First vf-1 Recommendations

see_kay

I do not think that the 1/48 do get yellow tongue.gif

Yamato 1/48 or future 1/60 V2 are the real VF-1

they do look like a VF-1 and not a plane with legs and arms wacko.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif

As good as they are, Yamato as a whole still has a long way to go to match the durability of the 1/55. Whose shadow was Yamato living in for years? BANDAI. The 1/55 fighter mode does not look like a plane with legs and arms, the only dead give away is the head, and even the 1/48 VF-1S couldn't get past that either.

laugh.gif The 1/55 is all powerful. More people will understand this eventually.

ph34r.gif

1/55 FTGDMF'NW

I'm of the opinion that everyones first valk should be a Bandai 1/55 chunky! They are just so 'playable' and you never have to worry about breaking it either.. just worry about it breaking you (dont drop it on your foot or anything.. oh and watch those landing gears! :lol: )

But, here is another alternative for you... this sale has just started, and at these prices i think EVERYONE can agree its a no brainer!

mega cheap 1/48

Good luck in whatever you decide.

EDIT- spelling doh

Edited by vermillion01

As good as they are, Yamato as a whole still has a long way to go to match the durability of the 1/55. Whose shadow was Yamato living in for years? BANDAI. The 1/55 fighter mode does not look like a plane with legs and arms, the only dead give away is the head, and even the 1/48 VF-1S couldn't get past that either.

1/55 FTGDMF'NW

Meh... bandai didn't even design the 1/55 chunky and the valks that Bandai have design, the yamato equivalents blow them clean out of the water.

I'm of the opinion that everyones first valk should be a Bandia 1/55 chunky! They are just so 'playable' and you never have to worry about breaking it either.. just worry about it breaking you (dont drop it on your foot or anything.. oh and watch those landing gears! :lol: )

But, here is another alternative for you... this sale has just started, and at these prices i think EVERYONE can agree its a no brainer!

mega cheap 1/48

Good luck in whatever you decide.

That's true.....that is HELLA CHEAP!

:ph34r:

the yamato equivalents blow them clean out of the water.

Psssshhhhhh there is no equivalent to the awesomeness of the bandai 1/55 ^_^

Meh... bandai didn't even design the 1/55 chunky and the valks that Bandai have design, the yamato equivalents blow them clean out of the water.

Still a great toy to start the guy out with though. Like I've said earlier, if he wants more detail and aesthetic, it can only get better from there...

As for durability(which is important to me), I am still waiting for someone to make a VF-1 with the indestructability of the VF-1, and the aesthetic of Yamato.

Oh, and welcome to Macross World, where every thread is a landmine... you can enter or open one and ........ KAPOW its all about the bitching! :p

Seriously, take a look here macross toys and decied what you want first. Tough and durable (bandai 1/55) or steaming hot looks and slightly more fragile (Yamato 1/48, 1/60)

NOTE - hey guys, although it always amuses me, this guy just wanted some honest advice... not another debate lol :p

Oh, and welcome to Macross World, where every thread is a landmine... you can enter or open one and ........ KAPOW its all about the bitching! :p

Seriously, take a look here macross toys and decied what you want first. Tough and durable (bandai 1/55) or steaming hot looks and slightly more fragile (Yamato 1/48, 1/60)

NOTE - hey guys, although it always amuses me, this guy just wanted some honest advice... not another debate lol :p

Good point of looking in the toys section. I did'nt even think about that. You should know by now mate...even if the guy would have said "I don't want a debate" there would of still been one. :lol: That's the sad thing about it. ^_^

^^^ old and busted.

Actually that was the 2002 version so not old. And it surely wasn't busted. :lol:

I do however agree that the 1/48 is sexy.

Edited by misterryno

ok where is Chunky ???? I need to blow the fake VF-1........

:p:p

Ummmmmmm what?!? :blink:

:lol::lol::lol: just playin.....I gotcha.....BTW.....that's a cool pose. Looks like it's clobberin time.

<_< Right, right, right...

Some day I will understand the 1/XX scheme :lol:

But, anyway, it's so FSCK beautiful *.*

1/48 = 48 times smaller than what an actual VF-1 would be.

1/60 = 60 times smaller than what an actual VF-1 would be.

1/55 = 55 times smaller than what an actual VF-1 would be.

the bigger the denominator, the smaller the toy... hence the 1/144s are tinee tiny... the 1/48 stands to be 10.5 inches and the 1/60 stand to be about 7"?(I'm guessing here)

1/48 = 48 times smaller than what an actual VF-1 would be.

1/60 = 60 times smaller than what an actual VF-1 would be.

1/55 = 55 times smaller than what an actual VF-1 would be.

the bigger the denominator, the smaller the toy... hence the 1/144s are tinee tiny... the 1/48 stands to be 10.5 inches and the 1/60 stand to be about 7"?(I'm guessing here)

Ohh guy, I'm feeling stupid. I had completely forgot the Math ¬¬'

Sorry, but please don't be so evil with me *crying eyes* I'm just an innocent n00b who loves Macross :rolleyes:

Sorry, but please don't be so evil with me *crying eyes* I'm just an innocent n00b who loves Macross :rolleyes:

Ooooohhhh trust me pal........no ones being mean......yet. :D

That was exo being kind. :ph34r:

Welcome to MacrossWorld! Where the learning curve is steep and the flame wars run hot! :lol:

Actually, our flame wars are still fairly civil.. but we will debate minutia to death and then dig it up just to kick it around a little more.

wait. Wait for the new 1/60 to come out. If it's everything graham says it is, you'll be happy and if it's not, the 1/48s will always be there.

^I agree 100%. If the new 1/60 happens to suck, then you can always find a 1/48, but if it's anything like Graham says, you'll be glad you waited.

-Kyp

Going strictly by price range, 1/60 (the new ones coming). You could get the 1/55 chunky monkey coming, but at $80, it's ratio of bang to the buck isn't so great. The 1/48s are around $150 each, so it's a bit pricey. Oh word to the wise, DON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH THE TOYNAMI MPCs. If you want something of quality for your budget, 1/60 is the absolute best option. If anyone disagrees, it's cool. Just my opinion.

1/48 vf-1s is my personal top recommendation, especially the 1st/2nd version (dont remember where to get the info saying that the plastic used for the later version is with poor quality). Three modes are so~~~~ perfect. See the attached pic.

My only one true love... :lol:

Although many ppl around here say OMG Chunky Monkey!! It is not a great representation of a valkyrie. First of all it has the basic look of a valkyrie but nothing more... The proportions are WAY off and its movement is limited.

I cant knock it too much though because it was in fact the first real transformable valkyrie toy ever. I havent gotten around to owning one yet though and after playing with my brothers a little bit I can see why... Its just too expensive for the quality of toy by todays standards, I dont care if its made out of metal or durable I just want an accurate representation of my valks period.

Although many ppl around here say OMG Chunky Monkey!! It is not a great representation of a valkyrie. First of all it has the basic look of a valkyrie but nothing more... The proportions are WAY off and its movement is limited.

Bull. It has better proportions in battroid mode than the 1/48. The only battroid mode better than the 1/55 are on the new 1/60.

The only articulation I would want more on the 1/55 are universal movement hips.

Its just too expensive for the quality of toy by todays standards

Considering that its got balanced proportions in each mode and will outlast most modern valkyrie toys in regards to durability, I think not.

I dont care if its made out of metal or durable I just want an accurate representation of my valks period.

Your best bet is a variable IHP Hasegawa kitbash.