If Yamato Made 1/60th Real World Jets In Scale With the 1/60 Macross L

GobotFool

I would. I've looked far and wide, and I have yet to find a decent 1/60th scale F-14, F-15 ect model to display with my macross fighters. I'm not really a big military jet fan or anything, but I love my macross variable fighters and they look so real world in fighter mode that I'd love to have some in scale real world jets to display alongside the whole line up, but I can't seem to find any. Can yamato save the day? Make us some real world fighters with the markings seen in macross zero? The closest F-15 replica I can use that is 1/60th right now is MP Star Scream.... This makes me sad.

Personally - I would not buy them, because I am not actually as much into jets as I'm into variable Mecha and robots.

Also - I actually prefer the Macross fighter plane designs and other "thought up" "make believe" designs to real world jets.

VFTF1

It wouldn't make sense for Yamato or anyone else to release 1/60 scale real world fighters. Real world fighter planes are already covered by numerous 1/72 scale diecast airplane makers.

I don't think there's a market for 1/60 scale aircraft. Besides, I think Macross fans would rather have Yamato put their efforts in more Valkyrie varieties and enemy mecha than in a F-14 Tomcat or F-15 Eagle.

Edited by Vifam7

There is a Navy Sea Hawk in 1/60 that would be perfect for a Macross repaint.

I would get the M0 Mig-29 and F-14. I already have the 1/72 Hasegawas.

Yet before those I would want the 1/60 VF-4 and VF-11.

Edit: Here is where to find the SH-60 http://www.flyingmule.com/products/NR-25587

Edited by Fly4victory

I've been making due with all the cool 1/48 military vehicles offered at WalMart, TRU and target. The hummers and tanks look good, and there are some cool John Deere equipment that could definitely work with a repaint. But, I gotta tell you the little bird helicopters just look out of place with all the macross stuff. They do have a 1/48 scale apache that looks pretty nice though.