Yamato'd for the first time 1/48 Scale VF-1J Hikkie

Loop

So, I decided to take one of the 2 1/48 valks that I own out of the package and transform it to gerwalk mode.

I decided to transform my VF-1J hikaru because I have the armor parts for and though it would look sweet on display.

The part that broke is the grey geared part that allow the legs to swing forward. All I did was extend the leg forward and a tiny little piece of the gear broke

and now I cannot keep it in gerwalk mode without it wanting to do a nose dive on the table. mad.gif

I cant find the tooth that fell off. wacko.gif

Is this a common problem on the 1/48th scale Valkyries?

I also have a brand new 1/48th scale Stealth edition and the fast packs, but am scared to touch it and am leaving it the box ph34r.gif

This really angers me.

Does anyone make recasts of this part? Or does anyone have a spare 1/48 valk that they scavenge parts off of?

Edited by Loop

do you mean the ratchet joint in the leg right behind the intake? If so I've never heard of that happening before.

do you have picks of what's wrong?

It looks like whatever stops the leg from coming all the way off was broken(where it looks white).

It seemed really brittle.

Here is a pic, sorry for the size as I am clueless on how to reduce it to a thumbnail. :unsure:

img_1409_n4tkp7ti.jpg

Edited by Loop

you probably have strong arm, but I have never heard that happen before on this forum.

Honestly, I was very gentle.

The left leg is fine, I can pull it back and forth and it holds.

When I rotate that section of the leg I am very careful and do it one click at a time and hold both sections at the same time.

It just seemed really brittle..... during the motion it just kind of fell off and did not take any kind of force to make it fall off.

If you look at the break it is raised a bit almost like there could have been an air bubble.

All of my 1/60 VF-1's are fine(6) and have held up greatly, I pose the legs all the time on those.

I found the peg and attempted to super glue it back, but hopefully I can find a replacement for it.

Edited by Loop

Honestly, I was very gentle.

The left leg is fine, I can pull it back and forth and it holds.

When I rotate that section of the leg I am very careful and do it one click at a time and hold both sections at the same time.

It just seemed really brittle..... during the motion it just kind of fell off and did not take any kind of force to make it fall off.

If you look at the break it is raised a bit almost like there could have been an air bubble.

All of my 1/60 VF-1's are fine(6) and have held up greatly, I pose the legs all the time on those.

I found the peg and attempted to super glue it back, but hopefully I can find a replacement for it.

Yeah, that really sucks, man. The 1/48's are really sturdy AFAIK. I did receive a broken one from a seller on eBay before, and he took it back and gave me a refund. I own quite a few and have never broken anything on one. Now, the new 1/60 is a different story. The shoulder hinges will break in the box without being touched on the ones with the stupid knurled pins!

Loop,

I had the same thing happen to one of my 1/48 valkyries. I just fixed it using some super glue and never posted anything.

It's just a small nub, and looking at the picture the mold looks to be pretty worn out.

You're correct that the plastic can become brittle.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Yeah, that really sucks, man. The 1/48's are really sturdy AFAIK. I did receive a broken one from a seller on eBay before, and he took it back and gave me a refund. I own quite a few and have never broken anything on one. Now, the new 1/60 is a different story. The shoulder hinges will break in the box without being touched on the ones with the stupid knurled pins!

3 out of 6 of my VF-1's have knurled pins including my VT-1 :angry:

Again, sorry for the large pic as I don't know how to reduce the image to a thumbnail :ph34r:

I was looking at a replacement part chart and could not find the part that broke.....

Would I be looking at replacing the whole R-L2 part?

VF-1S.jpg

Loop,

I had the same thing happen to one of my 1/48 valkyries. I just fixed it using some super glue and never posted anything.

It's just a small nub, and looking at the picture the mold looks to be pretty worn out.

You're correct that the plastic can become brittle.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

I noticed the molding work looked really bad also, the part is not smooth at all like my other valks.

A lot of raised up edges and seam lines.

Dag. So many unlucky people...

I wonder - are Japanese forums also full of this many unlucky people?

I had the 1/48 Hikaru 1J and it was extremely sturdy - like all the 1/48s.

The only down side was aesthetic - the chicken hands and the nose was too long. I prefer the look of the 1/60 version 2.0 - which I now have - and it's yummy.

But all of the 1/48s I had were superb.

Pete

I also like the 1/60 v2's, which is the bulk of my collection.

I just could not resist the 1/48's though and ended up buying a 1/48 VF-1J stealth and fast packs.

And then I decided I wanted a set of the 1/48 anime colored GBP armor and Hikkie 1J

The Stealth is still in the box I'm kinda scared to open that one up for now....

Edited by Loop

Update! .

So I decided to open my 1/48 VF-1J Stealth to take a look at the gear.

The mold looked very nice and smooth unlike the VF-1J.

I think the reason for breakage was due to the mold being really bad or overused.

Here is a pic of the gears I got on the Stealth.

img_1440_atidahk1.jpg

The Stealth is a beauty! I have a couple. No problems whatsoever. The armor looks cool on just about any 1/48.

Yeah I am enjoying the Stealth with the Stealth Super & Strike Parts.

The Armor is for the VF-1J Hikaru. I contacted the vendor and they have a spare that they are sending to me ^_^