The Battle of 'REAL GUNDAM'

Graham

Heh, can't remember if I got the title correct or not, but anyway the thread devoted exclusively to discussing Gundam Sentinel is back with a bang!

And we start off with pictures from the new October 2003 issue of Hobby Japan of the upcoming GFF Z-Plus toys due for release in September.

Note, on pic # 3, it clearly shows that the toys will come with the alternate groin pieces and back parts allowing the toy to be built as either an A1 or C1.

Graham

zplus-1.jpg

zplus-2.jpg

zplus-3.jpg

zplus-4.jpg

I've noticed that the FIX Z-Plus toys have little pull out winglets (fins) located on the leading edge of the main wings. These are not on the MG model kits. I'll have to check the Sentinel book when I get home tonight to see if they are shown in the lineart or not.

Graham

I've noticed that the FIX Z-Plus toys have little pull out winglets (fins) located on the leading edge of the main wings. These are not on the MG model kits. I'll have to check the Sentinel book when I get home tonight to see if they are shown in the lineart or not.

Graham

Wouldn't they be called Glove Vanes? Or atr you referring to something else that i'm not seeing?

Graham

Wouldn't they be called Glove Vanes? Or atr you referring to something else that i'm not seeing?

Not sure of the correct technical term, but yeah that sound's about right. B)

Graham

Those look great, thanks for pics G man. :ph34r::blink:

P.S. I believe it is you, and your toy company cohorts goal to keep us broke, and in debt for the next few years, and living off a steady diet of ramen, and the occassional bowl of rice. It is quiet clear that you are inherently evil, and should be ashamed of yourself. :p:wacko:

P.S.S. J/K of course.

Edited by Smut Peddler

I wonder if there's even a remote chance that we'll see a domestic release of Sentinel someday. Then again, I doubt most Wing fans even have the attention span to read a book, no matter how many pictures it has.

Perhaps... but I bet it would be released in issues or something. Translating that book is quite the work load. <_<

Damn Graham and his pictures. :D Another toy I have to get and another excuse I have to give my wife as to why. I too am a sucker for FIX figures. They are perfect for those of us who value appearance, but don't have the time/skill to make a realistic model.

By the way, a Red one for me.

I think the only difference is that the Blue one is numbered 001 whereas the Red one is numbered 018.

Other than that I think there are different parts to make the MSZ-006A1 and the MSZ-006C1 (basically, different guns and crotches and other features.

My Sentinel book is still packed up, so I'm not sure if the Hummingbird has a different designation.

Now the question becomes: Red or Blue?

RED or BLUE??!

Right now I'm leaning towards red. About 20 minutes ago I wanted blue and before that it was red... tough choice.

No, no, no. The question should be not red or blue, but how many red and blue? B)

Graham

Any word is Bandai is giving us a fully grey Zeta C1? Maybe even a Zeta only?

I'm sure they will. I'm mean it allows them to maximise their profits. No new tooling is involved, just a simple paint change, so it makes sense they will do this.

I mean they gave us three different colors of EX-S afterall.

Graham

Now the question becomes: Red or Blue?

RED or BLUE??!

Right now I'm leaning towards red. About 20 minutes ago I wanted blue and before that it was red... tough choice.

No, no, no. The question should be not red or blue, but how many red and blue? B)

Graham

Hmmm.... I'm thinking 4.... one in each mode. :lol:

Then 4 more in the other color scheme for the same thing. :p

Other then the codpiece and the lack of boosters.... the A1 and the C1 are practically the same MSs. B)

Not just that, C1 usually has the BSG nose/shield. A1 usually the normal nose/shield.

Graham

Well.... thats less then 20% difference.

But I'm biased... I don't like the look of the A1.