Macross Zero Destroid

Graham

Thats called fan-service. Millia fans would cry havok if they were to shove Milian into a cluttered flight suit. <_<

*waits for Vostok to agree*

...what was that?

Oh... Yes, I agree!!

<_<

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

still weird she ages gracefully...

It's wierded with max, actually. Meltran blood in millia makes sense, but Max doesn't look 50.

Bah! By now you ppl should know that teenage anime characters are older then they look and senior anime characters are older then they look. <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

Also, what bugs me in the Macross universe is the uniforms and pilot suits change with every friggin' series ? God knows Gundam has his continuity problems, but the fact the Feddies keep the same uniform for decades and decades is a very nice touch. For example, it would have been a nice touch to see Isamu or Gamlin wear a slightly updated version of Hikaru's uniform.

Well colony fleets aside the ship captain's uniforms have been pretty consitent, white trousers, dark blue overcoat and white cap. Only big thing I've really noticed is the UN emblem in the cap of the later uniforms.

Looks to me like this Destroid is either the Mark I, II or III of the Tomahawk. As the Tomahawk we all know and love is actually the Mark IV. Although this particular destroid looks quite different from the Mark IV it still has a large number of similarities, especially when compared to any of the other destroids.

Has anyone been able to translate the text ??

Also, what bugs me in the Macross universe is the uniforms and pilot suits change with every friggin' series ? God knows Gundam has his continuity problems, but the fact the Feddies keep the same uniform for decades and decades is a very nice touch. For example, it would have been a nice touch to see Isamu or Gamlin wear a slightly updated version of Hikaru's uniform.

Well colony fleets aside the ship captain's uniforms have been pretty consitent, white trousers, dark blue overcoat and white cap. Only big thing I've really noticed is the UN emblem in the cap of the later uniforms.

Well, the Colony fleets make sense. The military has mode of a 'cruise ship' thing going, to put the civilians more at ease. I imagine that the colony fleet defense forces are even considered a seperate branch of the military than the dedicated military fleets.

But the pilot jumpsuits do seem to change with every new Macross game. Not a lot, but ever so slightly. Between M3 and Macross Plus they still have the shoulder pads from 'DYRL?', but once you get to VF-X and VF-X2 the pilot outfits change more radically.

I was thinking that the Macross 7 pilot outfits seem more closely related to the Flashback pilot outfit, which makes sense, if the colony fleets have thier own uniforms that are supposed to look more friendly.

Well, the Colony fleets make sense. The military has mode of a 'cruise ship' thing going, to put the civilians more at ease. I imagine that the colony fleet defense forces are even considered a seperate branch of the military than the dedicated military fleets.

But the pilot jumpsuits do seem to change with every new Macross game. Not a lot, but ever so slightly. Between M3 and Macross Plus they still have the shoulder pads from 'DYRL?', but once you get to VF-X and VF-X2 the pilot outfits change more radically.

I was thinking that the Macross 7 pilot outfits seem more closely related to the Flashback pilot outfit, which makes sense, if the colony fleets have thier own uniforms that are supposed to look more friendly.

That makes sense. And not only are the uniforms more frienly looking, they are more styled, and clearly designed with appearance in mind.

Whats up with the wheels? Does it rooler skate like Heavygear or Votoms  :p

They... most likely the legs weren't strong enough to carry the weight of the destroid, so the wheels would help to move it around, while leg movements would be used for smaller movements, such as correcting aim or something.

Coupled with the bosoters on the back, it would probably help the destroids cover great distances faster than if they had walked or even tried running. If the Macross destroids could run.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but this Destroid appears to be semi-transformable. At the back of the knees are additional wheels that would never come into contact with the ground in its present mode, and at the back of the weapon arms are fists/hands.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but this Destroid appears to be semi-transformable. At the back of the knees are additional wheels that would never come into contact with the ground in its present mode, and at the back of the weapon arms are fists/hands.

It looks like that extra wheel is up when it walks around, but when it rolls, the back section of the leg swings down and the wheel makes contact with the ground and creates a larger and more stable surface to roll around on.

It looks like that extra wheel is up when it walks around, but when it rolls, the back section of the leg swings down and the wheel makes contact with the ground and creates a larger and more stable surface to roll around on.

Hell I was thinking the same thing.

I think the legs fold and then the two wheels serve as a way for the Destroid to be like an armoured vehicle , kinda rudimentary which makes it more retro than advanced IMO.

• 2 months later...