AT last she has been found!

Hey all!

I was reading through the yahoo headlines today and among the normal crap like the latest dribble about "dancing with the stars" and "who really won American Idol" bla bla bla ...who cares! <_< I actually found something of real substance and value. :lol:

It would appear that a huge leap in the understanding of our origin has been made. Thought you guys would like to read this very interesting article. :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/may...il-missing-link

Hey all!

I was reading through the yahoo headlines today and among the normal crap like the latest dribble about "dancing with the stars" and "who really won American Idol" bla bla bla ...who cares! <_< I actually found something of real substance and value. :lol:

It would appear that a huge leap in the understanding of our origin has been made. Thought you guys would like to read this very interesting article. :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/may...il-missing-link

Meh... there have been about 30 "missing links" found in the past decade or so. It's really a media phrase and biologists don't really like to use it, since it implies a single key that puts everything in it's place.

She is an interesting find for both evolutionary biology, as well as archeology in general (since it she so well preserved). Cool, but just one more step in understanding human history and not a smoking gun.

Meh... there have been about 30 "missing links" found in the past decade or so. It's really a media phrase and biologists don't really like to use it, since it implies a single key that puts everything in it's place.

She is an interesting find for both evolutionary biology, as well as archeology in general (since it she so well preserved). Cool, but just one more step in understanding human history and not a smoking gun.

I also dislike the term. As evolution is an ongoing process, everything is part of the link.