Hang on! I thought that (insert persons name) was dead!

taksraven

Nikki Sixx was once dead for at least five minutes after overdosing on a number of drugs.

It would sound much cooller if you had said that he was dead for *sixx* minutes!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Taksraven

I always have that idea of Iggy Pop

Bah, Iggy is a legend. You should listen to some of Henry Rollins accounts of Iggy in concert, dancing around and outperforming a lot of performers less than half his age. Yeah!!

Taksraven

Ernest Borgnine just had a restrospective of his career here in LA and a big article on him in the LA times, i met him about a month ago..hes tops...very energetic and funny. Not alot of people alive from the black and white era anymore ...i mean this guy was in From here to eternity...so he was a cool guy to meet. Still making movies..bad and good..he just goes with the belief just keep doing and doing and doing.

Iggy Pop is 60 and still kicks the ass of most people half his age. The stooges reformed last year and are currently on tour.

For a long time, I thought Omar Sharif (Dr. Zhivago, Ali in Lawrence of Arabia) was dead, until my mom bumped into him at a hotel in Egypt about 10 years ago. Was she lucky, as she had told me he was her all-time favorite actor.

The guy narrated 10,000 BC! One of the greatest actors of all time. Seems under-rated at times. He was unbelievable in Monsieur Ibrahim in 03..

The guy narrated 10,000 BC! One of the greatest actors of all time. Seems under-rated at times. He was unbelievable in Monsieur Ibrahim in 03..

Saw an interview with him bout 2 yrs ago. He was bemoaning the fact that he was given a role in one of his early films where his character kissed Barbra Streisand and as a result many of his fellow muslims alienated him for kissing a Jew. He seemed to think that it had really hurt his career. A pity, because he was a brilliant actor. Kind of sad to look at now because the years are not kind to any of us, but in Lawrence of Arabia, he was outstanding.

Taksraven

Saw an interview with him bout 2 yrs ago. He was bemoaning the fact that he was given a role in one of his early films where his character kissed Barbra Streisand and as a result many of his fellow muslims alienated him for kissing a Jew. He seemed to think that it had really hurt his career. A pity, because he was a brilliant actor. Kind of sad to look at now because the years are not kind to any of us, but in Lawrence of Arabia, he was outstanding.

Taksraven

THAT hurt his career? Is it because muslims run Hollywood? LOL

I believe he said that, I just think its nuts.

• 2 weeks later...
FIXED! ('cause you might as well remember the guy's triumphs, rather than than the "Crap! How am I going to afford the heating bill on my indoor pool" roles...)

And...um...I thought he was dead. Really.

Hey, don't be dissing Airwolf. That was one of my favorite shows as a kid. :p

And if you're going to praise Borgnine it should be for his Oscar winning performance in Marty. I've long made the contention that Earnest Borgnine has arguably the longest filmography among actors today, and seems to have worked every year of his long career. This guy has been in just about everything. So, I don't think he was really ever hard up for money at any given time. You could easily play the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon game in about 2 degrees with Earnest Borgnine.