completed MP "Matsushiro" Jetfire ZEDZDEAD

ZedzDead

***i started a new thread b/c the other thread was getting too littered and wanted the pics to be accessed on the first page w/o editing***

i finally finished my obligatory MP "Matsushiro" Jetfire and he came out so much better than i was expecting. i finished off the process by sealing ALL details and decals w/ a clearmatte finish. he is now one of my favorite centerpieces next to my other MP transformers. and yes i think he can kick his old buddy starscream's a$$. i hope you enjoy the pics. ZedzDead

DSC03386.jpg

DSC03387.jpg

DSC03388.jpg

DSC03389.jpg

DSC03390.jpg

DSC03391.jpg

DSC03392.jpg

DSC03394.jpg

Edited by ZedzDead

Awesome work! Do you plan on reversing the colors on the chest to make it 100% accurate? Or was this personal preference?

VarJetfireMacrossToy1a.gif

i'm totally fine w/ it. plus i dont want to take a chance on making any uneven lines. i do plan on doing the green visor blue when i get the nuts to take his head apart. i will also make the very tips of his head cannons black. other than that, he is a wrap. all i can do at this point is just stare at it and drool. i've waited for over 8 months now to do this. now its finally a reality.

I think if I did it I would have gone with one larger autobot emblem on the heat shield and not have any at all on the nose. Totally personal preference thing and maybe I'm just tainted because that's how Macross' jollyroger works.

I think if I did it I would have gone with one larger autobot emblem on the heat shield and not have any at all on the nose. Totally personal preference thing and maybe I'm just tainted because that's how Macross' jollyroger works.

i wanted a bigger autobot symbol on the heat sheild, but the only other one i have that size is an all silver one. this one looked much better IMO. i also keeped the small silver symbol on the nose to match the symbols on the tail fins in fighter mode. i'm not worried bout the exact G1 replication so much now, just as long as the main details are there. Z

Yo yo yo BROTHER!!! THAT LOOKS FANTASTIC!!! THANKS ALOT for another GREAT specimen to add to the 1/48 JetFire army. One day I will need to make one myself. Keep up the awesome work.

:ph34r:

I think you did a nice job with the craftsmanship but some of your aesthetic choices I find a bit questionable. It looks a bit "busy" in 'bot mode, too many autobot symbols, and the reflective tape stuff looks a bit odd.

But hey, it's your Jetfire. Hope you enjoy it. :)

I think you did a nice job with the craftsmanship but some of your aesthetic choices I find a bit questionable. It looks a bit "busy" in 'bot mode, too many autobot symbols, and the reflective tape stuff looks a bit odd.

But hey, it's your Jetfire. Hope you enjoy it. :)

thanx everyone. you are right about it being busy. and if i ever plan to sell it, decals can be removed from the main body as i havent sealed them. just the fast pack decals were sealed. so they can always be removed if i ever change my mind down the road. i did draw inspiration from you grand admiral, and one other cat b4 i saw yours. sadly, his thread pics are gone since he sold it. anyway, thanx GA for the words, and yes, i am loving this fig soo much. zedz

My only real critique other than the colors needing reversed on the chest is the black stripe w/ the hikaru number. I'd either paint over it in white or red, or just remove it. Paint looks nice though.

• 2 weeks later...
a nice touch would be to cut the borders of the stickers used

I do it on all my yamatos

it is long but the result is nice

ex below

Can you believe that it is yamato stickers that I have used on it ????????????????

dsc02094rd8.jpg

:rolleyes:

hi GK, i do like your decal apps alot. maybe i can go back and redo them. and i kept the black 001 stripe on the fuselage b/c it is just my nod to the base fig. thats all, like i said, i wasnt doing a totally accurate repaint. zedz

Edited by ZedzDead

• 3 weeks later...
a nice touch would be to cut the borders of the stickers used

I do it on all my yamatos

it is long but the result is nice

Agreed. I sat down one Saturday with my decal sheets and a plan to do the whole thing, fast packs and all. I cut all the Yamato decals as close as I could, with a fresh X-acto blade, and tried to burnish them down really well. Seven hours and a few fits of artistic license later, I was done.

Just wish there was something, like decal set, that could be applied to make sure they're permanent. And to help them blend into the painted/colored plastic parts better.

• 3 weeks later...

Very impressive!

If you have the Titanium Fallen figure, or a Sunstorm figure/redeco, have you cosndiered taking a pic or two of them squaring off against one another?

Although, since he's one of the Autobots' premier scientists (in some G1 timelines, at least) I wonder if he'd sooner not be sitting at a desk punching numbers or playing with chemistry sets...

...or wondering why Dreamwave had his two arch-nemeses spend a lot of their time being on fire.

Edited by Nerroth