Robotech Macross Saga Remaster

treatment

The big difference there is that you are talking about a VHS of one epsidoe. A DVD of a movie. When it comes to RT we are talking about a 85 episode series that is close to $200 total in price when factor in shipping and the price is either higher or lower depending where you purchase the DVDs. Not in the same league. As for X-men, LOTR, those were annouced before the normal DVDs were released. You seem to ignoring that fact. People knew about them and had the choice of either waiting and getting the better version or paying the cheaper price for just the movie. Or getting both. HG on the other hand said that there wouldn't be a remaster. They didn't change their story until now. Had they changed it a year ago or when they began this new project things would have been different and you wouldn't here this complaining. "There is a chance we might be able to do it". "Recently........". Then if a year later the remastered appeared the amount of complaining would be a lot less as I've said.

Even after the Legacy sets were being released they said the same thing. No remaster. Now the decision to release something such as this doesn't just happen over night. They had to know long in advance, at least a year maybe longer that they were going to release a remaster. Things such as this have to approved budget wise, especially if they needed to redit the footage, put down the new audio track, put in the spanish dub. And even find these things before hand and then decide if it would actually sell. Then factor in the other projects that HG is actually doing. Do you honest thing this was decided over night or in a few days, then all put to gether right away? Nope. Its not the same as LOTR or other movies that have released better versions on DVDs. Don't even beginning to compare.

I got my DVDs when they were first released, I don't even watch them anymore and they are collecting dust. What I do feel upset about is how ripped off those that recent purchased the DVD were. I know quite a few were asking about remasters when the Legacy boxsets were being released and were told no. And now look here comes a remaster. HG never said maybe, we have to see, but no there wouldn't be one. They might not have know 3 years ago but they would have known if a remaster was possible within the last year and still said nothing.

Edited by Effect

that's all well and good however there are ways in making this a more fan-friendly affair. to use everyone's favourite example of LOTR, the regular edition included a coupon good towards the purchase of the extended edition. surely a similar type of 'rebate' (not the same as a mass trade-in which i think is not a good idea) could be applied in recognition of those fans who supported the project early on - video flaws and all. Say 1 legacy box is worth $10 off the price of both remastered box sets.

Unless i'm mistaken X1 was released August 14, 2001. X1.5 came out February 11, 2003. Not exactly a few months, but still not much better. That is another clear example of double-dipping at its worst. I don't buy the argument 'well other studios do it so why blame us' line. i argue that it is possible for a company (particularly an anime company. i mean come on how much more grass-roots can you get) to work with their fan base and to release the best possible product.

So yes while it's amazing new material was found and that people who supported RT and the Macross releases were able to finance this new endeavour, the way about HG is expecting fans to re-purchase an entire series leaves me with a sour taste. If we agree that the majority of RT sales came from fans of the series, then just who exactly are they targetting with this remaster? i would argue it's those very same fans. do they owe them anything? no of course not however i believe it would be the right thing to do.

what exactly do you mean when you refer to a 'zoomed' image?

and i thought they are using the animeigo remastered footage...no?

When Keith said "zoomed out", he meant that Animeigo used more of the outer edges of the Macross film then did Robotech. Otherwise saying, you literally get more of the picture with the Animeigo Macross DVD's then you did with Robotech.

Yes, as far as we know from pinging of those in the know, the original series footage (no idea on Macross/SC, but yes on Mospeada because that's what I asked about) won't be cropped down to Robotech dimensions, which also offers the benefit of claiming Remastered offers more picture...

Cyc

(wakes up from his corner and steps back into the fray)

Seems to me any company out there will remaster and re-release their stuff over and over and over and over and over again until people stop buying it. The trick is to stop buying it rather than bitching all over it. Face it, suckers are going to buy this thing and purists like us are going to ham all over it. I myself admit to being spooned into buying re-releases of things I've bought before... both on VHS and DVD. Let's see here... how many different copies of Terminator 2 have I owned on VHS and DVD alone... something like 6? And all of those seem to have been released one after the other.

When there is money to be made, companies will attempt to make the money. I'm not siding with HG here as they can go piss up a rope for all I care... I'm just starting to think that some people, who will not even be buying these DVDs anyway, are getting all pissed over nothing special. This is a typical industry move here guys, it's not some giant conspiracy involving a grassy knoll, a crappy italian bolt action and a second shooter. Heck, if I ran HG and owned the rights to Robotech lord knows I'd be raping the fans too... and so would most of you... it's called taking a page out of the George Lucas playbook and cashing in on some filthy lucre while the gettin' is good.

(goes back over into his corner and goes back to sleep)

For those who are interested, there are already several web stores popping up that are selling the first Robotech Remastered boxset for as low as $17.42.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...Type=video_dvd&

The Right Stuf is selling it for under $23.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/ca...tem/61595/4/0/0

If I had bought any of the individual DVD's or boxsets that came out during 2001-2002, I would keep the Extras discs (if I had bought the triple boxsets), sell/trade the TV series DVD's, and then get the remastered sets. It's possible to get the remastered sets without spending too much more money.

But again in my case, I already have the Macross, Mospeada, and Southern Cross DVD sets along with the Robotech Extras discs that have the English pilots for Macross and Mospeada, so I'm already set. B))

Edited by Apollo Leader

Unless i'm mistaken X1 was released August 14, 2001. X1.5 came out February 11, 2003. Not exactly a few months, but still not much better. That is another clear example of double-dipping at its worst. I don't buy the argument 'well other studios do it so why blame us' line. i argue that it is possible for a company (particularly an anime company. i mean come on how much more grass-roots can you get) to work with their fan base and to release the best possible product.

Actually, X-Men came out on DVD, in the US, before Christmas of 2000, so it was 2 and a quarter to two and a half years between the releases.

The only way to get all the scenes uncut and remastered is to buy the original 3 shows. Harmony Gold videos have never been collectors items. Each time they make us believe this is the last release of Robotech ever. It's not too late to stop falling for their lies over and over and over. Is that what you really want to be, Harmony Gold's prison bitch?

edit: On second thought, you better get Legacy before it's gone just in case, starting with the one I currently have up on ebay.

Edited by Legioss

Hmm, taking a look at the picture on rt.com, it looks like both sides are of the same size (i.e. not zoomed out like the AnimEigo remaster).

Now that it's safely ruled out, I again would have to say that they remastered the tape sources. . .

Uh, it looks like there is further information available. . . but I just have to say that basing your conclusion on one image on the RT site is a bit, uh, inconclusive. If you're talking about the image of Milia that is split (that is no longer showing up on the site, btw). . . there is no indication whatsoever that this is an actual representation of the restored image vs the actual image. Rather, it is most likely a simulation.

Indeed, I even have my doubts about the "split" demonstrations they did for the Animeigo DVDs. Are they true side-by-side representations or are they "simulated?"

In any event. . . that promotional shot of Milia's face being split down the middle doesn't indicate squat.

H

A guess made upon the then bare bones information given. No more, no less. BTW, you're like a week behind :)

Actually, X-Men came out on DVD, in the US, before Christmas of 2000, so it was 2 and a quarter to two and a half years between the releases.

It's also been over 2 years since the first 2 Robotech DVD's came out.

Maybe HG will milk the Macross cow one more time and release SDF Macross dubbed. lol They said Macross would never be dubbed but they also said RT would never be remastered...

In the press release: Tony Oliver(Rick Hunter) will do the voice of Hikaru and Reba West as Minmei. lol

Maybe HG will milk the Macross cow one more time and release SDF Macross dubbed.

Sadly, I can see them doing it too. <_<

Announcer: Macross....as you've never seen it before!! In english!!

Comic guru, HG mouthpiece and all around know-it-all Tommy Yune picks up the story....

Well, after we did the Robotech: Remaster collection, the Robotech: THX Remaster collection and the Robotech: Superbit Collection, we started thinking: Wouldn't it be neat to see Macross, but in english? Why not combine the awesome animation of Macross with the vocal talent of Tony Oliver and Reba West? We asked Shin about creating a new audio track with our own cast, and he screamed and told us to "Get bent."

Undeterred, we plowed ahead anyway. We thought that the fans would feel privledged to buy the Robotech saga in yet one more format. Besides, it's easier to regurgitate the existing Robotech saga in format after format than to work on our vaporware Robotech:2004 series....

A guess made upon the then bare bones information given. No more, no less. BTW, you're like a week behind :)

A guess is one thing. Claiming something is "safely ruled out" on the basis of what you now claim is "bare bones information" is another.

My only point was that to make any guesses based on that website news tag image was insane. That image constituted no information, not just "bare bones." The image was tiny, made no claims of actually representing the restored footage, and was only there as an icon tag for the news item.

:) I may have been a week late. . . but that's better than jumping to ludicrous conclusions on what is actually, to a discerning eye, much less than "bare bones information."

Sorry if I'm splitting hairs here and coming off like a jerk (again). But these boards are always just so chock-full of crazy theories, bad logic, and "evidence-that-isn't-evidence", that sometimes I just have to vent. I just wish people would be more careful in making their bold assertions of fact when just a cursory look at the evidence available would render that assertion invalid. . . or at least doubtful.

The arguments made, and facts asserted on these boards would be a lot less aggravating if people would be so kind as to sprinkle a few "maybes" or "in my opinions" in with their bold assertions. For example, how about:

"Well, if the image that forms the 'tag' for the news item is actually representative of the difference between the remastered and original, then we can assume that they did not use the Animeigo footage because the restored side is not 'zoomed out.' However, that's a big 'if.' That image is probably just something somebody Photoshopped to grab the eye. Further, they might have 'un-zoomed' it to make it look more appealing on the website even if it is footage from the Animeigo restoration."

H

Edited by Hurin

Seems to me any company out there will remaster and re-release their stuff over and over and over and over and over again until people stop buying it.

I'm not terribly interested here either (just bored at work). I don't ever planning on buying anything RT ever again now that I'm a Macross guy. But, I think the difference here is that HG came straight out and said, point-blank: "There will be no remastering."

In other words, they essentially said: "This is as good as it will ever look. So you might as well buy now because it won't be getting any better."

That is very different than a studio releasing successive versions of Terminator. Unless, of course, they told you concurrent with every release that "this is the best one we will ever make. After this, it's over."

The only video that has come close to doing that, that I know of, is The Star Wars THX release. But even there they left themselves an out. They used the word "original" and also "video". . . something like "Last Chance to Own the Original Trilogy on Video." So, by using those two words, they left the door open for DVD or even future video releases of the Special Edition (which they already did).

H

I'm not terribly interested here either (just bored at work). I don't ever planning on buying anything RT ever again now that I'm a Macross guy. But, I think the difference here is that HG came straight out and said, point-blank: "There will be no remastering."

This is the point I've been trying to make... ( I admit, that I post on RT.com from time to time )

And this subject caught my attention over there, and I tried to make this exact point. It got to the point where is was almost being flamed for saying what you said above Hurin...

"Where's your proof?" they said... "How is this any different than big movie studios doing the same thing?"

And what you said here explains the difference in one sentence, and I can't understand how come some people don't get that... <_<

I don't even know why I bother with this thread.... but anyways....

Its cool and all to point out how major movie studios pull the same prank on fans as HG is doing now, but.... can anyone tell me the last time a major Hollywood studio said they weren't going to release something, and then end up releasing it anyways a few years later? I don't remember hearing Fox say anything about not releasing a super duper Alien box set a few years after the first one was released. The same thing holds true to just about every movie mentioned.... except for SW... and thats blantant milking the fans money. <_<

HG came out and said they they were not going to release a remastered edition of Robotech, because it was too much of a hassle to re-edit the masters, as they had lost the records that pointed at which time each of the original edits were done. But fine... most ppl can swallow that, right? Wrong. The fact is.... HG is forcing fans to get the new sets, why? Because the original sets were quite possibily the shittiest most shameless DVD releases to date. While Hollywood might pull surprise second editions of their movies.... at least they don't make an ass of an attempt to release them at first, claim they won't improve the movie anymore and improve them anyways a few years later. Can anyone of you see the difference, or am I just too drowsy and speaking nonsense? <_<

And honestly.... if I was a Robotech fan... I would tell HG to shove the new sets where the sun doesn't shiny.... and give us some info on their new show. But honestly.... I rather sit here and watch as RT2k4 gets drowed in the wave of good animes to come out in 2004.

P.S. Its really funny how HG compares themselves to big Hollywood studios.... talk about being pretensious.

P.S.2 Before anyone says anything about blinding bashing..... just remember, blinding bashing goes hand in hand with blind defending. <_<

I know you Robotech fans (you too, BOK) are grieving for Robotech. If you can just move towards the stage of acceptance, that's all I ask.

The old Robotech, made from 3 anime series, is over. You don't have to get rid of all your stuff or stop talking about it. All you have to do is don't buy Robotech DVDs, don't buy Macross Saga comic books, and don't buy Macross Saga toys. Even though it was paid for, the concepts are still ripped off of Studio Nue. Continued support of the old Robotech is not right.

Supporting Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada is still okay. If you still want to be a Robotech fan, from now on the only Robotech you should be supporting with your cash is the new series because it's original. This was not an easy conclusion for me to arrive at. It's the culmination of all the crap I've taken from and for Harmony Gold over the years. I'm still going through the painful process of stepping back from Robotech. You don't want to be caring about Robotech when they destroy it.

Edited by Legioss

"Well, if the image that forms the 'tag' for the news item is actually representative of the difference between the remastered and original, then we can assume that they did not use the Animeigo footage because the restored side is not 'zoomed out.' However, that's a big 'if.' That image is probably just something somebody Photoshopped to grab the eye. Further, they might have 'un-zoomed' it to make it look more appealing on the website even if it is footage from the Animeigo restoration."

H

Yadda yadda yadda, HG also said they'd never do a remaster, etc etc etc. That was the first shot released, and a perfectly viable one to base an early assumption on. End of story.

LOL. Okay bud. Sure. The point is that it obviously was not and actual shot from the remastered video. . . and the site made no claim that it was.

It's quite funny that you made a bad assumption and jumped to conclusions, and have been proven incorrect. . . oh, but you didn't make any mistakes.

You said that it was a shot of the actual remastered footage (wrong). You said that it wasn't zoomed out, so it couldn't be Animeigo (again, wrong).

Assumption? To say something is "safely ruled out" is to assert a conclusion unequivocally. To say something unequivocally with such limited, questionable, and inconclusive evidence is almost always a bad idea. When the unequivocally asserted conclusion is later proven wrong, it's never pretty.

Sheesh. . .

H

Edited by Hurin

I had put my heart into my love of Robotech. It took me so long to realize it wasn't back because I had to see all the evidence of this new Harmony Gold's evil with my own eyes. Please don't think I'm stupid for being so rabid about it and taking so long to realize this. My Harmony Gold and my Robotech are not this Robotech.com crap. Robotech sparked my imagination over the past 16 years since I first saw it. I was seeing a vast, exciting, universe in Robotech that was just like anime and didn't have to ripoff those 3 shows anymore. I thought Harmony Gold shared my passion for it.

I'm so embarrased of the Robotech products in comparison to the quality of the Japanese products. The website is so unprofessional. Harmony Gold makes an effort to make Robotech look even more like a bootleg. They rely completely on second hand information about the shows. Tatsunoko sends them no official information or materials if they even have or if Harmony Gold even asked for it.

Why is the Infopedia still uncomplete and copied out of Robotech Art 3? Why should we care about this Jack Archer assclown and his ugly animation mistake ripped straight out of Macross, when they haven't even released any enemy mecha yet? I want a new CD! The soundtrack CDs are the best thing about Robotech of all time. The artists have said they would like to make new music and Harmony Gold bastards say no.

Why all the secrecy about the new products when they should be promoting them while they're still behind the scenes? Lucasfilm makes money off selling behind the scenes looks at the new Star Wars. The only thing Harmony Gold has learned from Lucasfilm is the special edition. They'll release important information about their products in the forum or in the chat, but not announce it on the front page, and then you have to go digging with their useless search. The TOS are totally unreasonable. They consider the creators of Macross to be their competitors and you can't even say "Yamato 1/48". Harmony Gold lures us in with low prices and munipulation of our nostalgia. They're also rude if they suspect you aren't kissing their asses.

edit: A good alternative to Robotech.com is the board we all posted at, even the HG people, before Robotech.com:

RDF-HQ

Harmony Gold staff hasn't posted in years and they have never controlled the board. You can have intelligent conversations there because it belongs to the old fans.

Edited by Legioss

LOL. Okay bud. Sure. The point is that it obviously was not and actual shot from the remastered video. . . and the site made no claim that it was.

It's quite funny that you made a bad assumption and jumped to conclusions, and have been proven incorrect. . . oh, but you didn't make any mistakes.

You said that it was a shot of the actual remastered footage (wrong). You said that it wasn't zoomed out, so it couldn't be Animeigo (again, wrong).

Assumption? To say something is "safely ruled out" is to assert a conclusion unequivocally. To say something unequivocally with such limited, questionable, and inconclusive evidence is almost always a bad idea. When the unequivocally asserted conclusion is later proven wrong, it's never pretty.

Sheesh. . .

H

"Except," that previously, each & every other "release into pick used a direct comparison that showed the difference in "mastering" size. See:

-AnimEigo's Macross

-ADV's Mospeada

-ADV's Southern Cross

The fact that they didn't use the differing sized comparision pic's for Robotech (despite showing video quality differences) hinted at a potential direct re-master from the bad VHS quality tapes they'd been using.

Argue argue argue, bitch bitch bitch, end of story.

Like I said, HG & ADV had previously "factually" stated that such a remaster wasn't possible, and despite having it in the works for almost a year, decided to wait for a few more sales to unleash the news upon the public. Apparently "crap happens" when new information becomes available doesn't it?

LOL. Dude, you are too funny.

I have seen all the before and after shots for each remastered release. Those images were always on a specific website detailing the restoration process and were explicitly described as "before-and-after" shots. What you seem to refuse to acknowledge is that this image was not one of those. This was an attention-grabber that was (in my opinion) obviously touched up and not truly a "side-by-side" demonstration of the restored footage.

Just for fun. . . go to the RT site right now. There you will see a news entry for the Southern Cross remastered DVDs. Beside the news entry is tiny image. Here it is:

sc.gif

Do you think that image is indicative of what we'll see on the Southern Cross Remastered DVDs? Of course not.

Geez, someone took a shot of Milia, drew a line through it, and brightened up half of it in Photoshop. They didn't say this was a demonstration. It just said: Robotech Remastered.

I just don't see how anyone could look at that Milia image and think: "Hey, that's indicative of something. . . and now I can safely rule out x. . ." Obviously, you have a lower standard for proof and evidence. And, obviously, you don't think that being demonstrably wrong should make you re-evaluate your reasoning and/or evidence.

Just the idea that HG would go through the expensive process of remastering Macross themselves after Animeigo had already done so should have struck you as so implausible that it would make you think twice before jumping to conclusions based on one tiny image used as an attention-grabber for a news item.

Argue argue argue, bitch bitch bitch, end of story.

It takes two buddy. :)

I seem to recall you arguing (or at least just asserting that certain conclusions are "fact") vehemently in the Macross 7 thread. And in the Macross Plus Ending thread. So, uh. . . those in glass houses. . .

Either way, I'm done. I'm just tired of seeing so many people jumping to simplistic, ill-informed conclusions, and then boldy asserting them as irrefutable fact. It happens all the time in the Toys forum. . . and it gets old quickly. But then again. . . so does this petty bitching. Which is why I'm done.

H

HG came out and said they they were not going to release a remastered edition of Robotech, because it was too much of a hassle to re-edit the masters, as they had lost the records that pointed at which time each of the original edits were done. But fine... most ppl can swallow that, right? Wrong. The fact is.... HG is forcing fans to get the new sets, why? Because the original sets were quite possibily the shittiest most shameless DVD releases to date. While Hollywood might pull surprise second editions of their movies.... at least they don't make an ass of an attempt to release them at first, claim they won't improve the movie anymore and improve them anyways a few years later. Can anyone of you see the difference, or am I just too drowsy and speaking nonsense? <_<

Well I like to see that quote...People are runnig around saying that is what HG said but have yet to offer any proof. We've been hearing this for over week now yet no one can find the statment...Hmmmmm

No one at HG is forcing you or me to buy this.

Bankofkev.

I'm so embarrased of the Robotech products in comparison to the quality of the Japanese products

Which HG has tried to bring over (Macross 7 Trash) but Big West stopped them.

The website is so unprofessional. Harmony Gold makes an effort to make Robotech look even more like a bootleg

Now I'm interested. Exactly how does RT.com make robotech look like a bootleg?

They rely completely on second hand information about the shows. Tatsunoko sends them no official information or materials if they even have or if Harmony Gold even asked for it

Really? What second hand info are you referring to?

Also what proof do you have that "Tatsunoko sends them no official information or materials if they even have or if Harmony Gold even asked for it."

Why is the Infopedia still uncomplete and copied out of Robotech Art 3?

Robotech Art 3 deals with the Sentinels there is very little if any Sentinels info on the infopeida....I'll assume your grief caused you to do a typo....(I'm just a bad typist...)

Why should we care about this Jack Archer assclown and his ugly animation mistake ripped straight out of Macross,

Which was apporved for air by SK himself....Oh yeah Hg gets slammed for not releasing any new merchandise but when they do something new its bad...You cant have it both ways....

when they haven't even released any enemy mecha yet?

They are on the way.....From Valkyrie exhange.com....

Macross Saga Destroids and Enemy Mecha

Toynami will be releasing Destroids and Zentradi enemy mecha using the existing molds that were also used by Matchbox and Playmates Robotech and Exosquad line, respectively. These figures stand about 5 inches in height and are made of ABS plastic. No changes are planned for these molds; however, Toynami plans to improve the paint job for its' versions of these figures. The company also has access to the Robotech action figures molds but indicated that if it decided to produce action figures, the designs would be brand new. MSRP prices are to be announced at a later date.

I want a new CD! The soundtrack CDs are the best thing about Robotech of all time.

Well the most complete robotech music CD is availble you can find it here....

http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=16

Its got 99% of the robotech music on it....As to your your next Statement...

The artists have said they would like to make new music and Harmony Gold bastards say no.

REALLY? I was at the Shrine 2002 where michael Bradley preformed. Yes he did say he would like to go back and re-do some songs...However he did not say that HG was stopping him.

Legioss you better produce a quote on this one....

Tell me which HG "bastard" said no.

Why all the secrecy about the new products when they should be promoting them while they're still behind the scenes? Lucasfilm makes money off selling behind the scenes looks at the new Star Wars.

Yeah you got to buy TPM for $29.99 just to see a few minutes on rough footage....

So Lucasfilm is smart promoters for doing this yet when HG tries something similar they get reamed a new one....

Often Lucas just realaes a few photo's (often altered) out of contex... over a few months. He realses very little often the offical info you see on movie news websites are unauthorized realses and get a call from lucasfilm legal....

Its standard in development to give out little or nothing about a upcomming show.

The only thing Harmony Gold has learned from Lucasfilm is the special edition. They'll release important information about their products in the forum or in the chat, but not announce it on the front page, and then you have to go digging with their useless search.

Once again I'd like to know which products you are refering to....

Tokyopop deal was on the front page. YF-1R is on the front page. Robotech Comics have been on the front page. VT Armor on the front page. Alpha SP' on the front page. MPC bookends on the front page....Tell me what has been only talked about in the fourms...

The TOS are totally unreasonable.

Dont you mean the TOU. I'll just chalk it up to your grief ouver the death of Robotech....

They consider the creators of Macross to be their competitors...

Once again I'd like to see where Steve,Tom and Tommy said anything like this? Defended your legal rights is not competition...Its just good business sense.

...and you can't even say "Yamato 1/48".

What you cant is promote other product. Let me ask you this Legioss: At your place of emplyment, do you promote your other companies products with no benifit to you?

Harmony Gold lures us in with low prices and munipulation of our nostalgia. They're also rude if they suspect you aren't kissing their asses.

Once again I'd like to see some proof of this.

edit: A good alternative to Robotech.com is the board we all posted at, even the HG people, before Robotech.com:

RDF-HQ

Harmony Gold staff hasn't posted in years and they have never controlled the board. You can have intelligent conversations there because it belongs to the old fans.

Yeah its not a corporte site. Intellegent converstions happen at RT.com maybe you have to actully go there and participate in them. Hg staff is more open and communitive than most compaines. (anime Expo 2002,2003 and SDCC 2003 comes to mind)

Legioss you made lots of allegations but very facts to back them up....

Bankofkev

EDIT: For formatting....Do'H!

Edited by BankofKev.

Harmony Gold was NOT trying to bring over Macross 7 Trash. Tokyopop was, with HG then saying they were cooperating with TP. The quote is in the license thread. Even went as far as to make an article on it with a logo image of SDF Macross as if they were trying to say it was a sequel to SDF Macross instead of Macross 7. At least thats how it appeared. If they weren't trying that then they should have used the Macross 7 logo. There are plenty images of it out there, even on Big West's own site. Tell me why didn't do that if they believe they had the rights to it. I don't think TP even had information on HG on their site. Yet HG seem to make it appear they had a bigger hand in things then were true. We don't know the deal behind HG and TP's deal but I will tell you this. They had no idea of why the manga was pulled cause when people found out that all the information on the site was pulled, Steve Yun in the RT.com chat had no clue as to what was happening and it took him sometime to respond back and even then he didn't give a clear answer. Don't try to make it sound like they have been bending over backwards to push Macross. We wouldn't even have

Yes, I meant Robotech Art 1. It was a typo. TOS means terms of service, same difference. Matchbox molds suck. I have Perfect Collection and 3 copies of Robotech Perfect Soundtrack album, 2 of which I preordered at Carl Macek's dealers room table at Robocon 10. I have seen the recent thread on Robotech.com where Tom says he now wants to make a new soundtrack, and BTW talks trash about Macek. Like the reissued Matchbox molds it's still vaporware and he didn't say anything about Michael Bradley or Arlon Ober. You haven't seen anything I'm talking about because you haven't been around.

Never mind. I'm done with this whole topic.

Edited by Legioss