Who had the manliest death in Macross?

manliest death  

141 members have voted

1. 1. which macross character had the manliest death?

• Roy Focker (SDFM)
    • Roy Focker (DYRL)
    • Guld Goa Bowman
    • D.D. Ivanova
    • Micheal Blanc
    • Gigile

AFAIK, there are no Tragic Heroine death on Macross universe right? :huh: Unlike Gundam UC where nearly all the female pilots are killed, Macross female pilots are capable to survive until the end, so Sheryl must became a VF-25 pilot ^_^

Does Laplamiz count...?

Probably not. :lol:

And yes...it's a Gundam rule: "NEWTYPE GIRLS MUST DIE!!"

AFAIK, there are no Tragic Heroine death on Macross universe right? :huh: Unlike Gundam UC where nearly all the female pilots are killed, Macross female pilots are capable to survive until the end, so Sheryl must became a VF-25 pilot ^_^

hey, i'd say Sharon Apple's death was a little tragic. death by valkyrie-powered lobotomy. :p

yeah, females have it good in the macross universe... so far...

I vote Michel's death as the most self sacrificing and tragic (nothing like being sucked out into space as you confess your love). But Im going to have to go with pilots who actually died by using their VF (Guld or Roy).

Guld, by a mile. If for some very strange reason you voted for Michel, go back and watch Plus again. Especially the movie version. Man, I just don't know how you could vote for anyone over Guld here.

Guld is very much my second, if only in the movie version.

Also, thanks for finally explaining GAR.

hey, i'd say Sharon Apple's death was a little tragic. death by valkyrie-powered lobotomy. :p

yeah, females have it good in the macross universe... so far...

What about Nora??!! Even though she was anti-UN I would not classify her as evil. She had a nasty end....

And I think that a vulture is sitting on Canaria's shoulder.

Taksraven

What about Nora??!! Even though she was anti-UN I would not classify her as evil. She had a nasty end....

And I think that a vulture is sitting on Canaria's shoulder.

Taksraven

oops. you're right. completely forgot about Nora! nasty but not tragic. but still, she should count as one of the few female deaths in macross.

and Raramia, actually.

and that random SMS raramia lookalike in episode 20.

and... grace? :p

on the other hand, i'd like to think that when it's time for leon to die, he'd squeal like a little girl. if he does, can we count him? hehe. :p

oops. you're right. completely forgot about Nora! nasty but not tragic. but still, she should count as one of the few female deaths in macross.

and Raramia, actually.

and that random SMS raramia lookalike in episode 20.

and... grace? :p

on the other hand, i'd like to think that when it's time for leon to die, he'd squeal like a little girl. if he does, can we count him? hehe. :p

Canaria is doomed now that they show her kid and husband?

Remember, the poll is about who had the manliest death in Macross. Although, there probably should be a poll with respect to the most tragic death. I think the spirit of the poll has been lost on some people. I guess each have their own definition of what is manly. The way I interpreted it was who probably had the most testosterone pumping through their veins at the time, who went out with the biggest bang, and who went out with the most gusto(for lack of a better word). I went for Guld for those reasons, but I wouldn't classify it as the most tragic or heartfelt.

Remember, the poll is about who had the manliest death in Macross. Although, there probably should be a poll with respect to the most tragic death. I think the spirit of the poll has been lost on some people. I guess each have their own definition of what is manly. The way I interpreted it was who probably had the most testosterone pumping through their veins at the time, who went out with the biggest bang, and who went out with the most gusto(for lack of a better word). I went for Guld for those reasons, but I wouldn't classify it as the most tragic or heartfelt.

I don't think that the spirit of the poll has been lost on people, I just think that people go off track with discussions. Nothing wrong with that. Forget about a poll for the most tragic death, we need one for the GIRLIEST death in Macross. :lol: :lol:

Taksraven