MW's model section crusade

FAM56

Feb 10 2005

Valkyrie said:

"Glad to hear it, Jesse! I've been wanting to see MW's model section become a definitive referance for Macross models for quite a while now, so I'm very glad to hear that progress shall be made!"

The TOPIC was Macross 1/72 Scale Complete List, Resin/Model Kits-What's Missing?

I think it's time to revive this idea and I want to know who is willing to colaborate with this. :)

I also want to know if anyone is willing to lead this effort towards a successful ending, an administrator maybe?? :lol:

I'm new here and the first place I went to was the MW's model section to find the options available for building my first Macross model, but I found in the Topics section much more, a huge amount of information just by searching in the old topics that provided information on model subjects, but this information is not available in the model section of the site.

Let me know what you think of this idea.

FAM

Yeah it seems like it really should be the definative place but unfortunately it's not. Modelers of Macross seem to often be second string after the toys on this site. Just look at the modified toy gallery, no respect I tell ya, no respect.

The brains and know-how are here, just not the admin permissions to edit that part of MW, iirc. It was, and is, a good idea that has just never made it off the ground.

N.B. It's "reference" vice "referance". :)

Thanks for your answer! you say we need permissions to edit that part of MW, any ideas on who gives these permissions???

Yeah it seems like it really should be the definative place but unfortunately it's not. Modelers of Macross seem to often be second string after the toys on this site. Just look at the modified toy gallery, no respect I tell ya, no respect.

I guess all I can tell you is that we're more than one and united we stand!!!

I forget who it was Shawn or Graham that said the site was going to have a refit this year.

Maybe if you mock up the missing pages using the existing style templates and email them to Shawn or Graham they'd put them in

Thats only because alot of customizations are simple sticker/decal swaps or a parts exchange. Yes there are full repaints but those are few.

Models on the other hand are much more involving and take more time. Also recently there has been a slump outside the VF-25.

Models on the other hand are much more involving and take more time.

That and many folks just have trouble putting together a model kit. They either don't have time and/or skills to put one together.

Perhaps Bandai's entry into Valkyrie model kits will spur more folks to try their hand at kit building. The fact that Bandai kits are pre-colored and snap-fit is an excellent motivation for newbies. Those 2 characteristics turned the whole gunpla franchise around. Perhaps it will do the same for Macross? I can only hope that Bandai has the rights and is aiming to release more than just the Frontier Valks.

Edited by Vifam7

Thats only because alot of customizations are simple sticker/decal swaps or a parts exchange. Yes there are full repaints but those are few.

Models on the other hand are much more involving and take more time. Also recently there has been a slump outside the VF-25.

True but we could make a model gallery out of just your builds alone. Add together the vast history of model builds that have been posted on this site (mine, WMCheng, etc.) you'd have a pretty nice gallery.

But that's just builds, seems like the model pages that just showed what models were produced got a good start but was never finished.

Edited by Grayson72

All I'm going to say is models rock! Toys are mass produced in a team effort, models are a work of art by an artist! Plus there's just no comparison when it comes to detail and accuracy! Styrene rules! :lol: - MT

My suggestion would be to keep the current format with the kits sorted by maker and then provide links to MW members' galleries on the specific kit's page.

That would work.

Minimal work to existing pages, just add links and then the members pages would be linked to. if they were in the same format as the main pages then all the linkbacks would be valid to.

I actually like the current format of the Hasegawa section. I wish they all looked like that. In that section there's even a place designated for built up models, although no one has ever seen any pics in those spots.

Edited by Grayson72