Frontiers Theatrical Trailer for America.

ptm2020

Well done... in the beginning I was expecting a BSG type tempo change to the music (slow stuff in the intro and then a "huh!" followed by fast paced music with lots of action shots). I think that would have worked also but this worked out fine on its own.

so who's with me in a plot to take down harmony gold?

It will be messy. but we can always blame it on dougbendo.

Or Stosh. Everyone can blame Stosh.

Their Veritechs will be no match for our Valkyries!

Well done... in the beginning I was expecting a BSG type tempo change to the music (slow stuff in the intro and then a "huh!" followed by fast paced music with lots of action shots). I think that would have worked also but this worked out fine on its own.

You see, I almost expected it to do that, too.

I think that technique would have worked better with this trailer. The use of Infinity would have achieved the desired effect....

Taksraven

I think the BSG musical technique would suggest a different emotion, and would highlight the action. The musical choice here puts me more in mind of... bare with me here... the Pearl Harbor teaser (and then also trailer). Yes, we all know that movie was a catastrophe, one of the worst and most offensive I'd seen up to that point. BUT, the trailer was somewhat phenomenal. Though there was intense action, it had a slow, melodic musical choice, which made the action feel more tragic and desperate. Though, in those cases, there was a build of intensity, without building tempo. Also, the third trailer for the new Star Trek had a similar feel.

Frankly, I like the juxtaposition of the music to the action. But, I'd love to see a trailer with more traditional action music, too.

you mean something like
or
?

No, not really.

I meant the technique. Taking this video's content and combining it with the style of music used in BSG. Take it from soft and peaceful in the beginning to fast and suspenseful towards the end, to reflect the level of action between them.

Almost like the trailer for Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. It starts out with the beginning of "The Unsung War" as the background, and transitions the action to match the song. Then, the music stops completely for a line of dialogue, followed by a more actiony sequence highlighted by "First Flight". Finally, the story of Razgriz is told by Genette with "Blurry" playing in the background and peaceful bits of game cutscenes show.

It's all about musical transition. This video, actually, shows a form of this. While it only uses one song, it uses the song's emotion in different ways as it progresses. It goes from soft, peaceful, and wordless with the like scenes, and then it moves to the lyrics and the action steps up, following the words. It adds a helpless feeling to the viewer's experience, since the use of such a soft song with such action brings to mind tragedy. Tragic, because there is no fighting spirit, a state of mind that comes from victory.

Back to my request for permission, can I? I did some contemplating, and a few songs seemed to match up with the parts of the trailer, respectively.

No, not really.

I meant the technique. Taking this video's content and combining it with the style of music used in BSG. Take it from soft and peaceful in the beginning to fast and suspenseful towards the end, to reflect the level of action between them.

Almost like the trailer for Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. It starts out with the beginning of "The Unsung War" as the background, and transitions the action to match the song. Then, the music stops completely for a line of dialogue, followed by a more actiony sequence highlighted by "First Flight". Finally, the story of Razgriz is told by Genette with "Blurry" playing in the background and peaceful bits of game cutscenes show.

It's all about musical transition. This video, actually, shows a form of this. While it only uses one song, it uses the song's emotion in different ways as it progresses. It goes from soft, peaceful, and wordless with the like scenes, and then it moves to the lyrics and the action steps up, following the words. It adds a helpless feeling to the viewer's experience, since the use of such a soft song with such action brings to mind tragedy. Tragic, because there is no fighting spirit, a state of mind that comes from victory.

gotcha. thing is you can easily frak it up by using the wrong songs.

hint: do not use any song that was used in a P.O.S. Naruto/ DBZ AMV.

Or input the Konami code.

EDIT:

Got a link to the trailer your talking about?

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Ptm, would you mind if I used the video in your trailer to demonstrate how it would be with the soft-to-fast BSG musical technique?

Not sure what BSG means but I think it's the style the Antfarm guys do.

I'm actually in the process of making one like that with Translucent, so uhm..... yeah ;)

but it's a free country, so if you're dying to make it I won't complain or anything.

Edited by ptm2020

PTM, BSG style is referring to the Battlestar Galactica music that was referenced in some earlier Youtube links. Starts slow then picks up in a big way.

oh ok, thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Butcher shop did that one, Its the traditional Antfarm style though.

I've done too many of those and am kinda experimenting back to a simpler method with an idea that just leaves a viewer tapped into 1 very deep feeling and leaving an impression and a date lingering effect thingy as opposed to running the rollercoaster gamot. Basically what a commercial is supposed to do but stretching it over 2 minutes.

This is the first in a line of several that I'm doing, the next one is a little more traditional but with a twist. ; )

Edited by ptm2020

Not sure what BSG means but I think it's the style the Antfarm guys do.

I'm actually in the process of making one like that with Translucent, so uhm..... yeah ;)

but it's a free country, so if you're dying to make it I won't complain or anything.

"Life... Is short....

Love... Is forever..." :lol:

10 points to the person who can tell me what movie trailer that's from.

Cool. Now, I only wish I had an MP3 of your voice over to add to the mix I'm making in Audacity to add to the video... And that the stupid MP4 I downloaded it as didn't have such horrible JPEG artefacts... ^_^

I'll consider it a quickie. Then, I won't be so bothered with myself about quality.

"Life... Is short....

Love... Is forever..." :lol:

10 points to the person who can tell me what movie trailer that's from.

Cool. Now, I only wish I had an MP3 of your voice over to add to the mix I'm making in Audacity to add to the video... And that the stupid MP4 I downloaded it as didn't have such horrible JPEG artefacts... ^_^

I'll consider it a quickie. Then, I won't be so bothered with myself about quality.

Clockwork Orange?

can you seperate the BGM from his voice?

Simply put you cant break the sound down/ up into individual layers.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Clockwork Orange?

can you seperate the BGM from his voice?

Simply put you cant break the sound down/ up into individual layers.

Nope

Can't

Not that simple.

The sound is all compiled into a single track, and it's merged with video. Splitting the video and audio aren't that hard, but it would be nigh impossible to split the compiled audio track right. At least, wit the resources I have.

I'm making some progress, either way. It's much harder to fit music to video than it is vice-versa. I'm also thinking I may just laze out and use the originial video's audio until Quarter passes, and fade out for a second and a half of silence, a drumbeat, and start the action.

In other words, I'm having a bitch time fitting Alto's theme properly to the video.

All things considered, the redux is done.

It's not GREAT, but it gets the point across.

Unfortunately, a codec I have is interfering with Movie Maker compiling the video.

And, yes, I did laze out and use the audio for the first part. I used the drumbeat+fighter pass sound from the Ace Combat 6 trailer, and filled the rest with "The Liberation of Gracemeria". If only I knew what was causing the damned problem.

All things considered, the redux is done.

It's not GREAT, but it gets the point across.

Unfortunately, a codec I have is interfering with Movie Maker compiling the video.

And, yes, I did laze out and use the audio for the first part. I used the drumbeat+fighter pass sound from the Ace Combat 6 trailer, and filled the rest with "The Liberation of Gracemeria". If only I knew what was causing the damned problem.

"Where ever you go.. there you are"

Figure it out?

the fighter pass may be messing it up.

also silence is golden.

"Where ever you go.. there you are"

Figure it out?

the fighter pass may be messing it up.

also silence is golden.

Actually, the fighter pass has worked in other videos. Nothing compiles now.

So, I'm gonna have to fish out the derelict codec and blow it up. If it's my MP4 codec, I'm frakked sideways.

• 1 year later...