1/60 VF-1 cockpit V2.5

takatoys

I just got the new 1/60 V2 VF-1S. I have not transformed it yet, but I think it looks perfect in fighter.

Until I saw the pilot and the cockpit and was really upset. I hate the pilot and "the hamster pose" and the seat is too forward.

Glad the whole nose is detachable so right out of the box I decided to make the modification. Unfortunately parts inside the cockpit were glued; but with patience and pushing back and forth, I could dismantle the whole cockpit. The attachment for the canopy had pins but was also glued. The only way to take it apart was to cut the pins with a very sharp knife. That did not bother me much cos it can be re glued without effort. I did not have to sculpt a new pilot, I had a few redesigned pilots from and old 1/55 project. The pilot fits nice with the seat pushed back. It only needs paint for completion.

post-708-1219681741_thumb.jpgpost-708-1219681777_thumb.jpgpost-708-1219681798_thumb.jpg

I just got the new 1/60 V2 VF-1S. I have not transformed it yet, but I think it looks perfect in fighter.

Until I saw the pilot and the cockpit and was really upset. I hate the pilot and "the hamster pose" and the seat is too forward.

Glad the whole nose is detachable so right out of the box I decided to make the modification. Unfortunately parts inside the cockpit were glued; but with patience and pushing back and forth, I could dismantle the whole cockpit. The attachment for the canopy had pins but was also glued. The only way to take it apart was to cut the pins with a very sharp knife. That did not bother me much cos it can be re glued without effort. I did not have to sculpt a new pilot, I had a few redesigned pilots from and old 1/55 project. The pilot fits nice with the seat pushed back. It only needs paint for completion.

Cool mod!!! It doesn't bother me enough to change mine though. ^_^

:ph34r:

Wonder if Graham will toss your mod Yamato's way.

That is the way a cockpit should look.

I have resisted the new 1/60 up to this point but the mods are making it more attractive.

Doubt it. According to Graham this is supposed to be the best of all versions "valkyrie".

Nice mod Takatoys.

sweet mod! Now roy doesn't look like some 80 year old grandma who for to wear her glasses at the wheel of a car she can barely drive.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah...that does look REALLY good! GREAT WORK Takatoys!

:ph34r: