1/100 Toynazi sets to be released around July.

ruskiiVFaussie

Got some interesting news from my US supplier ( Kirin Anime )

Ed sent me this e-mail today, he's been checking up for me a release date from Toynami. :D

> It looks like we will be carrying the Toynami 1/100s series 1, 2, and

> weapons set. They're scheduled to arrive in July.

>

> You probably already know, but here it is anyway.

> Series 1: Roy VF-1S, Hikaru VF-1A, Max VF-1A

> Series 2: Milia VF-1J, Hikaru VF-1J, Max VF-1J

> Weapons set: Movie ed set, Hikaru set, Max set, Milia set

yay! But i'm wondering if he knows about the Cannon Fodder VF-1A, i think he left that out, i'll ask him.

Thanks Ed! I guess the GBP-1S set will be much later knowing Toynami.... lets hope they dont stuff us around again!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I just want my VF-1S Hikaru and Cannon Fodder, and of course the extra Strike weapons set.

Last time i said i was gonna get the VF-1J max and Millia (plus Supers) but that was before Yamato

announced the 1/60 new versions of the VF-1.

I just want my VF-1S Hikaru and Cannon Fodder, and of course the extra Strike weapons set.

Last time i said i was gonna get the VF-1J max and Millia (plus Supers) but that was before Yamato

announced the 1/60 new versions of the VF-1.

Yeah....I got rid of my M&M's and all I want now is the Strike Hikky Weapons. It seems that we will get all 4 weapon sets? Is this correct. If so....I will be selling off all but the Strike Hikky Weapons.

:ph34r:

You got rid of your 1/100 M&Ms?

Yes.....long ago.....well....Max not that long ago....but Miriya a while ago.

Yay! D4mn glad to hear that news! I'm pretty enamored with the 1/100 Millia I got a year or so ago (looks really great with some panel-line detail added with a Gundam pen), and have been really holding myself back from buying more 'till the Super/Strike/GBP sets come out.

They'll look great in my restored 1/100 Imai Factory when its done, and I'm looking forward to adding the MacII Valk buildup along side them.

The cannon fodder looks so sweet.

It does look pretty sweet for a Valk. that gets blown up the most. :D

It does look pretty sweet for a Valk. that gets blown up the most. :D

Boy, you just can't let me get away with liking stuff! :)

The brownie has always been one of my favorites, though, for some strange reason. I like it way better than the Skull 1 or Max VF-1J.

What's up with all these companies not going the extra mile to make accurate arm armor for the TV versions? I mean Yamato did it (well, for the 1/48's anyway). First the Revoltechs, and now Toynami. And Bandai could finally give us DYRL arm armor for their 1/55 DYRL VF's, but I don't see that happening either.

I assume they're not going the extra mile because only like 5% of all collectors are probably aware there even is a difference and only a percentage of the people who know of the difference would care enough to let that affect their decision on whether or not to buy the toy. The fact Yamato did it is really praise-worthy (although their execution wasn't so hot since the gun didn't hold so well on the TV armors) but beyond that it doesn't really bother me on the other valks.

The natural tendency for this toy line to go is to produce destroids in that scale.

I do concur oh lord.

I tried looking on Macross Mecha Manual, but I really couldn't tell difference between TV and DYRL arm armor could anyone tell me about it. Also does anyone know if these weapon sets will be released individually or as a set together?

The tan resin version is the DYRL arm armor and the gray version is the TV version.

post-221-1210290509.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ed from Kirin Anime sent me an e-mail that has brought a smile to my face. :D

> You'll be happy to know we got the Toynami 1/100 Macross items today.

> We're still sorting through our shipment.

Not sure exactly which sets, but it should be the newer releases as he mentioned on first page -

> It looks like we will be carrying the Toynami 1/100s series 1, 2, and

> weapons set. They're scheduled to arrive in July.

>

> You probably already know, but here it is anyway.

> Series 1: Roy VF-1S, Hikaru VF-1A, Max VF-1A

> Series 2: Milia VF-1J, Hikaru VF-1J, Max VF-1J

> Weapons set: Movie ed set, Hikaru set, Max set, Milia set

It will be nice to spice these up! :D

You can PM or e-mail @ kirinanime@gmail.com or wait for it to come up on his ebay site. http://stores.ebay.com/Kirin-Anime

he's still busy getting the website up which should be ready in a few weeks, good for you US peeps.

:edit: he's going to get back to me tomorow or so with what exactly he has.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

When I saw the pics of the fast-packs and Cannon-Fodder a while back, I had planned on getting a few fodders and enough fast packs for all my valks when they finally put them out.

But since it's all being released in sets do I want 4 extra VF-1S's and multiple Max, Millia and green fast packs to fullfill my wish?

Nope

So instead of Toynami getting money out of me for 8 fast packs and 2 cannon fodders...they are only getting one fast pack set.

Too bad.

Somewhat related.

I've had my 1/100 Hikaru VF1-J on display in jet mode in a pretty simple pose on the included display stand which went untouched for at least six months. This week the ball cup cracked for no reason and the jet limped to the side of the stand, luckily not falling off. This is one of those new supposedly "fixed" cups from the second wave. Sigh. I had entertained putting fast packs on the jet beforehand, but like I had intially thought when they were announced, the display stand's unlikely to support it. It's a shame. Such a cool idea so poorly implimented.