Macross Frontier Ring Tones

USCOLMRNE

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. I created a few myself. They'er on my other PC or phone though. I'll see about uploading them if anyone's interested.

Currently I have

Nyan Nyan (Ranka CM vers)

Don't be Late

and Infinity (my favorite of the bunch).

Though I'm not using them until I'm done with my Indiana Jones theme (except Nyan Nyan for one undeserving of Indy).

I plan on cutting Ninjin Loves you, Yeah; Ranka episode 1 Nyan Nyan, and maybe Diamond Crevasse and Macross Frontier 2059. Any other requests can probably be accommodated. note that I like to cut them a bit long, and they're tailored for my w580i.

Wes, which version and verse of Voices would you like? I'll see what I can do.

Again, nice work, USCOLMRNE. Don't mean to steal your thunder.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

• 1 month later...
Here is a ringtone I made in Garage Band, the quality may vary by phone but toogle the settings if you have to edit it.

Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late

Hope you enjoy it.

As well if anybody could make a decent version of any of the Sheryl songs for ringtones please post them.

Thanks for the contribution, though it could use a tiny bit of cropping at the start.

As for Sheryl songs, several have already been posted. I posted two myself. How are they not decent? :mellow:

Thanks for the contribution, though it could use a tiny bit of cropping at the start.

As for Sheryl songs, several have already been posted. I posted two myself. How are they not decent? :mellow:

Well your version is very good but the file size is too big for my phone to even use it as a ringtone. That is why I made that version.

I mentioned when i posted it that i cut them long. My phone has it's limits too, and doesn't even play it all. Anyone wanting to use them need merely tell me your size limit, and I'll see what i can do. Though I'm on a new PC, and my audio editing equipment isn't up yet. I don't use Garageband (I'm on a VAIO after all), but it couldn't cut it done or scale the size?

Requests are still open, just tell me your limits.

What phone do you use Dervish?

Well idk about the program you use but in garage band I can cut the songs down to the size and send them as mp3s via itunes to my phone with bluetooth. Macs are amazing when it comes to media stuff.

But I do have a request I want a cut of What 'bout my star? and the limit my phone will take is 0.2MB.

I can cut them exactly with any number of programs, free or pay, encode them precisely, and send them to my phone via a million-times-faster-than-bluetooth data cable, no draconian iTunes required. PCs are amazing and wonderfully flexible when it comes to just about anything. ^_-

Now that I've got that out of my system...

Which version, any particular part, and length or quality preferred? The kb limit would be more helpful, so I'll base it off your file.

What phone do you have, Hornet? They're all different. Easiest methods would be data cable, memory card, and finally bluetooth.

I need to reinstall.

For the What 'bout My Star? cut it needs to be between 220- 256KB. I have an AT&T LG Shine the amount of memory it can hold sucks for ringtones. Part wise I would like some of the main chorus and a verse if you can do it. As well how do I download the ringtones off of this website using my mac.

Oh and to clear up one more thing Garage Band just sends it to Itunes I send it via bluetooth and it take only 7-10 seconds to download... :lol: so it is faster than most.

And just for sampling this is a cut of What 'bout My Star? I did...

What___bout_My_Star_.mp3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If someone could turn Bobby's 'Ninjins Loves You Yeah!" into a message tone I'd be very happy :D

Yeah, in the music thread we were discussing if anyone can put out a good quality MP3 of the Bobby renditions of Nyan Nyan, Ninji-n Loves You Yeah!, and Watshi no Karo wa Pilot. It is my understanding that these were only available for download to cell phones. I assume to be used as a ringtone and only in Japan of course. So, can anyone of you die hard Macross fans in Japan download them to your cell phone and upload them to your computer? It would be much appreciated. :D

I can crop the Youtuve audio if no one minds the quality.

Apologies for my distracted nature at coming back to this thread.

It may be worth the time if you can figure out how to clean it up a bit. I would personally wait to see if a later OST will have it as a bonus track or something.

By the way, I use the Fast Video Download plug-in for Firefox to grab the video from YouTube. Then I extract the audio as an MP3 via VLC media player. I am curious to learn other methods. What do you do to extract video and audio from YouTube or similar sites?

I could try to clean them up a bit. For a ringtone, it should be fine.

I had no idea VLC could be used in such a manner. Maybe because I use MPC for FLVs.

As for acquiring them, I use Download-Helper. It works quite well, and will even name the file for you.

For extracting the audio, I use FLVextract. Its a really simple program to use. Just drag and drop.

Here are some mp3 files you can use for ringtones. I apologize for the quality, but the source was already pretty bad. I did my best to clean them up, but I am really a novice at it. Also, I don't have super advanced audio software either.

Nyan Nyan CM Song - Bobby Version

Nyan_Nyan_CM_Song___Bobby.mp3

Ninji-n Love You Yeah! - Bobby Version

Ninji_n_Loves_You_yeah____Bobby.mp3

Watashi no Kare wa Pilot - Bobby Version

My_Boyfriend_is_a_Pilot___Bobby.mp3

Here are some mp3 files you can use for ringtones. I apologize for the quality, but the source was already pretty bad. I did my best to clean them up, but I am really a novice at it. Also, I don't have super advanced audio software either.

Nyan Nyan CM Song - Bobby Version

Nyan_Nyan_CM_Song___Bobby.mp3

Ninji-n Love You Yeah! - Bobby Version

Ninji_n_Loves_You_yeah____Bobby.mp3

Watashi no Kare wa Pilot - Bobby Version

My_Boyfriend_is_a_Pilot___Bobby.mp3

Cool, but those are massive! Even my phone wouldn't take those, and it has a generous limit. How'd they get that size? The audio i ripped from the video for Nyan Nyan and Ninjin wasn't even 900k. Not bad cleanup.

Here's my attempts. I tried enhancing Nyan Nyan. It's pretty much a lost cause. Sorry if it's a bit tinny.

Nyan_Nyan___Bobby.mp3

Instead of barking off nonsense in these threads, thought I share a coupe of tips to help everyone out.

Q: I have such and such phone from such and such network....will it play the ringtones?

A: Depends on your phone. Many of the newer phones have mp3 compatability....those phones are most likely play the ringtones on this forum. There are also different formats a phone may recognize: .WAV or .ACC for the ringtones.

Q: My phone plays Mp3 ringtones, but i don't know how to get them on there.

A: There are a few ways to get them on. The easiest way is to use a computer and store the files onto the removable storage disk(i.e. memory stick, SD card etc). Another way is to "Link" your phone with the computer and "transfer" the files via USB cable. A phone that can "link" to a computer usually has a program that can be installed onto your computer so that it can recognize the phone(contains neccesary drivers). When all else fails, you can use my ghetto method: Tell someone else to download the file onto their phone, then either bluetooth transfer to your phone or send via SMS message.....then save it to your phone.

Q: Ok...I have the file. Why can't it play? Or my phone does not recognize the file?

A: Buying a phone from a network means 2 things.....first the phone is "branded" and second, the phone is full of programs that hinder the phones full potential(meaning: if you want working ringtones...the network wants you to buy them from their wireless store instead of transfering onto the phone). Ask your network. Or try getting an unlocked phone....works for me and I'm never going back to "branded" phones. Nokia N95 FTW!!!!

Q: My phone emits a evil wailing sound and leaks bloody liquid.

A: Your phone is probably cursed/possessed....let go of phone and run away. Seek religious/spiritual help immediately.

thanx for the tones..............For further assistance just PM me

Thanks for the input. I've been trying to put that in myself. Every phone also tends to have a filesize limit imposed by a carrier. I'm using a Sony Ericsson W580i from ATT, and it won't take anything over 500kb. My friend has an unlocked one, and it'll take anything.

Here's Bobby's Ninjin. It's not as much of a lost cause as Nyan Nyan.

First one is the first verse for those that like Ranka bubbly. Second is the end for those that prefer his manly passion!

Carrot_Loves_you_yeah____Bobby.mp3

Carrot_Loves_you_yeah_2____Bobby.mp3

Cool, but those are massive! Even my phone wouldn't take those, and it has a generous limit. How'd they get that size? The audio i ripped from the video for Nyan Nyan and Ninjin wasn't even 900k. Not bad cleanup.

Here's my attempts. I tried enhancing Nyan Nyan. It's pretty much a lost cause. Sorry if it's a bit tinny.

Nyan_Nyan___Bobby.mp3

Sorry about the file size. I extracted the audio from the video source without trying to compress it or anything. I probably had the bit rate maxed from a previous project. The source was so bad I didn't want it to get any worse. I was really just trying to put something out as clean as I can get it. I suppose you still need to do a bit of work to compress it further and possibly clip it to a length more appropriate for a ringtone. Thanks for taking it a step further.

What phone do you use Dervish?

Sorry for the delay in reply!

I have the cheapest Verizon phone they give to new customers. So I'd just like to find the cheapest phone that allows MP3 ringtones, preferably something that plays entire songs since I don't even have a portable mp3 player :p

• 5 months later...
Verizon's a bitch when it comes to this stuff. As for a good mp3 phone, I'm really liking my Sony.

Yes, same here. That's the only gripe I have with them, everything else is great. There are ways to get around it, and depending what phone you have, you can use a USB cable with a free program called Bitpim to get the ringtones onto your phone. you can use bluetooth with said program as well but it's a bitch to get working...

Also, you know what's a good ringtone to have? The short "Do You Remember Love?" section in the Nyan Nyan Service Medley... Gonna try and isolate that part from the rest of the song someday.

Nice desten. I converted it to mp3 for those that can use it and boosted the volume.

shiroikaze, I remember my friend having so much trouble getting stuff on his Verizon RAZR back in the day. Though now, the only thing harder is getting stuff on my sister's lame iPhone. ^_^

What are the limits of your phone? I'll see about cutting it.

Ranka_sms.mp3