Just Started Watching Macross 7 With the GF

lebhead

I dunno Agent ONE, you seem pretty fixated on this whole gay thing...  and there is that "friendly" picture from the "What we look like thread"...

:lol:

Why are you beating around the bush... Just ASK if you want to feel my muscles. :lol:

M7 isn't necessarily as gay as it is lame and sad... also a pedophile show as it attracts its sick audience with panty shots of a 14 year old girl.

YOU WILL LSITEN TO BASARA'S SONG!

The music of M7 was kinda catchy, (thought Planet Dance sucks the cum out of a dead hooker's ass) ... reminded me of any foreign boy band... like a Japanese New Kids on the Block.

Keith, I find it funny that you rip on many US things like Aron Spelling stuff and sitcoms... I feel that FireBomber music is the same thing... Just stuff that was invented by some marketing group somewhere designed to sell stuff. :rolleyes:

I dunno Agent ONE, you seem pretty fixated on this whole gay thing...  and there is that "friendly" picture from the "What we look like thread"...

:lol:

Why are you beating around the bush... Just ASK if you want to feel my muscles. :lol:

M7 isn't necessarily as gay as it is lame and sad... also a pedophile show as it attracts its sick audience with panty shots of a 14 year old girl.

YOU WILL LSITEN TO BASARA'S SONG!

why is that his catch-phrase every time someone makes fun of M7?

I've been wondering if there might be a correlation between liking/hating M7 and liking/hating other anime. For example, even though I wasn't crazy about the initial eps., I could at least tolerate them. Now, could that be related to the fact that I do like Sailor Moon, Kimagure Orange Road, Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Dirty Pair (the little that I've seen), and I think Ah My Goddess and Tenchi Muyo are at least "okay"? All are kinda silly and many of them are character-oriented school comedies.

I like a lot of other stuff, but of the lot, those anime seem like they might be the best indicators of whether you'll like M7 or not.

It is possible... Those other shows you mentioned I don't like at all... They are all kiddie and lame... They give anime a bad name when they come to the US in my opinion.

I think he is right on the money. I have always thought that M7 was,well not really part of that genre, but kind of a bridge so to speak. I think that is one of the reasons I prefer it to SDFMac. I seems to be a more well-rounded series (IMHO - flame away :p ) than SDFMac in that it had it's dramtic moments but also seems to focus more on entertainment. I like anime of all kinds, but you can't help but like best what you like best :rolleyes:

panty shots of a 14 year old girl.

You keep talking as if that's a BAD thing :blink:

If they had at least made her older it wouldn't be so bad, but we are talking about dolling up a little kid and throwing panty shots in our faces.

I'd say Fire Bomber/Humming Bird has much closer ties to 80's rock than to New Kids on the Block, or any other boy band for that matter. From what I understand, Humming Bird was an independant band that did mainly folk rock music until they got the gig to do Fire Bomber's music.

I like Planet Dance, not the best Fire Bomber has to offer, but not a bad song. I think the main problem is that it's so over played in the series. It's the one song practically guaranteed to play once in every single episode.

I'll agree the show has far too much fan service. I don't neccessarily think it's sick and wrong (Even in America, girls used to get married and have kids around that age. Morals, being completely illusory, change with the times.) so much as it's not my cup of tea.

Still, I think the character developement (the show is heavily dependant on character and relationship developement, so if you like that kind of show then you'll probably like Macross 7) and overal story offer more than enough to keep the show more interesting than a lot of other shows out there. The show has a very strong message, and the vocal split in opinions about the show, and the slow change in those opinions over time, demonstrates just how well thought out the character developement in the show actually is. I just took an entire paragraph to say what Keith said several posts up in six words.

Actually, after reviewing the first some episodes, I decided that Planet Dance wasn't really played that often.  Does that mean it wasn't, or that I'm just used to it?

Planet Dance was *very* heavily featured in the first dozen or so episodes, but after that it's rarely the 'main' song of an episode.

If you include all versions of it, normal, duets, no singing versions ( background music) it's present about 33 out of 49 episodes.

I'll agree the show has far too much fan service. I don't neccessarily think it's sick and wrong (Even in America, girls used to get married and have kids around that age. Morals, being completely illusory, change with the times.) so much as it's not my cup of tea.

Eh? It barely has any. The worst example would be the gratuitous and completely unneccesary Mylene subplot in Dynamite 7.

Edited by Panon

True, compared to anime in general, Macross 7 isn't fan-service intensive at all, but as far as only Macross goes, there seems to be more in 7 than anything other than Macross II (where ALL of the emulators wore nothing but revealing skintight outfits that only, and just barely, covered the unmentionables). Even so, Macross 7 doesn't have all that much fan service, but when it does have some, it's blatant.

Psst, all music produced for any series is designed to both interest you in the series, and the music. Considering that Nue & Big West went the "let's find an actual band route" proves how much dedication they had to the show. Personally, I'd have been pissed off if they didn't release soundtrack albums, I absolutely love Fire Bomber, and it's sad Humming Bird isn't releasing anything new anymore. When all is said & done, M7 wouldn't have worked without a real band doing 3 albums worth of material.

As for the fanservice, what the hell are you guys talking about? There's "ALWAYS" been fanservice in Macross. From Roy checkingout Minmay's ass in the very first episode, to Max checking out Milia's tits. And that's without mentioning either shower scene (TV series or movie). "Plus" (not pun intended) there was Sharon Apple, who is 100% fanservice (and more power to her). Lucy in the MPlus Movie Ed, and now Sara in Zero. Macross is all about fanservice, 7 having no more than any previous or subsequent series.

Remember, Kawarmori & Mikimoto were big Gundam & Yamato fans, both of which have their share of fanservice too. Do you recall Analyzer constantly pulling up Yuki's skirt? Amuro catching Mirai coming out of the Shower?

"shut up bitch, and get me some potato chips."

single huh? lol

The aftermath of this topic header

Just started watching M7 with my GF and now I'm

A) single

B) sleeping on the couch

C) divorced

D) out of the closet

its official, Im not watching it. Its got me scared

And BTW, my fincee thinks Im a dork for having the toys models and watching cartoons, she wants one of my 1/48 yamatos (no way jose) and she gets me potatoe chips without me having to call her a bitch,,,OH, and if lifetime is on the big TV she knows we wont have a tv anymore, I can sit through the lovestories on TBS, but I just cant handle lifetime

single huh? lol

A) single

B) sleeping on the couch

C) divorced

D) out of the closet

And BTW, my fincee thinks Im a dork for having the toys models and watching cartoons, she wants one of my 1/48 yamatos (no way jose) and she gets me potatoe chips without me having to call her a bitch,,,OH, and if lifetime is on the big TV she knows we wont have a tv anymore, I can sit through the lovestories on TBS, but I just cant handle lifetime

Stop being a baby, watch it damnit!

single huh? lol

A) single

B) sleeping on the couch

C) divorced

D) out of the closet

Stop being a baby, watch it damnit!

shut up bitch, and get me some potato chips. :lol: