The Megaroad crew and the original "Triangler"- why the hang

no no no that series that must not be named will never be spoken of. i would be happy with the megaroad being found a year after the dissappearance misa and hikaru returning to earth and growing old and gray on a farm with 7 color carrots and hippo cows. with an apartment over the garage for minmei to grow old int to.

With so much they could have done story wise it just seems like a horrible waste of good characters to say "they got lost".

I don't know to me it seems like their unwillingness to answer simply equates to apathy. You fail to tie up your lose strings, because you want to go on to bigger and better things, so you say they got lost. It just seems like following that course of action is something HG would use.

With so much they could have done story wise it just seems like a horrible waste of good characters to say "they got lost".

I don't know to me it seems like their unwillingness to answer simply equates to apathy. You fail to tie up your lose strings, because you want to go on to bigger and better things, so you say they got lost. It just seems like following that course of action is something HG would use.

So forget about it then. Nothing in the animation itself refers to them losing contact with earth. Flashback 2012 is the official ending of their story. BANG! No loose ends, no laziness. They take off in the Megaroad-01, Minmay bows, THE END.

Apocryphal story or not, fan whining or not, that doesn't change the fact that "they all went off in the Megaroad and lived happily ever after" is no longer the final word. The final word is that the fleet vanished and was never seen again. It's why people speculate on what happened to them. I don't know for certain, but I suspect if Tomino had answered with, "They never saw another combat mission again, they ended up finding a nice world to settle on 50 years later, and all three of them retired and settled down along with Minmei's husband," then this thread wouldn't exist.

But he didn't answer that, and so this thread does exist.

Yes it would, as Tomino had nothing to do with Macross. Now if the Hory Froating Head did...

(Gubaba @ Jul 29 2008, 01:24 PM) *

whereas Macross is, at heart, the story of three specific people. And if they're not there, it feels like going to a school reunion and finding out that none of your old best friends could make it.

dammit, i love this analogy. :D

Agree.

I still like to think there was another "big ass battle" where Hikaru, Misa and Minmay were all put to the test.

I like to think it's a fan-fic-fan's heaven. I like how they left it open.

Mr K can always come back to them.

More so he will re-visted Shin and Sara first though!

So forget about it then. Nothing in the animation itself refers to them losing contact with earth. Flashback 2012 is the official ending of their story. BANG! No loose ends, no laziness. They take off in the Megaroad-01, Minmay bows, THE END.

Exactly. If you can't stand it, disregard it as something SK said in a fit of frustration. what's dogma in an animated series, anyway? if you go by what you actually saw animated, then the last definitive word is Flashback 2012. perfect ending, i dare say. ^_^

Ok reading back, and taking into consideration the purpose of this thread at the start, it would seem most fingers are pointing at SK declaring the Megaroad's "disappearance near galactic center" as the culprit. hehe. at least, if this were a poll, he'd be leading. :p

Edited by dreamweaver13

Tomino? The Kill-Em-All Tomino in FlashBack? :blink:

Er... whoops... You know who I mean.

>.<

Except that Kawamori didn't want to do anything more with the characters. He was finished with them. That's why he made the "disappeared" comment, so that people would realize that he had no intention of returning to them. Not ever ever ever ever ever.

Unfortunately for me personally, the "disappeared" resolution leaves me with more questions than if the Flashback had been the last word.

It's amazing how much these characters still mean to the fans. It's 20 odd years and we still are debating their fates. :lol:

I don't know if the Japanese fans have bugged SK about the original triangler. They haven't been exposed to RT so if the fanbase in Japan was asking for more closure then I guess it's the characters. As been said before in this thread, nothing has been mentioned in any of the animation about the disappearance of the megaroad 01. DYRL/FB2012 gives a great open ending. In fact the intro of MF kind of confirms the DYRL/FB ending as you see the MR01 moving along just fine. The MR01 disappears slowly from view as the camera lens zooms in on the Frontier. Can't get more symbolic then that.

In a more practical sense it's quite possible that SK and Co don't really want to use the original three with the Big-West/Tatsunoko law suit. As far as I know Tatsunoko is now the owner of the original SDF Macross animation with Studio Nue owning the character and mecha designs. Why would Studio Nue/Bigwest want to respark interest in a production they don't own? Problem with this idea is that Max, Milia showed up in M7 and Roy in MZero connecting these series more strongly to SDFM.

It's amazing how much these characters still mean to the fans. It's 20 odd years and we still are debating their fates. :lol:

I don't know if the Japanese fans have bugged SK about the original triangler. They haven't been exposed to RT so if the fanbase in Japan was asking for more closure then I guess it's the characters. As been said before in this thread, nothing has been mentioned in any of the animation about the disappearance of the megaroad 01. DYRL/FB2012 gives a great open ending. In fact the intro of MF kind of confirms the DYRL/FB ending as you see the MR01 moving along just fine. The MR01 disappears slowly from view as the camera lens zooms in on the Frontier. Can't get more symbolic then that.

In a more practical sense it's quite possible that SK and Co don't really want to use the original three with the Big-West/Tatsunoko law suit. As far as I know Tatsunoko is now the owner of the original SDF Macross animation with Studio Nue owning the character and mecha designs. Why would Studio Nue/Bigwest want to respark interest in a production they don't own? Problem with this idea is that Max, Milia showed up in M7 and Roy in MZero connecting these series more strongly to SDFM.

I would say that the most practical reason for not dealing with them would be that Hikaru's voice actor is dead and Minmay's is living in Los Angeles.

I would say that the most practical reason for not dealing with them would be that Hikaru's voice actor is dead and Minmay's is living in Los Angeles.

I doubt having recordings done in LA is an issue. The death of Arihiro Hase is more problematic. I don't know how much value a studio places on using the same voice actors.

well in SDF Macross Misa, Hikaru, and Minmei were teenagers. by the time of frontier they would be in their 60s? i think they could safely use different voice actors safely.

P.S. if we can't see or learn of Misa, Hikaru and Minmei's fate can they at least have an extra 5 minutes at the end of the last episode of frontier showing Kaifun dying a slow horrible death? i'm watching macross again and i am really starting to remember why i hate him so because he is a huge @#$hat.

Edited by sucker4meltrans

Time outside folds goes much slower. I have been watching Macross again aswell and in First Contact Misa states that 1 hour in fold is roughly 10 days real time. So the crew of MR01 would have hardly aged in Macross Frontier if they spend like a month or two in fold since 2016. This could also explain why Milia and Max still look so young in M7.

and yes, I doubt anyone likes Linn Kaifun heh.

P.S. if we can't see or learn of Misa, Hikaru and Minmei's fate can they at least have an extra 5 minutes at the end of the last episode of frontier showing Kaifun dying a slow horrible death? i'm watching macross again and i am really starting to remember why i hate him so because he is a huge @#$hat.

With that I completely and enthusiastically agree! :D

One Kaifun, hanged, drawn and quartered please. :D

well in SDF Macross Misa, Hikaru, and Minmei were teenagers. by the time of frontier they would be in their 60s? i think they could safely use different voice actors safely.

The Voice Actor for Kaifun also died a few years ago...

And Mari Iijima's feelings about Minmay are...complex. Although she agreed to do the English dub, I'm not sure she'd go for a new Japanese series.

As for changing the voice actors...sure, for a game. But for an animated work? BEGONE, YE HERETIC!!

I still say a series about Miku Ichijyo would better than briging back the main three.

Ichijo Miku and best friend Lynn Hitomi, minmei's illegitemate daughter, father unknown... who just happens to develop a knack for circus flying around the age of 12.... :p

Ichijo Miku and best friend Lynn Hitomi, minmei's illegitemate daughter, father unknown... who just happens to develop a knack for circus flying around the age of 12.... :p

And then they meet Achilles Focker (origin unknown), Komiria's born-out-of-wedlock son, Izzy Jenius, some doof named Takeyou Kakizaki, and a singer named Jia Qi Dyson, who has a rivalry with another singer, Juliette Nekki. They fly the First-Generation Macross-Class Cruiser "Maistroff," and fight against giant aliens called the Hentradi. It'll be great. :rolleyes:

And then they meet Achilles Focker (origin unknown), Komiria's born-out-of-wedlock son, Izzy Jenius, some doof named Takeyou Kakizaki, and a singer named Jia Qi Dyson, who has a rivalry with another singer, Juliette Nekki. They fly the First-Generation Macross-Class Cruiser "Maistroff," and fight against giant aliens called the Hentradi. It'll be great. :rolleyes:

LOL!!

wow, that is so freaking awesome, i'm geekin out. there's just no emoticon to describe it. :o

But don't you forget their online navigation computer... Fiona Apple. ;)

Damn you...you made me snort! :lol:

I aim to please... or at least to make people snort. that's good enough. ^_^

So looks like we have a WINNER plotline here! Quick, shoji kawamori, read here NOW!! this is your newest macross series right here! haha. quick, before Harmony Gold uses it! :lol:

Seems the source for the disapearance of the megaroad01 is a mail-in-gift for a video game. Guess I'll stick to the Macross Flashback 2012 ending.

It's in the february section of the feedback: Compendium

Love SK reply though: What is the fate of the original three? "God knows"

Edited by Bri

Seems the source for the disapearance of the megaroad01 is a mail-in-gift for a video game. Guess I'll stick to the Macross Flashback 2012 ending.

It's in the february section of the feedback: Compendium

Love SK reply though: What is the fate of the original three? "God knows"

Well, I'll be...we've been blaming the Froating Head for nothing, all this time...