Max VF-1S

MacrossMan

It is when Hikaru and Misa are back aboard the SDF-1. It is the scene that follows when Kakazaki buys the farm (blown up, killed, shot down, kicks the bucket, etc.) at that point. You see Max and Millia get it on (fight wise for you gutter minded fellow MWers :p) and Max follows her to her ship as they duke it out in CQC (Close Quarters Combat).

It is when Hikaru and Misa are back aboard the SDF-1. It is the scene that follows when Kakazaki buys the farm (blown up, killed, shot down, kicks the bucket, etc.) at that point. You see Max and Millia get it on (fight wise for you gutter minded fellow MWers :p) and Max follows her to her ship as they duke it out in CQC (Close Quarters Combat).

Damn, just when I thought I was finished with the 1/48's. So I'm assuming this is a custom where you just replace the head right? Yamato never sold this Max's DYRL VF-1S and only his VF-1A right?

I thnk it's kinda silly for Yamato not to release the obvious schemes like the Max 1S, Max and Kaizaki TV schemes 1As. I mean they're done with the bulk of it and they're obviously just milking the molds and they sell out eventually... it's just crazy.

Here's my Max custom with TH proto:

img2983sx1.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

I thnk it's kinda silly for Yamato not to release the obvious schemes like the Max 1S, Max and Kaizaki TV schemes 1As. I mean they're done with the bulk of it and they're obviously just milking the molds and they sell out eventually... it's just crazy.

img2983sx1.jpg

I have to agree. I would like to have all variants of the 1/48's and I imagine there are other collectors who would like to see them. Anywho, how difficult is the head replacement mod? And I guess the next question is where do I get the head in its already painted ready to mount condition?

I just took mine off another 1S. I think Silverdragon has 1S head recasting listed on his service. I'm not sure if he does color matching though.

There's an option for a "valk. white" head and a "white for customizing" head. I believe but am not certain and will not know until I receive mine that the "valk white" will match the VF-1A's white color just fine.

:ph34r:

There's an option for a "valk. white" head and a "white for customizing" head. I believe but am not certain and will not know until I receive mine that the "valk white" will match the VF-1A's white color just fine.

Cool man! Let me know when you get yours and I will order one for myself. Sucks that I have to get Max VF-1A's though. I figure I've gotten this close to having them all that I may as well get him too.

:wacko:

OO

Cool man! Let me know when you get yours and I will order one for myself. Sucks that I have to get Max VF-1A's though. I figure I've gotten this close to having them all that I may as well get him too.

OO

Do you have 1 Max VF-1A already? If not....guess you'll need 2 eh?!? ;) It will be worth it to have a 1S Max.

Damn, just when I thought I was finished with the 1/48's. So I'm assuming this is a custom where you just replace the head right? Yamato never sold this Max's DYRL VF-1S and only his VF-1A right?

That is correct. To make the custom is to take the VF-1S Head and the 001 wing. Then take Max VF-1A and remove the 1A head and wing with 013 and replace the VF-1S head and 001 wing. You need to pain the arrows on the VF-1S head. There you go: a custom VF-1S.

That is correct. To make the custom is to take the VF-1S Head and the 001 wing. Then take Max VF-1A and remove the 1A head and wing with 013 and replace the VF-1S head and 001 wing. You need to pain the arrows on the VF-1S head. There you go: a custom VF-1S.

Not proper. I thought it was just a matter of swapping the heads. I'm gonna have to watch DYRL tonight when the family goes to sleep.

Do you have 1 Max VF-1A already? If not....guess you'll need 2 eh?!? ;) It will be worth it to have a 1S Max.

Nah bro, I don't have the Max yet. I was looking at buying two of them, but it looks like the mod is more entailed than I envisioned and I'll need another Roy along with a Max. It looks like I might be dipping my stick into the world of customization; especially if it's just a matter of removing and re-attaching pieces to another bird. Hopefully it's not too difficult. I still have some rusty old masking and air brushing skills from my days of building and racing 1/10 scale 2WD electric buggies and trucks...sheesh that's been since 1994 when I last did that!

Gotta have that Max VF-1S though!

B))

OO

Edited by MacrossMan

heres my custom max 1S that i got from fellow member 1 VF-1 2NV......props to him

gallery_53_48_107999.jpg

Yeah Vegas I was checking out your display earlier today and noticed this Valk. I had seen a couple before this and then that's when I thought to myself is there a "production" Max VF-1S I missed some where. But see what I'm talking about man??? You lucked up and got the luxury of buying one already done. Here this ole "Buck Nasty" Ballchinian is over here trying figure out how to modify and customize one on his one.

Yeah, I'm hatin on ya bro...in a fun joking type of way!

:lol:

OO

Nah bro, I don't have the Max yet. I was looking at buying two of them, but it looks like the mod is more entailed than I envisioned and I'll need another Roy along with a Max. It looks like I might be dipping my stick into the world of customization; especially if it's just a matter of removing and re-attaching pieces to another bird. Hopefully it's not too difficult. I still have some rusty old masking and air brushing skills from my days of building and racing 1/10 scale 2WD electric buggies and trucks...sheesh that's been since 1994 when I last did that!

B))

OO

The only hard part will be the wing numbers I think. I'm not sure how hard that will be though. GOOD LUCK!

OO

Not proper. I thought it was just a matter of swapping the heads. I'm gonna have to watch DYRL tonight when the family goes to sleep.

Oh yeah... that's right... forgot that it has to be the 001 wings and stuff. They never showed max-1S with Fast Packs so you can skip that, fortunately.

B))

OO

Dude, you need a phillps head screw driver. Easy to unscrew the wing and the VF-1 series head. No painting needed unless you want the arrows on the VF-1S head to be blue. I have 2 of them which one I did my self. The other was from Chowser and it was stickered up. Remember you need a VF-1S Roy or Hikaru since there was 2 versions of the VF-s out there. Or do more work here: buy one of the VF-1S head recasts (which I have) and paint it. For the wing: scrap the numbers off and use the yammie stickers of 001 similar to what I did with my custom Kakazaki (I used the 012 number).

Yeah Vegas I was checking out your display earlier today and noticed this Valk. I had seen a couple before this and then that's when I thought to myself is there a "production" Max VF-1S I missed some where. But see what I'm talking about man??? You lucked up and got the luxury of buying one already done. Here this ole "Buck Nasty" Ballchinian is over here trying figure out how to modify and customize one on his one.

Yeah, I'm hatin on ya bro...in a fun joking type of way!

:lol:

OO

Ill be hatin you too when you get your low vis with custom FP's :lol:

Dude, you need a phillps head screw driver. Easy to unscrew the wing and the VF-1 series head. No painting needed unless you want the arrows on the VF-1S head to be blue. I have 2 of them which one I did my self. The other was from Chowser and it was stickered up. Remember you need a VF-1S Roy or Hikaru since there was 2 versions of the VF-s out there. Or do more work here: buy one of the VF-1S head recasts (which I have) and paint it. For the wing: scrap the numbers off and use the yammie stickers of 001 similar to what I did with my custom Kakazaki (I used the 012 number).

I see. According to your description it doesn't sound as difficult as I am thinking. The thing with me is I have a problem with disassembling $100 toys for the sake of trial and error. If it's as simple as described I'll probably give it a go...or just look for one that's for sale. Either way I have what I need to get the Max 1S.

As always, thanks for the info guys. Now if I can just find some 1/48 DYRL hands!

Ill be hatin you too when you get your low vis with custom FP's :lol:

Ha! Nothing like mutual Ballchinian hatin! I'm pretty stoked about that thing too. Can't wait to get it. Hope looks as good in person as it does in the pics. I'm still blown away by the fact that there are people out here with the skills to do this kind of custom work! I bought the thing for the fast packs only really; they are sick!!!

:blink:

OO

Ha! Nothing like mutual Ballchinian hatin! I'm pretty stoked about that thing too. Can't wait to get it. Hope looks as good in person as it does in the pics. I'm still blown away by the fact that there are people out here with the skills to do this kind of custom work! I bought the thing for the fast packs only really; they are sick!!!

:blink:

OO

try getting a vf-1s head to go with your incoming low vis......that will be awesome VF-1S LOW VIS!

try getting a vf-1s head to go with your incoming low vis......that will be awesome VF-1S LOW VIS!

Now that's buck wild! I'm actually two steps ahead of you! I just looked at this and I am in the middle of creating an order with SilverDragon; pain-stakingly copying and pasting my order in Microsoft Word!!! Get outta my head man! That's how you beat the dealers in Vegas! You're a flippin mind reader holmes!!

OO

Get outta my head man! That's how you beat the dealers in Vegas! You're a flippin mind reader holmes!!

OO

LOL

i hope this time yamato gets to do a max vf-1s on the new 1/60 version......SERIOUSLY

As most have said already, relatively easy to make custom if you have all the parts. Can be done with some painting and stickers or if you're a perfectionist, then swap parts between two Valkyries and just repaint only the arrow on the head.

I need to finish my second Max 1S and will some pictures later.

wow, two pages and no one's arguing about what color the heat shield should be :)

I made my Max 1S putting a Roy 1S head and wing on the Max 1A. I don't remember who I sold it to, I also had Kurt do a Max-1A TV custom, which was sold as well.

I might do the Max 1S with the 1/60 versions when they come out since I did it with the original 1/60s as well :)

wow, two pages and no one's arguing about what color the heat shield should be :)

I made my Max 1S putting a Roy 1S head and wing on the Max 1A. I don't remember who I sold it to, I also had Kurt do a Max-1A TV custom, which was sold as well.

I might do the Max 1S with the 1/60 versions when they come out since I did it with the original 1/60s as well :)

Ummm guilty as charged here. You sold that bad boy to me. :D I love the stickering of it. You sold it to me. I still want the Max -1A TV and Kakazaki 1A TV. It would be nice to get a 1/60 VF-1S Max to put against Millia's red Q-rau.

Actually no real argument about the heatshield. It is black in the animation, however, why would Hikaru get the red heat shield when he as the VF-1S? Simple ruled as animation error, right?

Edit: Add the heatshield comment.

Edited by Godzilla

img2983sx1.jpg

pfft! just looking for any excuse to show off that armor huh! :p