Need help with VF-0A! NOT Shoulder related.

MasterOfPuppets

So I just got my Shin VF-0A from Angolz, who're great by the way. Anyways, I was flipping the seat into the downward position for fighter mode and the control panel in front of the seat/pilot just snapped off like nothing. Now I've tried gluing it but I can't apply any pressure to get it to stick. The cockpit gets in the way too much. Any ideas on how to fix it? I got two pics that illustrate the problem if you don't know what I'm talking about.

vf0abs.jpg

vf0abc.jpg

take it apart and then fix it. There's a couple of screws holding the fuselage together, one is under the hip pocket under the nose, you'll need to take the cover for it off to expose the screw that actually holds the nose together.

I take it you've done this before?

I unscrewed the hip cover and the one underneath that but it feels just as solid as before. Do I just pry the whole fuselage apart? Is it glued together? Should I do this in fighter mode or in like a half transformation to battroid state so the fuselage isn't locked to the heatshield?

I take it you've done this before?

I unscrewed the hip cover and the one underneath that but it feels just as solid as before. Do I just pry the whole fuselage apart? Is it glued together? Should I do this in fighter mode or in like a half transformation to battroid state so the fuselage isn't locked to the heatshield?

when I did it, I had it half transformed. Did you get the screw inside the wheel well? It shouldn't be glued but it might be a tight fit, I just wiggled it a little and the two halves popped apart.

when I did it, I had it half transformed. Did you get the screw inside the wheel well? It shouldn't be glued but it might be a tight fit, I just wiggled it a little and the two halves popped apart.

If by wheel well you mean the screw under the landing gear then I did not. So I just need to unscrew the hip cover, the one under that, and the one under the landing gear? I'll give it a shot tomorrow since it's pretty late right now. Thanks for the help, hopefully all goes well because this thing is gorgeous.

If by wheel well you mean the screw under the landing gear then I did not. So I just need to unscrew the hip cover, the one under that, and the one under the landing gear? I'll give it a shot tomorrow since it's pretty late right now. Thanks for the help, hopefully all goes well because this thing is gorgeous.

No problem, good luck with the repairs.

This happened to me as well. Like Graham mentioned, try a different glue. Modelling glue are not as strong. I used Zap which is like a super glue. Downside sometimes the plastic turn a bit of a frosty white, but I touch it up with a gundam marker.

This happened to me as well. Like Graham mentioned, try a different glue. Modelling glue are not as strong. I used Zap which is like a super glue. Downside sometimes the plastic turn a bit of a frosty white, but I touch it up with a gundam marker.

I'm not using modeling glue, the problem was that the cockpit window was in the way and I couldn't press the control panel against the seat to get the glue to adhere the two pieces together. Once I get it all out of the way then I'm sure it'll be easy street.

I'm not using modeling glue, the problem was that the cockpit window was in the way and I couldn't press the control panel against the seat to get the glue to adhere the two pieces together. Once I get it all out of the way then I'm sure it'll be easy street.

It was a bit hard to press the control panel due to the angle but it's still possible but have to be careful not to push the top of the contol panel which I did a couple of times as you just end up pushing the control panel away from the seat. I also let the glue dry a little bit before attaching the part giving it a more sticky attachment.

Didn't try to open it but if it's similar to a 1/48 VF-1, then it shouldn't be too hard.

Good luck with your repairs.

It was a bit hard to press the control panel due to the angle but it's still possible but have to be careful not to push the top of the contol panel which I did a couple of times as you just end up pushing the control panel away from the seat. I also let the glue dry a little bit before attaching the part giving it a more sticky attachment.

Didn't try to open it but if it's similar to a 1/48 VF-1, then it shouldn't be too hard.

Good luck with your repairs.

teehee

Yamato

Had the same thing happen (even though Graham warns about it in his review) when I was rotating the seat by the control panel. Leave the seat in the "up" position. Get some plastic cement (or a good quick set model glue) and lightly coat the seat on the broken sections. Lightly press and hold the control panel back on at the base (until it sets). The piece was glued originally and there are kind of tabs there to guide the control panel into the proper position. Angle is a little goofy and if you have big hands (like me) it's awkward as hell. Thats why I recommend a good quick set model glue. Let it set for a day or two.

I did it with my tamiya plastic cement and it worked fine.

Edited by logos

Look, to be fair to Bandai... The VF-25 obviously didn't have proper cooling. Alto was subsequently fused to his cockpit after excessive flight durations. Sheryl was mortified. But its okay, cause Ranka gave Alto her Vagyra rabies babies and now he's all better.

Man, its so close to the ending of Frontier, its uncanny!

Edited by Cent

if only yamato could make the cockpit without any detailing and mold the pilot in as a featureless purple blob.... ah, if only. <_<

ahhh did you ever have to make up your mind

detailage vs breakage

at least you fixed it! :)

I fortunately have no breaks cause I only change them once and never again and ever so gentle

Edited by nugundamII

I've transformed my 0A several times since I've gotten it. Had I known the seat was going to be much tighter compared to my 1st edition 0S I probably wouldn't have pressed on it. It's not a big deal anyways.

Also this isn't a Bandai vs Yamato thread. And if it was then I would say that Bandai could have made the DX detailed AND durable they just chose not to (compared to the smaller model kit) for whatever reason. It doesn't have to be a war between detail and durability, there's no reason we can't have both.

Edited by MasterOfPuppets

That's too bad, I'm really happy with my Shin 0A. Everything that was wrong with my 1st edition 0S is fixed with this 0A. The shoulders I'll still be careful with but I don't really remember many people (or anyone specifically at all) that had their Shin shoulders explode.

Plus I got the bundle for $105+shipping, how could I complain?

I've transformed my 0A several times since I've gotten it. Had I known the seat was going to be much tighter compared to my 1st edition 0S I probably wouldn't have pressed on it. It's not a big deal anyways.

Also this isn't a Bandai vs Yamato thread. And if it was then I would say that Bandai could have made the DX detailed AND durable they just chose not to (compared to the smaller model kit) for whatever reason. It doesn't have to be a war between detail and durability, there's no reason we can't have both.

I know

couldn't resist tho

To this day I still cant get the fast pack on my 1/60 YF-25 to stay flush and ON the plane when its in jet mode. Like I said ever so gentle for fear it will go BOOM!!!!! SO I put it on its display stand and put a strip of masking tape along the seam so it stays and doesnt fall of the jet

TeeHee Yamato

Anyway CMs is Far More worse and I m just upset yamato cant get the QC in control because they do make some great valks. Maybe they should give up on making these things in China???? Maybe America. Give those folks some work to do.....