Shin Mazinger

REbirth

This is the OP single, there's no exact title yes, but the artist is "ULTIMATE LAZY for Mazinger" (wow, just wow)?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ebest-dvd/0000000919659/

And don't worry, JAM Project is still in the participation list.

Edit: Yeah, it's supposed to be LAZY (a rock band) with Okuda Tamio, Saitou Kazuyoshi and JAM Project.

Edit 2: The Official site is updated with the air date (April 4 at 23:20h). Totally awesome. And the Opening theme's title is "Kanjite (feel) Knight", the single will be released in April 22.

Edited by REbirth

• 2 weeks later...
Of course the Giant Rocket Punch is there for something, maybe for the final boss.

Doesn't change the fact that Z had a big ass Rocket Punch before, it was called the Megaton Punch.

He USES a giant Rocket Punch, he didn't turn into a giant Rocket Punch.

He USES a giant Rocket Punch, he didn't turn into a giant Rocket Punch.

I fail to see how Mazinger Z transforming into a giant Rocket Punch instead of docking into a giant Rocket Punch (ala Great Booster of Great Mazinger) is going to ruin the whole thing.

Oh come on, this is a Super Robot anime, it must have a ridiculous attack somehow.

Could also be a translation error. Regardless, this is the director of Giant Robo, whatever he does will be infinately awesome. Sure his Tetsujin 28 was a bit on the slow side, but it was still good.

Could also be a translation error. Regardless, this is the director of Giant Robo, whatever he does will be infinately awesome. Sure his Tetsujin 28 was a bit on the slow side, but it was still good.

Here, just check the concept art:

mechaentry.png

I love Imagawa stuff too, Giant Robo, G Gundam, first 3 eps of Shin Getter Amrgaeddon, Tetsujin 28 2004, all are ranged from epic awesome to good.

I fail to see how Mazinger Z transforming into a giant Rocket Punch instead of docking into a giant Rocket Punch (ala Great Booster of Great Mazinger) is going to ruin the whole thing.

Oh come on, this is a Super Robot anime, it must have a ridiculous attack somehow.

Where did I say it was going to ruin the whole thing? I have "lowered expectations". I just think it's stupid to ride a mecha that turns into it's own super final attack. Dangaio made fun of this in it's first episode when it shot off whatshername doing Dangai punch. It's pointless to have a robot mode if you're just gonna transform and ram the enemy anyways. Might as well fly around as rocket punch and punch him at the beginning. Save some time plus wear and tear.

Where did I say it was going to ruin the whole thing? I have "lowered expectations". I just think it's stupid to ride a mecha that turns into it's own super final attack. Dangaio made fun of this in it's first episode when it shot off whatshername doing Dangai punch. It's pointless to have a robot mode if you're just gonna transform and ram the enemy anyways. Might as well fly around as rocket punch and punch him at the beginning. Save some time plus wear and tear.

Dude, it's a super robot anime, logical sense doesn't work in here, we're talking about a robot that shot its own arm to the enemy, It's more about the rule of cool.

Anyway, I think the giant Rocket Punch is going to be the HYPER ULTIMATE FINAL WEAPON THAT COSTS A LOT OF PHOTON ENERGY, so Mazinger Z can't use it freely.

Super robot anime has nothing to do with what makes sense, it's all about how pasionately you can take out your enemy, for he with the most guts wins.

My online name is a Super Robot. I grew up with the 70's Super Robots. I've enjoyed the reimaging that most of them went through in the last decade or so (except for Shin Jeeg). Rocket punches, drill missiles, breast of fires, head lasers, gut lasers, electrical/magnetic joints, giant dragon heads, elongating staffs, invading alien empires, dinosaur armies, etc etc etc. All gutsy and cool. Throwing ones robot and self at the enemy after all other attacks failed? Awesome. Having a built in weapon system that's purpose is to throw oneself at the enemy? Eh. I'll still watch it but doubt it'll top MazinKaiser.

Dude, it's a super robot anime, logical sense doesn't work in here, we're talking about a robot that shot its own arm to the enemy, It's more about the rule of cool.

Anyway, I think the giant Rocket Punch is going to be the HYPER ULTIMATE FINAL WEAPON THAT COSTS A LOT OF PHOTON ENERGY, so Mazinger Z can't use it freely.

I'm willing to go with that.....but I still think transforming into a giant rocket fist is stupid.

Having a built in weapon system that's purpose is to throw oneself at the enemy? Eh. I'll still watch it but doubt it'll top MazinKaiser.

I'm willing to go with that.....but I still think transforming into a giant rocket fist is stupid.

God bless ridiculous concept of Super Robot, it's what made mecha in the first place.

Eh, about the highlight part, did ya remember Shine Spark of Getter G? It was supposed to be like that, same for Kaiser Nova, it's all about super robot bestowed with powerful energy then throws itself to the enemy, now imagine the Mazinger Z transforming into a giant rocket punch before doing that...

Oh wait, but isn't Choudenji Spin exactly like that? I mean the ultimate one-hit-kill which Combattler V forms its hands into a giant drill and spins though the enemy?

God bless ridiculous concept of Super Robot, it's what made mecha in the first place.

Eh, about the highlight part, did ya remember Shine Spark of Getter G? It was supposed to be like that, same for Kaiser Nova, it's all about super robot bestowed with powerful energy then throws itself to the enemy, now imagine the Mazinger Z transforming into a giant rocket punch before doing that...

Oh wait, but isn't Choudenji Spin exactly like that? I mean the ultimate one-hit-kill which Combattler V forms its hands into a giant drill and spins though the enemy?

Getter G charged up and aimed with it's physical body then it moved away before the energy body made impact. NOT a suicide attack that Rocket Punch is going to be.

Oh wait, Choudenji Spin forms a drill with the hands of the mecha, sorta like Lyger. Gee a weapon part of the robot followed by the rest of the robot to provide mass/force both of which both concentrate that energy on a small area to penetrate and destroy the enemy. Nothing wrong with that it makes sense. Forcing the entire robot to change shape into a fist, that's most likely closed since it's Rocket Punch, not Rocket Chop, makes it a battering ram with it's force diffused amongst a large area instead of concentrating it while losing all of the advantages of being a giant mobile humanoid robot in the first place. If rocket punch mode is more effective then robot mode then you might as well stay in rocket punch and ignore robot mode completely. Less moving parts, less maintenance, less complex machine, more energy saving so it can probably do more rocket punch-type attacks. Oh wait, then it wouldn't be called Mazinger Z but Rocket-o Punch!!

Face it you're not going to make me like the fact that this new Mazinger is going to change into a giant Rocket Punch fist. I loved the original Mazinger, Great Mazinger and MazinKaiser. I'm not on or off the boat on this one yet. I have to see first. I'm sure my 4 and 6yr old nephews are going to love the idea of a giant robot fist though.

Getter G charged up and aimed with it's physical body then it moved away before the energy body made impact. NOT a suicide attack that Rocket Punch is going to be.

Oh wait, Choudenji Spin forms a drill with the hands of the mecha, sorta like Lyger. Gee a weapon part of the robot followed by the rest of the robot to provide mass/force both of which both concentrate that energy on a small area to penetrate and destroy the enemy. Nothing wrong with that it makes sense. Forcing the entire robot to change shape into a fist, that's most likely closed since it's Rocket Punch, not Rocket Chop, makes it a battering ram with it's force diffused amongst a large area instead of concentrating it while losing all of the advantages of being a giant mobile humanoid robot in the first place. If rocket punch mode is more effective then robot mode then you might as well stay in rocket punch and ignore robot mode completely. Less moving parts, less maintenance, less complex machine, more energy saving so it can probably do more rocket punch-type attacks. Oh wait, then it wouldn't be called Mazinger Z but Rocket-o Punch!!

Face it you're not going to make me like the fact that this new Mazinger is going to change into a giant Rocket Punch fist. I loved the original Mazinger, Great Mazinger and MazinKaiser. I'm not on or off the boat on this one yet. I have to see first. I'm sure my 4 and 6yr old nephews are going to love the idea of a giant robot fist though.

Heh, if the robot only stays in rocket punch mode, how the hell can it use other attack? Again, it's a special mode of the Mazinger Z that it uses again a type of enemy. It doesn't have to be used all the time. But I'd rather have THAT mode than another Mazinger Blade, thank you, since that stuff belong to Great Mazinger, not Mazinger Z.

And the fact it forms up a HAND, not just a fist, it can close down and become a Rocket Punch or straighten out to be a Rocket Chop like you said, hell it can even pull out a Giant Iron Cutter, talk about variability.

I love Mazinger too thank you, and I don't give a damn if you like the new concept or not, it's just you and me debating SUPER ROBOT SCIENCE and WHY SUPER ROBOT ATTACK SHOULD MAKE SENSE in the first place. :lol:

I think it's just too silly and outlandish even for Mazinger... Mazinger Z and Great Maz and Mazinkaiser could always kick the sh!t out of whatever Dr. Hell threw at them without needing to transform, and I think the bigger problem is just that's it's too goofy looking. People have been speculating that Boss power-up transforms into Grozier there, but at least that looks like something else, and isn't just a giant hand. RID Megatron's giant hand mode from Transformers was stupid too, because really what purpose does a giant hand really serve?

I think it's just too silly and outlandish even for Mazinger... Mazinger Z and Great Maz and Mazinkaiser could always kick the sh!t out of whatever Dr. Hell threw at them without needing to transform, and I think the bigger problem is just that's it's too goofy looking. People have been speculating that Boss power-up transforms into Grozier there, but at least that looks like something else, and isn't just a giant hand. RID Megatron's giant hand mode from Transformers was stupid too, because really what purpose does a giant hand really serve?

Thank you.

Hmm, but we're fighting against a new enemy here, not just Dr. Hell and Baran Ashura, not just Mykene, we're talking about Zeus (ala the Guy with the Helmet "Z"), the last thing we saw in the PV (Mazinger Z facing up the sky) it's arguably the Heaven Gate which Zeus use to descend into the human world.

...and yeah, I think he's going to be more stronger than Dr. Hell and Mykene ever were, that's why we have the giant Rocket PÆ°nch now B))

See, that's still where I don't see it... if the enemy gets tougher, Koji's just gonna have to put on his man pants and fight harder, faster, smarter. Maybe upgrade the Breast Fire output and the Rocket Punch thrust... nowhere does the logic (or even Super Robot Logic) move to turning your robot into a giant missile. Even when someone like Mazinger is beating the snot out of someone with his fists (instead of guns or any other weapons like later robots) he fights smart, not stupid.

I love my super robots and all but I agree Super robots especially these new 21st century ones like mazinkaiser, Getter OVA's etc. have been all about these beyond over the top attacks powered by how bad ass you are. So i'm not entirely sure what the problem is...

But it's not quite the same... aside from Gurren Lagaan whom transformed all the time into things, noone else had to transform to deliver a super badass attack... Mazinkaiser didn't turn into a giant sword, he just had the obscene power output to curbstomp any badguys that dared show up. Some robots DO transform as part of their attacks or whatnot (Getta Robos fit in here, having different modes for situations), but Mazinger never did, so it seems like a shoehorned in change that I don't really see the benefits of. The Maz family never NEEDED to change to rock some badguys... that wasn't their shtick.

Edited by promethuem5

But it's not quite the same... aside from Gurren Lagaan whom transformed all the time into things, noone else had to transform to deliver a super badass attack... Mazinkaiser didn't turn into a giant sword

You never watch GunxSword and see how Dann of Thursday works, didn't you? :lol:

Anyway, I pass the argument, because we have yet to see how Mazinger Z uses the giant rocket punch and why he even uses it, on what situation? These questions make me want to see the show as soon as possible.

Edit: Also, the main site is updated with new pictures.

Edited by REbirth