X-Men: First Class - The next in the film series?

taksraven

I been waiting s forever for a X-Men movie featuring the original five X-Men (Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel, and Iceman) but with the movie continuity Angel and Iceman are much younger than the other three and came along later. They could go the route Wolverine and the X-Men did with having Iceman still be with the original team but be much younger. They might have to replace Angel with Calvin Rankin aka the Mimic. Younger versions of Emma Frost and Storm would be interesting as original team members but I hope Havok and Polaris make it into the movies. I love the Chris Claremont and Dave Cockrum/John Byrne run (that run introduced me to the X-Men) but the Roy Thomas and Neal Adams was just as good with Neal probably being a better artist than both Byrne and Cockrum. It's funny, that one time X-Men wasn't the powerhouse comic that it is now and was in danger of cancellation. Until the Thomas and Adams team took over with stories featuring the death of Professor X and X-Men battling Magneto's Mutates in the Savage Land. Also elements from the silver age like Morph (loosely adapted from the X-Man Changeling) and the appearances of Ka-Zar and the Savage Land made it to Fox Kids' X-Men series. Well Marvel cancelled the book anyway but found out later that the book did increase in sales. That's when Marvel hired Len Wein and Dave Cockrum to create the new X-Men featuring Banshee, Sunfire (both hold outs from the silver age), Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, and Thunderbird.

I've got some vague hopes for this one. Much as I like Hugh's Logan portrayal, I'd love to see the rest of the team get some decent screen time. X3 left me flat, especially seeing my favourite X-man (Cyclops) get an off-screen death. On the flip side, there've only been a few writers in the comics that did Scott justice. Hopefully the screenwriter will take a page from them.

great news! I loved all 4 of the x-men movies. Yes, including wolverine.

double face palm

another x-men movie but with tween bleh

hollywood is stock full of monkeys running on week old banana fumes

cant hollywood make something decent. Wolverine was so bad if you turned off the video feed and only had

the audio going all you would hear is

arrrrrrr arrrrrr rhugh arrrrrrr rggrrrrr grrrraarrrr hugh arrrrrr ggrrrrrrrr

you killed her grrrrrrr arrrrrrrr striker grrrrrrr arrrrrrrrr aaahhhhhh soooo grrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr bub grrrrr

CRAAAAAPTISTIC

the only good x men movie was the first one and the second to a slight point anything after that should have stayed DEAD

It boggles the mind they could not do a wolverine in madripoor as a bar room brawler and bouncer

double face palm

another x-men movie but with tween bleh

hollywood is stock full of monkeys running on week old banana fumes

cant hollywood make something decent. Wolverine was so bad if you turned off the video feed and only had

the audio going all you would hear is

arrrrrrr arrrrrr rhugh arrrrrrr rggrrrrr grrrraarrrr hugh arrrrrr ggrrrrrrrr

you killed her grrrrrrr arrrrrrrr striker grrrrrrr arrrrrrrrr aaahhhhhh soooo grrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr bub grrrrr

CRAAAAAPTISTIC

the only good x men movie was the first one and the second to a slight point anything after that should have stayed DEAD

It boggles the mind they could not do a wolverine in madripoor as a bar room brawler and bouncer

Thats what people said about the first movie too. Tweens see more movies.

Hopefully we're talking more "teen" than "tween".

The other X-Men movies have all featured teens too, mixed with the older teachers. Now that the teachers are the students, who taught them? Just Prof X? Could we see other classic characters who have yet to be featured appearing as older mentors?

I wouldn't mind seeing a clash between Prof's class while at the same time there's Magneto trying to do the same thing with his fledgling Brotherhood. Both the "First Class" comics and the "X-Men Evolutions" series had some neat moments where the younger members of the opposing teams found themselves bonding when outside the influence of their iconic leaders.

Don't know if any writers would bother to capitalize on any of that, but it could provide some great character moments.

Well, it was always a mix of both older and younger teens. Bobby was always younger and later on characters like shadowcat and jubilee were younger teens as well. Even in current x-men books there's always a younger junior member like Armor in Astonishing X-men.

Sure, but any origin story or reboot is going to have them as teens. I mean, their cover is a boarding school for gifted children.

Honestly, it's like complaining that the Cars movie featured cars.

Yeah, but what about dog films where the dog dies like Turner and Hooch??

Taksraven