Valk Designs

kanedaestes

RVF-25 is a Recon and ELINT aircraft. You can see this from its designation R for Recon and by the whay it perfoms on screen, gathering intel about hostile craft, their weak points etc.

An AWACS is an early warning and command and control aircraft, and not just at squad level but at full tactical level as well, managing the battlefield. Quite obviously the RVF-25 is not this type of aircraft.

God damn it! I said "SCREW DIS WAR!"

And, at some token, it is...

I was looking at the illustrations of the VF-3000 on the M3 and I realized something; the VF-3000 is actually a 2 seater. :blink:

vf-3000-blue-fighter.gif

vf-3000-fighter-multipleviews.gif

if you look really closely, in the 3/4 shot you can see the seat just behind the canopy support, and in the rear view you can see the back seats console and head rest. I'm not sure if that's just a type of jump seat like on the YF-19/VF-25 or if that means that the VF-3000 is meant to be piloted by two people.

Edited by anime52k8

(...) We've got our opinions on what it should be named, and knowledge of what it is named. I say it's not a proper name. But whatever.

(...)

How can you turn a fact into an opinion? The fact is that the VE is Variable Elint. Your opinion is that it is a misuse of the term Elint. Your opinion does not change the fact that it is Variable Elint.

I was looking at the illustrations of the VF-3000 on the M3 and I realized something; the VF-3000 is actually a 2 seater. :blink:

if you look really closely, in the 3/4 shot you can see the seat just behind the canopy support, and in the rear view you can see the back seats console and head rest. I'm not sure if that's just a type of jump seat like on the YF-19/VF-25 or if that means that the VF-3000 is meant to be piloted by two people.

Good eyes. I wonder what the second seat was for. The Compendium article doesn't state a thing pertaining to either the second seat nor the role of the fighter.

http://wpedia.mobile.goo.ne.jp/wiki/%89%C2...CA%8EY%8B@%81j/ and http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8F%AF%E5%...83%BC%E3%82%BA) refer to it, and the VF-3000B as "developmental fighters" (or "derivative fighters").

They also mention common names for them: VF-3000 "Stretch Valkyrie" and VF-3000B "Bomber Valkyrie".

Good eyes. I wonder what the second seat was for. The Compendium article doesn't state a thing pertaining to either the second seat nor the role of the fighter.

They also mention common names for them: VF-3000 "Stretch Valkyrie" and VF-3000B "Bomber Valkyrie".

Maybe it was meant for a (tactical strike) role similar to the F-111. It would account for the size.

Edited by Letigre

Maybe it was meant for a (tactical strike) role similar to the F-111. It would account for the size.

Letigre brings up an interesting point I forgot to bring up...

Its size does suggest Tactical Strike role, and it does place it alongside the F-111. Add to that its dual-seated cockpit, and we could have a radar operator or bomb controller, similar to current two-seaters today... Hm... VF-3000 Aardvark... It would explain the -3000B variant, as there was an FB-111... And it was never used... Like the VF-3000B... Therefore, this is a Variable F-15 with the soul of an F-111...

I think it looks like a cross between an F-15, a Panavia Tornado, and a commercial VF-1. (Wonked-up nose)