MEGAZONE 23

novaflo

have you guys heard anything about this???? the screenshots look HOT! :rolleyes:

also..it seems this game is japan only.

....yet this game site is selling a version that can be played on ps3 from ANY country...!

...for twice the price of the standard japan release..here:

http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=13099

any info on this???? :blink::blink::blink:

Edited by novaflo

have you guys heard anything about this???? the screenshots look HOT! :rolleyes:

also..it seems this game is japan only.

....yet this game site is selling a version that can be played on ps3 from ANY country...!

...for twice the price of the standard japan release..here:

http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=13099

any info on this???? :blink::blink::blink:

There are a lot of clips from it on youtube.

The bue Garland looks awesome.

The in-game mini-movies look nice.

The gameplay itself look boring and absolutely TERRIBLE.

So can anyone spoil the story?

I heard it's an alternative sequel for part I, the main character is Shogo's son and both Shogo and Yui end up dead. BD appears again but his new voice isn't as cool as the original VA.

I don't remember too well, but I think I read that it is supposed to take place between Part 2 and Part 3. So, it is descendants of characters from Part 2, and ancestors of characters from Part 3.

So can anyone spoil the story?

I heard it's an alternative sequel for part I, the main character is Shogo's son and both Shogo and Yui end up dead. BD appears again but his new voice isn't as cool as the original VA.

NO ONE'S voice is as cool as Kaneto Shiozawa's was... :(

I know that.

After watching MZ23 part I and part II, I did a little research on BD's VA, then I died a little inside :(

The thing I thought was strange is that he generally sounded the same in every role...except Shin in Area 88. I went for YEARS without knowing that that was him.

But yeah, much as I miss Hikaru Ichijo, Syala/Haro/Geperunichi, and Captain Bright/Kaifun...M'Queve/Shin/BD/von Oberstein is the one I miss the most.

Anyway, Megazone. Never saw Part III. Worth it?

The thing I thought was strange is that he generally sounded the same in every role...except Shin in Area 88. I went for YEARS without knowing that that was him.

But yeah, much as I miss Hikaru Ichijo, Syala/Haro/Geperunichi, and Captain Bright/Kaifun...M'Queve/Shin/BD/von Oberstein is the one I miss the most.

I personally think it's worth it, but a lot of people dislike it. A lot.

The first part of Part 3 takes place a long time after parts 1 & 2. The second part of Part 3 takes place an even LONGER time later.

There two stories are essentially unrelated to Part 1 & 2, with brand new characters, but I still think they're entertaining, though very different.

They do expain a lot of the mysteries from Part 1 & 2 though, such as the true origin of Eve, etc.

I personally think it's worth it, but a lot of people dislike it. A lot.

The first part of Part 3 takes place a long time after parts 1 & 2. The second part of Part 3 takes place an even LONGER time later.

There two stories are essentially unrelated to Part 1 & 2, with brand new characters, but I still think they're entertaining, though very different.

They do expain a lot of the mysteries from Part 1 & 2 though, such as the true origin of Eve, etc.

Yeah, the time abyss was why I avoided it when it was originally released...late '80s, early '90s, I was really REALLY getting sick of sequels set roughly 100 or more years after the original...Gall Force, Dunbine, Megazone, then Macross and Orguss. It seemed cheap and mercenary to me.

Actually, I still have never seen a lot of those sequels that I read about in Animag oh-so-long ago...

I'm one of the many that dislike it. It's far too cyber-punk for my liking, and I'm actually into that kinda stuff. The best part of it is the EX Garland, but you don't get to see much of it. The plot does offer some backstory connecting it to the first two, but it comes off as tacked on.

The first two would have been better served if the third was a totally unrelated entity. That said, if this were the case, I sure wouldn't have it in my DVD collection.

Yamato should make the blue Garland as well. It's a nice redesign and not that different from the original ones engineering-wise. Too bad the game itself don't seem to be a hit, so I doubt we'll see a toy of the blue G anytime soon.

It's funny, I was actually just thinking the same thing.

They could do it with little, if any, new molding.

I have an extra Proto-Garland (Yamato was nice enough to send me a new one to replace my broken one). Maybe I'll spend some time trying to fix it up, and then paint it blue.

Does anyone have any pics of the blue Garland from this game? The game website has some pics of it on there, if you go to the "machanical" section, but it doesn't let you right-click on them to save them.

Nice seeing you again, Lonely Soldier Boy. Should've known you'd be replying to a motorcycle mecha thread like me, lol.

It's funny, I was actually just thinking the same thing.

They could do it with little, if any, new molding.

I have an extra Proto-Garland (Yamato was nice enough to send me a new one to replace my broken one). Maybe I'll spend some time trying to fix it up, and then paint it blue.

Does anyone have any pics of the blue Garland from this game? The game website has some pics of it on there, if you go to the "machanical" section, but it doesn't let you right-click on them to save them.

Nice seeing you again, Lonely Soldier Boy. Should've known you'd be replying to a motorcycle mecha thread like me, lol.

that game is in the bargain bins here in Japan. 2000yen last time I checked.

that game is in the bargain bins here in Japan. 2000yen last time I checked.

Only place I've seen it here in the US is on eBay. I'd love to get a copy of the limited edition of the game. It comes with an art book, which I'd love to get my hands on.

Hey, Raven! Hahaha, Yep! That's me! Whenever there's a new variable bike thread you can be sure I'll show up sooner than later.

About Yamato making a Blue G, well, maybe we won't be seeing one in the next few years, but I wonder what's keeping them from releasing the EX-Garland.

I think they've quite on the whole Megazone 23 thing. Even the Bubblegum Crisis stuff doesn't seem to be progressing. We've got the preorder for the Boomer, but I fear we won't see metallic releases of the rest of the group.

I'd love to see Yamato release more for both lines, but fear they're just not getting the sales off of them to continue the,.

I guess that's a "no."

I guess that's a "no."
Haha! I took a look at it. Doesn't look much different from the original Garland (part 1). My guess would be that it's the exact same design and that any differences are due to artistic license taken by the ingame artist. It does appear rather stylized in comparison.

Edit:

Also, if you want to save pics of it (and have access to image editing software), you can always just take a screen shot of each pic (press 'print screen', etc.) and go from there.

Edited by RD Blade

Haha! I took a look at it. Doesn't look much different from the original Garland (part 1). My guess would be that it's the exact same design and that any differences are due to artistic license taken by the ingame artist. It does appear rather stylized.

I agree that it's the same basic design, though there do seem to be a decent number of these more "stylized" components. I was hoping to get a better look at these difference.

Check the edit. Guess I got back to it a bit too late. :)

Yeah, I missed your edit.

I do have some software (Paint.NET is fantastic, it's 100% free and does almost everything photoshop does), and was thinking of just taking screen caps, like you suggested. I was just hoping that someone might have some access to some higher resolution pics, or clearer ones, or lineart, or really pretty much anything.

Does anyone on here have a copy of the art book that came with the limited edition of the game?

Hey, Raven. I hope this helps. I also grabbed some more images from the official site, with more views of the Bike and Slave Maneuver modes, but I'm not sure I can post them here. Also if this image infringes any copyright law, Mods please remove it.

I should say that, tho' it's definitely inspired on the first Garland and the transformation is the same, it has a lot of diferences, which means Yamato (or you) would have to rework almost all of the visible pieces. I'd love to see it made tho'. I really dig this design.

post-1636-1238550614_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Hey, Raven. I hope this helps. I also grabbed some more images from the official site, with more views of the Bike and Slave Maneuver modes, but I'm not sure I can post them here. Also if this image infringes any copyright law, Mods please remove it.

I should say that, tho' it's definitely inspired on the first Garland and the transformation is the same, it has a lot of diferences, which means Yamato (or you) would have to rework almost all of the visible pieces. I'd love to see it made tho'. I really dig this design.

I should've known I could count on you, Lonely Soldier Boy! Lol

I agree, definitely inspired by the original, with the same transformation, but some very significant stylistic changes.

This you can email me the other pics?

Thanks.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...