Macross Zero BD/DVD Box Set

stray

I picked up the Macross Zero Blu-ray box set, and it's sitting at home waiting for me (sigh... at work right now) but I figured I'd see if anyone else picked up or is picking up the BD or DVD set. I can't wait 2 hours to go home for lunch for details!! Although, if I'm one of the few to pick it up, I'll probably post pics later.

I picked up the Macross Zero Blu-ray box set, and it's sitting at home waiting for me (sigh... at work right now) but I figured I'd see if anyone else picked up or is picking up the BD or DVD set. I can't wait 2 hours to go home for lunch for details!! Although, if I'm one of the few to pick it up, I'll probably post pics later.

My Blu-Ray set is waiting for me to pick it up at the Fed Ex depo. I'm looking forward so forward to seeing the first F-14/Sv-51 scene in HD! Have to see if I can get out there today, or if I have to do it tomorrow.

Figure I'll give the rundown...

No English subtitles (no surprise)

DD 5.1 + TrueHD audio

post-8071-1219438396_thumb.jpg

Crappy iPhone pic... Mostly line art booklet with some full color CG included. Very much reminds me of the Plus set but alot more colorful. Only played it for like 3-4 minutes but picture quality seemed solid.

Penguin - usually at my FedEx depot I can pick stuff up til 7pm... your results may vary though. This time I managed to have someone home to sign for it thankfully.

Edited by stray

Penguin - usually at my FedEx depot I can pick stuff up til 7pm... your results may vary though. This time I managed to have someone home to sign for it thankfully.

It's the same here - 7 PM. But, it's Friday at work... ripe for the inevitable 5 PM crisis that keeps me here til 8 PM. :rolleyes: At least they're open 'til 3 PM Saturday too, so it'll be in my hot little hands by tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

Edited by Penguin

The audio commentary is interesting... I didn't know the voice actor for Shin made his debut in Macross 7.... as the Emerald Force "redshirt" Morley/Morry!! Didn't he die after like two episodes??

Actually, Diamond Force. He came in mid-series and got drained of Spiritia in one of the last few episodes.

Guys, seriously. Next time Kawamori pops up at a con, and anyone from MW is in attendance, make sure he knows.

"We are American Macross fans, & we will import legit R2 products, but we need subtitles."

I can't believe no one asked a few years ago when he hit a MW panel at anime expo.

Isn't he going to do a movie version like he did with Plus?

In the commentary, he said "maybe". But that may have been just to shut up Shin's voice actor's incessant begging, which he's been doing since the special feature at the end of Zero ep.5. "Let's make a movie!! We wanna see a movie!! Come on!!"

Having said that, Kawamori did say that Zero was designed with a big screen in mind, which is why they put so much texture on the Valkyries.