Macross Kits

Bluemaxx

Hi Guys

Well seeing as the macross toys are becoming so expensive (thankyou very much yamato and the AUD$) i've begun to look at the cheaper macross models kits. Now i use to make models a while ago now so i still sort of know how to make them but my question is are there 1/48 scale kits being made?

the reason i ask is that i like my big 1/48 yamato toys and i am worried that the 1/72 scale kits will be too small for my liking....

hopefully if i do start i can pick up some tip from the model maker on here

anyway thanks for the help guys

There have been a couple, but they have only been limited and rare resin kits, and are now quite expensive. So I'm afraid you're out of luck! The 1/72 may be small, but in many cases they are packed with a lot more detail than the toys. I suggest you grab an easy kit, put it together and see how you enjoy the experience. There's a lot out there, enojy!

Edited by PetarB

thanks for that, at least i know now not to get my hopes up about the 1/48's then.

I've been looking at the Hasagawa VF-0B on HJL, that one looks good and should sit well next to my VF-0S from yamato, so you guys will probably be hearing from me more asking for advice on how to do things so just bear with me until i get but into the swing of things when it comes to models

Cheers

Just please remember a model is NOT a toy. They arent made for durability or playability. Most of the time you build it , pose it and leave it. Even the Bandai VF-25s have a limit to how many times they can be transformed before breakage happens.

Just please remember a model is NOT a toy. They arent made for durability or playability. Most of the time you build it , pose it and leave it. Even the Bandai VF-25s have a limit to how many times they can be transformed before breakage happens.

That being said I haven't heard of any 1/72 VF-25 breaking yet-- and my own 1/72 Alto has been transformed over 20 times.

Welcome Bluemaxx. I quite toys decades ago when I was like 5! I had a toy F-16 (when they first came out) and it was alright. Then I got a model F-16 and it looked like the real thing! Not to mention all the ordnance, the engine came out, and it had a wheeled stand for the engine to go on (you guys knwo what I'm talking about out there-they've re-issued it too).

The models may not be as durable, but they will be far superior for accuracy, detail, and over all appearance. The price is much better too (as you said). Just get some white gloves ^_^ - MT

The VF-0B is an awesome choice of the Hasegawa kits from the Macross Zero series. So whether you have descent skills like mine or your more on the advanced realm, either way they are fun to build and as Mechtech said, far more superior in detail & accuracy!!

It also works fantastic for F-14 squadron markings too, like my VF-2 Bounty Hunters. B))

post-6180-1232772891_thumb.jpg

oh i like the pics of the build ups here and i do really like the VF-0's that came out now i just just have top come up with the money to buy all the stuff i need (paint, glues, etc...)

yeah i guess i only bought the toys cause i didn't think i would have the skill required to make the kits but with the price difference only getting bigger its time to try.

looking forward to getting the VF-0B but should be sweet as!

Edited by Bluemaxx

Hi Guys

Well seeing as the macross toys are becoming so expensive (thankyou very much yamato and the AUD$) i've begun to look at the cheaper macross models kits. Now i use to make models a while ago now so i still sort of know how to make them but my question is are there 1/48 scale kits being made?

the reason i ask is that i like my big 1/48 yamato toys and i am worried that the 1/72 scale kits will be too small for my liking....

hopefully if i do start i can pick up some tip from the model maker on here

anyway thanks for the help guys

Toys are for kids, silly rabbit. You zooooooooom zoom zoom around the room and transform them for an epic battle against your teddy bears. Models are art meant to be admired. Each individual... not mass produced. You could argue toy customs that are painted are a form of art. I guess you could say the same thing about legos... but they just aren't in the same league as stuff like Master Cheng.

PAAAIAJKEPDNMCCCt.jpg

Toys are for kids, silly rabbit. You zooooooooom zoom zoom around the room and transform them for an epic battle against your teddy bears. Models are art meant to be admired. Each individual... not mass produced. You could argue toy customs that are painted are a form of art. I guess you could say the same thing about legos... but they just aren't in the same league as stuff like Master Cheng.

PAAAIAJKEPDNMCCCt.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROFLMAO!

well my SV-51 has kicked my fiances carebear all over the place! LOL

Seriously I must be the only guys who's bought the toys and not gone and continually transformed them, i set them in a really good position and leave them there........does anyone else who's bought the toys not played with them??? or am i just a freak :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROFLMAO!

well my SV-51 has kicked my fiances carebear all over the place! LOL

Seriously I must be the only guys who's bought the toys and not gone and continually transformed them, i set them in a really good position and leave them there........does anyone else who's bought the toys not played with them??? or am i just a freak :rolleyes:

I don't play with my Yamato 1/60s as well-- mostly they are just too pretty and I can't bear to touch them :) so you are not alone! The Bandai DX, on the other hand, I have no qualms about being rough with it ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like the VF-2SS is quite popular despite not making it into the "REAL" Macross continuem. - MT

People are coming out finally and admitting that they do like the Mecha of Macross II, amazing its taken this long. I wish Bandai would have made the VF-2JA & Metal Siren!! B))

I've always liked the VF-2SS. I just have never liked that the only injection plastic kit was produced in 1/100 scale instead of 1/72. And it was pretty hard to find at that for quite a while.

Now, even though the kit has been rereleased, it just doesn't fit in scale or quality with the 1/72 Hasegawas that have become pretty much the standard.