Who here has heard of the VF-1B, if so should they make a toy of it?

shadow strikers

Here is the info about that Macross mecha. VF-1B: VF-1A version upgraded by the "Half-S" retrofit (overhauled avionics and S-type head unit). There isn't much info about this Valk. so what do you think?

The Half-S is not the Wild Weasel, and the Wild Weasel isn't mentioned there.

It's just a upgraded VF-1A but it would look different the the 1S I still want a figure of one.

It's just a upgraded VF-1A but it would look different the the 1S I still want a figure of one.

How so?

It would look like a 1S, because the only difference between a 1A, 1D, 1J, and 1S is the head. If a VF-1B is canonically a 1A's airframe and avionics with a 1S head, it would have the same damned appearance as a 1S. It'd be a damned 1S in cannon-fodder colors. Admittedly, the thought is intriguing, and it might make a good buck for Yamato, should they so decide to paint a 1S brown and call it a 1B, but I don't see anything past that. It's a design with no potential.

Now, if you want to know what I would like to see in a crossover VF-1, I'd say a cross between a S and A head (5 turrets, yes?) with 2 seats, painted in the old Type-1 Low-vis scheme would be cool.

And for kicks, do something with the wings, so they act like a hybrid of the VF-1's and the X-02's from Ace Combat lore. :rolleyes:

How so?

It would look like a 1S, because the only difference between a 1A, 1D, 1J, and 1S is the head. If a VF-1B is canonically a 1A's airframe and avionics with a 1S head, it would have the same damned appearance as a 1S. It'd be a damned 1S in cannon-fodder colors. Admittedly, the thought is intriguing, and it might make a good buck for Yamato, should they so decide to paint a 1S brown and call it a 1B, but I don't see anything past that. It's a design with no potential.

Now Yamato's going to make it. By the end of the month Yamato will post pictures of a CF-1S and they'll be calling it a 1B, I guarantee it.

Now, if you want to know what I would like to see in a crossover VF-1, I'd say a cross between a S and A head (5 turrets, yes?) with 2 seats, painted in the old Type-1 Low-vis scheme would be cool.

And for kicks, do something with the wings, so they act like a hybrid of the VF-1's and the X-02's from Ace Combat lore. :rolleyes:

that would look like absolute ass.

It's already been done, more or less:

vf1r.gif

that would look like absolute ass.

Pretty much, yes.

I found the VF-1B in a macross wiki

Yeah. The Half-S is a Macross thing.

For some reason, they brought up the YF-1R, from Robotech.

And they only rip on it because it was named in Robotech, but the mistake existed in Macross... :wacko:

Basically, the thread should be answered: We've heard of it, but they really shouldn't.