards, the UK one came with a 3 disk set and an instruction booklet for passiv system.

Crazy. But I'm going to keep both of them.

Try track 9, Dream within a Dream, it really rocks. Over on the forums at nolanfans.com we are trying to get a petition going to have a complete soundtrack of this film released, and there are even rumours of a Special Edition of the Blu-Ray/DVD on the horizon.

I've had the soundtrack on my playlist for a few months now, and my favs are Dream Is Collapsing, 528491, Dream Within A Dream, and Time. Even if a full soundtrack doesn't come out, they didn't muck it up as bad as Blade Runner has over the last 28 years.

Did each of those sets come with a totem? Willing to, say, sell one? :unsure:

But hopefully if a special edition pans out, it'll include more extras for US fans. We got shafted on that collector's release.

lots of the HMV exclusive edition here in Singapore. unfortunately, they're priced almost double at ~USD75 equivalent. probably why there are still heaps of them left. given the price, i'm having a hard time convincing myself to get one. so i get a top (cool but not exactly a display piece), a briefcase (again cool, but hardly useful. my bladerunner case is just in storage), some artcards (never figured out what to do with those), and an instruction manual (admittedly i'm curious what it contains, anything interesting?). so i guess i'll either wait for the price to come down, or maybe just hold out for the rumored special edition. any news on what that would come with?

Like I wrote in my previous post, the torrent is the only source of the track I know of.

Just google "Mind Heist torrent" and the first hit (from isohunt.com) looks like the same file I have, which should be in 256kbps.

I never found another copy of it in a higher bit-rate, or in a lossless format.

Oh yeah, you're right.

Everytime someone says "Inception's trailer music", I assume they're talking about Mind Heist.

edit: After some googling, I discovered that Two Steps From Hell composed the track you are looking for. Don't know the title of it though.

Two Steps From Hell is a production music company based in Santa Monica, California. Founded by Nick Phoenix and Thomas J. Bergersen, the company produces music for movie trailers.

In particular, the group's music has been used in trailers for such films as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Star Trek, The Dark Knight, 2012, X-Men: The Last Stand, Tron Legacy, Avatar, Prince of Persia, Stardust, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Inception and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader as well as video games such as Mass Effect 2 and the British television show Doctor Who.

Here's a link to a torrent collecting all of their work as of 11/2010:

SNIP!

Maybe you'll find it in there.

Edited by >EXO<

Inception was nominated for a Golden Globe. Fortunately/unfortunately, I only found out through this site.

http://celebs.icanhascheezburger.com/celebrity-pictures-futurama-golden-globe-nominees/

'>

http://celebs.icanhascheezburger.com/celebrity-pictures-futurama-golden-globe-nominees/

Edited by Einherjar

Thanks to the nerds over at nolanfans.com for pointing out that the button on the Pasiv device matches the colour palette for each dream level....

Dooood, that's trippy, lol. Thanks for pointing that out. Any other little tidbits of detail that most of us might've missed?