Tired of Yamato toy complaints on the forum?

physioguy

Yamato QC and other complaints  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you tired of reading Yamato complaints on the MW Forums?

• Yes, it makes MW less enjoyable
    • No, it is informative and doesn't phase me
  2. 2. Overall, are you happy with Yamato and their Macross toy production??

• Yes
    • Undecided
    • No

I'd like to add that I would prefer the complaints to be separated from one's love or hatred of a particular company. I hate it when it read something like:

"Oh look, crappy design by Company A, as usual they are the suck, I hate them. Company B rulz"

or

"Oh another QC problem by Company A, as usual they are the suck, I hate them. Company B rulz"

I also don't like it too much when I see products unfairly and overly pre-judged on prototypes (see GNU-do, new 1/60 VF-1, DX VF-25)

Edited by Vifam7

I also don't like it too much when I see products unfairly and overly pre-judged on prototypes (see GNU-do, new 1/60 VF-1, DX VF-25)

I agree in general... such as when people start to nit pick stuff like paint apps, stickers/tampo based on prototypes but from everything we've seen, by the time a company starts showing prototypes to conventions, magazines, etc... the basic stuff like proportions, mechanics and shape are pretty much what we'll get in the final version. MP 03 is probably the only recent toy that I know of where there major changes to the sculpt done after an initial prototype was released. And even there, the basic proportions and transformation weren't changed, only the location of kibble.

I agree in general... such as when people start to nit pick stuff like paint apps, stickers/tampo based on prototypes but from everything we've seen, by the time a company starts showing prototypes to conventions, magazines, etc... the basic stuff like proportions, mechanics and shape are pretty much what we'll get in the final version. MP 03 is probably the only recent toy that I know of where there major changes to the sculpt done after an initial prototype was released. And even there, the basic proportions and transformation weren't changed, only the location of kibble.

Right on. Prototypes are fair game if you keep in mind that it will look different painted and transformed correctly. Unless it's just a mock-up, like the very early VF-0 prototype from Yamato (Remember that one? It was based on the 1/48). But modern transforming toy prototypes rarely change at all.

You know the real question should be whether yamato would even have complaints if there was nothing to complain about?

Not the complainers in question. There will always be complainers. Welcome to the internet.

I didn't like the small hands on the 1/48, the non-locking chest on the yf-19, or the lack of tampo printing on the vb-6. But rather than say: stop complaining about it, it's tiring! Why can't the company just listen to the complaint so that there is none?

People wouldn't waste their time complaining if they didn't think it was worth complaining about. The thing we all want is for the toys we buy to meet whatever demands we have of them and hope the standards are improved, so that there aren't future reasons to complain when others buy the toys and have to suffer with the problems. So I think if the complaints are for a worthy cause it would eventually lead in the long term, to lessening the complaints.

Once each problem is fixed one by one, and the mistakes are not repeated, but corrected instead, then gradually there will be no complaints as the standards increase and fans are happy with the toy they spent huge sums of money for.

See, I would much rather have a company fixing the problems complained about; and suffer having to read through all the non-valid complaints (bitching about insignificant stuff) on a forum with hundred of fans, than to just accept that the problems won't be fixed and be on a forum which is organised and where threads have to be censored and checked for "bitchiness" levels.

Not that I'm condoning repetitive bitching of the same problem millions of times, but more that I just think the good complainers outweigh the bad complainers in this case, and I would prefer that the complaints are addressed so the good complainers don't have to keep up the complaining and upsetting the people who don't have anyhting to complain about. (ie all those people who were lucky and didn't get say a hip breakage or a shoulder crack and who just want a peaceful, easy-to-read forum because it hasn't happened to them yet. Which in a way is a bit selfish: in life you just have to learn to get along with people you don't like personally for the benefit of others who want the right to be able to voice their concerns, and not because you want to bend your knee to the annoying ones who abuse that right)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker