Klan Klan is her name

MisaForever

Ok, let's settle this once and for all. I have been around the net looking at Klan fan art and EVERY SINGLE PIC of her that has her name on it is spelled WRONG.

Some say "Klan Klein", others say "Klein Klan", now I see one that says "Klan Klang"!!!!! WTF!!!!!!! :lol:

I thought it was settled that in Japanese, her name was spelled Klan Klan. Are we CERTAIN that that is correct? :blink:

Japanese-speaking-reading people, I need your help here!!!! :lol:

Ok, let's settle this once and for all. I have been around the net looking at Klan fan art and EVERY SINGLE PIC of her that has her name on it is spelled WRONG.

Some say "Klan Klein", others say "Klein Klan", now I see one that says "Klan Klang"!!!!! WTF!!!!!!! :lol:

I thought it was settled that in Japanese, her name was spelled Klan Klan. Are we CERTAIN that that is correct? :blink:

Ok, her name is dupliticious so therefore klein klan or klang klein is out of the question, and I am positive her name is KLAN "KU-RAN" not "KU-RAI-N" or "KU-RAN-GU"

Therefore, her friggin name is KlanKlan. Did we really need a thread on this, or were you just venting?

God, she's hot tho.

Edited by RF-26AAC

Her name is クラン クラン, (Ku-ra-n Ku-ra-n). Japanese cannot spell out names like "Klan" or "Klein" or "Klang", instead you get a similar sounding aproximation. "Kuran" could be the resulting aproximation from any of the above examples, though in my opinion "Klan" is closest.

Her name is クラン クラン, (Ku-ra-n Ku-ra-n). Japanese cannot spell out names like "Klan" or "Klein" or "Klang", instead you get a similar sounding aproximation. "Kuran" could be the resulting aproximation from any of the above examples, though in my opinion "Klan" is closest.

no, you'd get the above katakanaizations if it were Klein or Klang, (ku-rai-n) and (ku-rein-gu)... but yes, Japanese language doesn't permit "ng" (thank god) or the "L" sound in general.

Without doubt, it's Klan.

no, you'd get the above katakanaizations if it were Klein or Klang, (ku-rai-n) and (ku-rein-gu)... but yes, Japanese language doesn't permit "ng" (thank god) or the "L" sound in general.

It all depends on how you pronounce the name rather than how you spell it (in english).

I just don't understand how people can misspell it like that. :angry: There are a ton of pics I'd like to have but they have her name spelled wrong on them in BIG LETTERS so it's like *shakes angry fist*

And yes, this does require a thread of it's own because it's KLAN and she is IMPORTANT. :D

Edited by MisaForever

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I laughed hard on this thread for no reason, I don't intend to insult you MisaForever, but this is just hilarious (:^0^).

Let see what I can do (enters Frankenstein lab and put 'do not disturb' sign on door)

Edited by Morpheus

I can imagine people misspelling it on purpose. Does't look good at work if you have a google search screen open filled with mentions of the KKK. Going to be hard to explain that you were looking for an anime character.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I laughed hard on this thread for no reason, I don't intend to insult you MisaForever, but this is just hilarious (:^0^).

Let see what I can do (enters Frankenstein lab and put 'do not disturb' sign on door)

*eyes Morpheus keenly* >_> :ph34r:

Not true. Look at "Myung" in Mac Plus, and although the guy's name is SUPPOSED to be "Jan," Manga Entertainment translated the YF-19's designer's name as "Yang." So it could indeed be Klan Klang, or Klang Klan, or Klang Klang.

All of those versions look pretty stupid, however.

Like I said in the art thread, Klan Klang sounds like Klan if she were a Klingon. I agree with MisaForever on this one, the name is Klan and that is how it is.

I SECOND THAT

Kult of Klan is a bit scary, at least to me. You boys need to take a cold shower.

(I am copyrighting the expression Kult of Klan, just in case it catches on. More appropriate than Klan of Klan)

Taksraven