A VF-0 colour scheme idea

Bluemaxx

Hi Guys

Well with the wonderful $900 i'm getting from the government (if you not from australia, sucks to be you ^_^ ) i'm finally going to get my modelling stuff set up and i was goingt to buy a VF-0 (probably an S seeing as all the A's and B's are gone :angry: ) and i've been wondering what to paint it as. I'm not interested in Skull ones scheme as a have a few of them in toys already so i've been doing some research to get some ideas together and i came up with this....

In the data i've been reading about they say that after the bird man incident the VF-1 was put into full scale production and the VF-0 was used as training/test bed duties until they broken down or scrapped. So my idea was to try and make a circa 2009 flying test bed airframe.

My problem is what colour scheme to use???? i don't really want to do a white with little bits of red/orange (or something similar) so i was wondering if anyone had some ideas? I've looked at all the aircraft the NASA has used as testbeds and only one got my interest, a F-18 in a really dark grey(charcoal) with specific panels in black. Not bad huh and my other idea was to do it completely orange like the drone VF-11's out of plus, maybe with some other the previous details coming throught under the paint (eg: a skull and cross bones maybe B)) )

Anyway what do you all think about it???

Hi Guys

Well with the wonderful $900 i'm getting from the government (if you not from australia, sucks to be you ^_^ ) i'm finally going to get my modelling stuff set up and i was goingt to buy a VF-0 (probably an S seeing as all the A's and B's are gone :angry: ) and i've been wondering what to paint it as. I'm not interested in Skull ones scheme as a have a few of them in toys already so i've been doing some research to get some ideas together and i came up with this....

In the data i've been reading about they say that after the bird man incident the VF-1 was put into full scale production and the VF-0 was used as training/test bed duties until they broken down or scrapped. So my idea was to try and make a circa 2009 flying test bed airframe.

My problem is what colour scheme to use???? i don't really want to do a white with little bits of red/orange (or something similar) so i was wondering if anyone had some ideas? I've looked at all the aircraft the NASA has used as testbeds and only one got my interest, a F-18 in a really dark grey(charcoal) with specific panels in black. Not bad huh and my other idea was to do it completely orange like the drone VF-11's out of plus, maybe with some other the previous details coming throught under the paint (eg: a skull and cross bones maybe B)) )

Anyway what do you all think about it???

The last idea sounds interesting. It'll be tricky to keep from overdoing it, though.

I think a combination of the charcoal and the last one you suggested would be cool. Something that would look like they didn't bother stripping the old paint off, just slapped some gray on over the Skull Squadron markings and it's starting to show through.

Ooh maybe you could do it like it's been in storage somewhere and neglected, with the CRAP weathered out of it.

there's another hornet one out there, i'll try and find a pic and put it up when i get a spare moment.

@MDP310: yeah with hell weathering like it's been left out in a graveyard after they've used and abused it! i like i like :)

For the decal coming through idea i was thinking about it last night ansd the idea i had (i'll test this before i actuallty do it) is to really water done the paint and dip the part into it slowly building up the paint layers until i get a result that i want.....it could work but i'll have to try it and see how i go really.

Anyway i'll hunt that pic down and put it on here

Okay guys here's the pic i was talking about, it is the F-18 HARV plane but with different angles from the previous pic. It could work, maybe with some orange in it but the X-31 isn't bad either with the blue lead edge colours.....

post-10365-1239239866_thumb.jpg

post-10365-1239239884_thumb.jpg

post-10365-1239239901_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Vandy 1

I saw those Tomcats a few times at the Van Nuys, CA Airshow in 97-98 ( I'm pretty sure), definitely before 9/11 when security went ape-$hit!!

As the pilots were leaving they kept raising & lowering their front landing gear like they were bowing, Then took off at full afterburner. One regular pass, one inverted!! Good times!! B))

Surprised no one has tried this color scheme for any Valk.

post-6180-1240523429_thumb.jpg

I saw those Tomcats a few times at the Van Nuys, CA Airshow in 97-98 ( I'm pretty sure), definitely before 9/11 when security went ape-$hit!!

As the pilots were leaving they kept raising & lowering their front landing gear like they were bowing, Then took off at full afterburner. One regular pass, one inverted!! Good times!! B))

CRAP IN A HAT! IT'S MICKEY SCYMON!!!

I did it for a VF-4 profile, at least (soon to be updated to my current version, including cockpit).

th_VF-4VX-4Evaluatorsblack1.png

• 1 month later...