MultiScale Factory Diorama Display Finished Parts

mslz22

Mods, hope it's Ok to start a new thread, I don't want this getting lost in the other long thread, and this is to show off the finished product.

See below on for pics of a quick and dirty build with some Mecha in scales form 1/55-1/72. Panels can be assembled in a number of configurations, floor panels can be flipped either way, so can the sidewall panel, the wall extension panel can be installed flat or angled, gantry can be built with our without the extensions, this was made so you can pick and choose what you would like to do with it depending on what you want to display on it. You should expect some minor fitting depending on how you want to put the parts together. Decals are not included, the white lettering you see is vinyl letters from Michaels, $4.00 will get you more than you need. The shelf you see is a standard sized Lack shelf from Ikea approx 10 1/2x 42 inches, runs about $14.00 at Ikea and you could fit up to 3 full panels across. For Macross purposes i would say this is suitable for 1/55-1/72 scale, for Gundam etc, i am not sure but any Mecha that is in the 6"-12" tall ballpark should look good.

PM or email me at salzo1@aol.com with your order using the A,B,C,D for the panels or Gantry for the set, let me know how many of each you would like. Shipping is not included in the prices and final shipping will be determined by your location and the weight of your total order, i will email or PM you back a total price with shipping.

thanks

mike

raptor380.jpg

raptor378.jpg

raptor384.jpg

raptor381.jpg

Edited by mslz22

I'm doing a quick paint up of a full set up tonight/tomorrow and will take pics of everything together then, likely tomorrow afternoon. Once that is done i will start taking orders, so by thursday friday i will start taking orders.....

thanks

mike

Hi there,

I am really excited about this project.

I am wondering if it would be possible to make an add on accessory to this kit to make it more 1/48 friendly. I know that this is intended for 1/72 - 1/60 scale and that is great, however I am planning to use it with some 1/48 valks that I have been wanting to make a diorama for and I need about 4 more inches of hight on the walls to fit these in battroid mode with the armor on.

So what I was thinking was just two extra, non detailed pieces for the back wall and for the side wall that would extend the hight by an extra 4 inches to the walls. Is that something that you could "whip up" so to speak or make as an eventual add on or "conversion kit" ?

Or do you think that I could just use some thick styrene sheets cut to the right size to add on myslef? Would that hold? hmmmm....

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

The angled wall extension can also be installed flat and adds about 3 1/4 inches to the height of the wall, you can add some thick styrene on top of that to get the height you want. However i am not sure how a 1/48 would look with the door detail.....

Pics in a couple of hours of a quick and dirty build up....

thanks

mike

Hi there,

I am really excited about this project.

I am wondering if it would be possible to make an add on accessory to this kit to make it more 1/48 friendly. I know that this is intended for 1/72 - 1/60 scale and that is great, however I am planning to use it with some 1/48 valks that I have been wanting to make a diorama for and I need about 4 more inches of hight on the walls to fit these in battroid mode with the armor on.

So what I was thinking was just two extra, non detailed pieces for the back wall and for the side wall that would extend the hight by an extra 4 inches to the walls. Is that something that you could "whip up" so to speak or make as an eventual add on or "conversion kit" ?

Or do you think that I could just use some thick styrene sheets cut to the right size to add on myslef? Would that hold? hmmmm....

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Bunch of pics with 1/60's, pics with 1/72nds and ordering info coming this afternoon...keep in mind these were painted up very quick and dirty just to show it off a bit, you guys should be able to do a much better job, add more detail, hoses etc....

thanks

mike

raptor393.jpg

raptor398.jpg

raptor401.jpg

That's a 1/55 custom Valk...

Ah! I had a feeling that it may be. Nice custom by the way.

If you get a chance would it be possible to place a 1/48 fighter in the diorama and take two shots, one from the diagonal side angle that most of your shots are and the second being a birds eye shot? That would help. Thanks.

Thank you so much for adding the 1/48.

This actually looks better than I thought it would with this scale.

I am definitely in. I just have to figure out exactly how many of each peice I will want.

I will try to place my order within a couple of days.

Are these going to be limited or is there a deadline?

When will you be producing the orders?

Thanks again for an awesome project!

I am not limiting these unless there is not enough interest to justify making a second set of molds, in which case i will only produce what the current molds will produce. No deadline other than the above condition.

I am casting orders that i have received already, and will be shipping this in the order paid.

thanks again

mike

Miriya, I envy you for being brave enough to get a set of these. I realy wish I had the skills to assemble a kit like this. Well, assembling wouldn't be the problem actually, it's the painting I'm worried about.

Well, I am new to the hobby (model, not toy - been doing toys since I was in diapers) and maybe a bit too naive.

I actually just tried to apply some tamiya primer coat to my mighty muggs stormtrooper in getting it ready to customize into a milia meltraendi flightsuit custom and even just applying the primer coat I seriously F***** up and got dripps all around! I think I was too impatient thinking, "that really is not covering well enough. I will just spray some more." Instead of thinking about doing several light coats. Now I will have to let it dry, then sand it down and then apply new primer coats.

Anyway, I am starting to practice and hopefully by the time the kit arrives I will have learned a bit about how to screw up and not screw up.

I have wanted a macross factory since the 1980s when I saw the robotech one in the stores and remember being upset that it was not a toy but a model. Finally I am ready to try the model hobby out as there is so much great stuff available only in model form.

I have also been wanting a really good diorama for my yamato 1/48 that I have the Hasegawa 1/48 crew set for.

I will give it a shot and hope to do a decent job on it. For now I am just practicing.

Once I have completed the kit I will post some pics up here.

That's a 1/55 custom Valk...

Oooooo REALLY?!? Can you PLEASE post some more pics of this bad boy in the "customs" or "toys" section and let me know where you do? I would REALLY enjoy some pics of that bad boy.

:ph34r:

I am so excited about this kit! I just got my Tamiya spray cans and weathering kit. Of course i have no clue how to use it but still excited. I am quite suprised that more people are not gobbling up this kit. I already ordered one, it has not arrived and I already want another. I was thinking of having a whole bunch of them lined up as my main display for my whole macross collection. First I have to make more money but then it will be possible.

Mslz22, I hope that you make a few kits extra to have available down the line for laggers and repeats.

NIce , so these are huge solid chunks of resin ? Heavy?

1/48 won't look too bad against these if ya don't use the door parts, those kinda set the scale..

From the pics looks like the gantry is perfect size for 1/48 in btrd. to access pilot.

They are resin,but i don't know if i would call it heavy, a single set is about 5lbs, but it's split up over the 4 main panels so no single part is bearing down heavy on another, it's pretty balanced....

NIce , so these are huge solid chunks of resin ? Heavy?

1/48 won't look too bad against these if ya don't use the door parts, those kinda set the scale..

From the pics looks like the gantry is perfect size for 1/48 in btrd. to access pilot.