Shocker Toys Pre-Toy Fair sneak images

ShockerToys

Shocker toys will be attending the 2008 international toy fair with new products and concepts sure to turn buyer’s heads

Buffalo NY. -- February 26, 2008 – A small but fast growing toy company, Shocker Toys LLP today revealed its plans for the 2008 year, weeks before the American International Toy Fair in New York City (February 17-20). The fun filled exhibit booth#5733 cornered in the urban bazaar and main aisle will feature fun interactive products and a creative sales team.

"Each year, Shocker Toys looks to grow and add to our experience across a diverse range of products," said Geoff Beckett, CEO. "We have had a tough start but have started in a new strong direction for 2008, including making fun but great looking action figures and our newly designed Shockini line which will expand into new markets including lines for girls as well."

The company will showcase a number of new toys that offer old fashion playability and creativity, a re-growing trend within the industry. Products combined with paint and stickers and comics will help the overall play experience. These products include Indie Spotlight a comic book action figure line as well as Shockinis - the create your own toy kit. On display will be the following toy lines:

Shockinis

The most interchangeable, constructive mini action figure systems on the market! Every Shockini is interchangeable with the others, so the only limit is your imagination. Available in different colors as well each Shockini will come with a 50 pack of stickers, a paint set, a standing base and building accessories. Linking parts together to form monsters, playsets or your favorite characters or loved ones will plenty of room for the imagination.

Shockinis Indie Spotlight

Indie Spotlight Shockinis are the tough little 3” block figures mirroring the characters of the Indie Spotlight action figure series. The 3” Comic Book block figures will be available in 2 character packs. Series 1 includes ShadowHawk and Scud the disposable assassin, Katchoo of ‘Strangers in Paradise’ and The Maxx, Kabuki and Solar ‘Man of the Atom’, Dick Tracy and Madman. Series 2 will be talked about at Toy Fair consisting of Dick Tracy, Zombie King, Jack the lantern, Ignacia, The Tick, Lone Ranger, jack staff, fist of justice and the Wraith

Shockinis Who wants to be a Superhero?

Who wants to be a Superhero? Shockinis are the tough little 3” block figures mirroring the characters of the hit Sci-Fi show hosted by Stan Lee. The 3” Superhero block figures series 1 includes Feedback, Fat Momma and Major Victory. Series 2 will be discussed at Toy Fair consisting of Defuser, Hyperstrike and Hygena.

Metalocalypse

Vinyl action figures of Dethklok, the world’s most popular band and most significant cultural force. For the band Dethklok, the world is full of darkness, pain, destruction and death. Not to mention groupies and ear-shattering heavy metal and piles of cash. Created by Brendon Small and Tommy Blacha, Metalocalypse airs during late night on Adult Swim. The 5.5” figure line will consist of Nathan Explosion, Skwisgaar Skwigelf, Toki Wartooth, Pickles and William Murderface.

Indie Spotlight

Indie Spotlight is a new action figure series from Shocker Toys presenting independent comic book characters in 6-7” super poseable figure form with a full size pack in comic. The 6” Comic Book action figures Series 1 features (Jim Valentino’s ShadowHawk, Rob Schrab’s Scud the disposable assassin, Terry Moore's Katchoo of ‘Strangers in Paradise’, David Mack’s Kabuki and MTV’s The Maxx in 8”. Series 2 will be discussed at Toy Fair consisting of Dick Tracy, Zombie King (Deadworld), Jack the lantern, Ignacia (Wildguard) and The Tick BAF.

Who wants to be Superhero?

Who wants to be a Superhero? 6” action figures mirroring the winning character of the hit Sci-Fi show hosted by Stan Lee. The 6” Superhero figure will be Feedback winner of the first season and The Defuser winner of the second season.

All buyers and press are urged to contact shocker toys for an appointment. Free gifts and order discounts for early appointment registers. Contact Geoff Beckett at 201-913-7027

About Shocker Toys LLP

Buffalo, New York based Shocker Toys LLP, was founded by Geoff Beckett and Lance Buttiglieri in 2000. The company’s current roster includes Indie Spotlight 6-7” independent comic book action figures, Who wants to be a Superhero? Figures, 3” Customizable Shockinis, 3” Indie Spotlight Shockinis, Metalocalypse figures and 7” GWAR action figures. For more product and licensing information visit the Company’s website: http://www.shockertoys.com

Toy Fair info: http://www.toyfairny.com/

Scud

scudnewsneak.jpg

ShadowHawk

shadowhawksneak.jpg

The Maxx (Has been reworked since this picture)

Maxxsneak.jpg

Something seems a bit off on the Maxx, aside from the feet. At the same time, it's THE FREAKING MAXX, which means I have to buy it no matter what. I can't believe a new Maxx figure is finally coming. The McFarlane version I have looks nice, but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement and I like how the articulation looks of this new one.

ShockerToys- Any plans for Mr. Gone, Julie, Isz pack-ins?

Edited by eriku

Something seems a bit off on the Maxx, aside from the feet. At the same time, it's THE FREAKING MAXX, which means I have to buy it no matter what. I can't believe a new Maxx figure is finally coming. The McFarlane version I have looks nice, but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement and I like how the articulation looks of this new one.

ShockerToys- Any plans for Mr. Gone, Julie, Isz pack-ins?

I'm there with you Eriku. Since this is a prayer I never thought would be answered, a new Maxx figure, this single revelation proves to me that there is in fact a God. Now if only they'd release the old TV movie on DVD, or even better make a new movie that surpasses the old one.

I'm there with you Eriku. Since this is a prayer I never thought would be answered, a new Maxx figure, this single revelation proves to me that there is in fact a God. Now if only they'd release the old TV movie on DVD, or even better make a new movie that surpasses the old one.

Yeah, the Maxx on DVD and a new Maxx figure have been in the top 5 of my "God, Prove You Exist" list for a looooong time now. :lol:

These sculpts look awesoe especially Scud.

I'm interested in these do your own figures. Will I be able to make Macross action figures? All I really need are the joints.

EDIT: nevermind... I just saw that they were minifigs! oh well.

Hello All,

As far as the Maxx it has been redesigned since this picture with all the feedback recieved to have bigger feet, forearms, torso, more hunched back and claw as middle finger. I think every figure in the wave will have a different Izs in it.

As far as the Shockinis they have been redesigned into a 2.5 and a 6" version that will be used to make all kinds of customs.

Hello All,

As far as the Maxx it has been redesigned since this picture with all the feedback recieved to have bigger feet, forearms, torso, more hunched back and claw as middle finger. I think every figure in the wave will have a different Izs in it.

So when you say series for the MAXX, your going to do other characters from the comic as well? SWEET!

I am a huge fan of Scud and I have been waiting anxiously ever since I saw your prototype pictures at SDCC 2006. I was a bit dissapointed that nothing came to fruition by SDCC 2007. but I can see where the extra time was spent re-tooling and re-sculpting the prototypes. I love it.

Im sure it is too late but is there any possibility for scud to have his gun store inside his torso? In the comics he has gun holsters, kinda like robocop but they are on the side of his torso where his lower rib cage would be.

Also will he have interchangeable hands? for poses and such? If so may I suggest making a set of hands pulling a garrotte wire out of his pinky? A simple closed fist, with an extended pinky. Then chop off the tip of the pinky and insert a thin piece of string and the other end would be his other hand where the thumb and forefinger are holding the tip of the pinky and the end of the string goes inside that. If you read issue #1 I believe he pulls out the garrotte wire.

Having removable fingers for bullets would be asking too much. Also would it be possible to have an interchangeable arm? The reason I ask this is because of this comic cover and then there is also a werewolf version of that arm.

scud2.JPG

But I love where it is going and I anxiously await this toy. Oh are you guys still planning on making Solscud? the upgraded version of scud?

Edited by Solscud007

I am a huge fan of Scud and I have been waiting anxiously ever since I saw your prototype pictures at SDCC 2006. I was a bit dissapointed that nothing came to fruition by SDCC 2007. but I can see where the extra time was spent re-tooling and re-sculpting the prototypes. I love it.

Im sure it is too late but is there any possibility for scud to have his gun store inside his torso? In the comics he has gun holsters, kinda like robocop but they are on the side of his torso where his lower rib cage would be.

Also will he have interchangeable hands? for poses and such? If so may I suggest making a set of hands pulling a garrotte wire out of his pinky? A simple closed fist, with an extended pinky. Then chop off the tip of the pinky and insert a thin piece of string and the other end would be his other hand where the thumb and forefinger are holding the tip of the pinky and the end of the string goes inside that. If you read issue #1 I believe he pulls out the garrotte wire.

Having removable fingers for bullets would be asking too much. Also would it be possible to have an interchangeable arm? The reason I ask this is because of this comic cover and then there is also a werewolf version of that arm.

scud2.JPG

But I love where it is going and I anxiously await this toy. Oh are you guys still planning on making Solscud? the upgraded version of scud?

Yes there is a SOL planned, he will be show at Toy Fair next week.

• 1 year later...

The first wave of Indie Spotlight is out now and I just received The Maxx in the mail direct from Shocker Toys. My impulse reaction is "OMG! OMG! OMG!" because it's large, heavy and it looks so, so very good in the package. It's a very simple bubble-tray on a card affair but it's meant to be "collector friendly" so all you have to do is slit a few small pieces of tape and the backer slides right off letting you at the sweet, stanky (FUMES!) goodness within.

Lifting Maxx out of the tray I immediately noticed something that initially concerned me. He's floppy. Many of the joints are quite loose. However, almost all of the joints (knees are double pin joints) are ball/socket joints, the kind where the joint itself is a separate piece with a ball on each end. So, even though many of them are loose and some of them pop off incredibly easily, at least it's something that will be easy as pie to fix if it becomes an annoyance. The good news is that regardless of the floppy joints he can and does hold poses quite well. And holy crap can you pose this guy! Shocker really did some great work with the articulation and all of the double-ball joints means he has an incredible range. Imagine being able to make Maxx stand rigid and upright, he can! His head is my favorite joint as it's rare to get a figure with this much range. He can look almost striaght up!

Another cool element is that they went with rotocast vinyl for his torso, shoulders and forearms, and with a nice heavy plastic for his feet so he is incredibly well-balanced and not as top-heavy as many figures of this build can be. While Maxx fits in well with more statuesqe collectable figures, he is most definitely a toy. He's pretty rugged and that combined with the ball socket joints means he'll be able to stand up to a lot of posing and would even hold his own in the sandbox with Jr.

As for the paint, it looks great on mine. They were able to match his body parts really well considering they used vinyl & PVC both. He's got a nice airbrushed look wash over most of him and smaller details like the eyes and teeth are clean and well defined.

The accessories are three Isz figures, a black one, white one and pink fairy one attached to a stand so it looks like it's flying. He also comes with two heads. A normal head and a head wearing the Outback headdress. The Outback head has the headdress pieces attached with ball joints so they are positionable and, if you wish, removable. The Isz look good, and actually a bit better than the McFarlane Isz but unlike the Mcfarlane ones they do not have bendy arms. Oh well.

This guy is the Maxx figure I've been waiting for. He's got a killer sculpt, he's hyper-articulated, he's durable and he's replacing the old McFarlane figure as soon as I get home. The floppiness is a bit of a niggle, but it hasn't hampered anything yet so I am hesitant to complain much. My one legitimate complaint is that Sam Keith is not mentioned anywhere on the package. MTV is. This makes me wonder if Keith has less control over his creation than MTV does. It's unfortunate, especially because MTV seems uninterested in doing anything with the property (like a freakin' DVD release already).

I'm eager for Scud now, and the Tick should be awesome too.

Pics later. :)

Edited by eriku

The first wave of Indie Spotlight is out now and I just received The Maxx in the mail direct from Shocker Toys. My impulse reaction is "OMG! OMG! OMG!" because it's large, heavy and it looks so, so very good in the package. It's a very simple bubble-tray on a card affair but it's meant to be "collector friendly" so all you have to do is slit a few small pieces of tape and the backer slides right off letting you at the sweet, stanky (FUMES!) goodness within.

Lifting Maxx out of the tray I immediately noticed something that initially concerned me. He's floppy. Many of the joints are quite loose. However, almost all of the joints (knees are double pin joints) are ball/socket joints, the kind where the joint itself is a separate piece with a ball on each end. So, even though many of them are loose and some of them pop off incredibly easily, at least it's something that will be easy as pie to fix if it becomes an annoyance. The good news is that regardless of the floppy joints he can and does hold poses quite well. And holy crap can you pose this guy! Shocker really did some great work with the articulation and all of the double-ball joints means he has an incredible range. Imagine being able to make Maxx stand rigid and upright, he can! His head is my favorite joint as it's rare to get a figure with this much range. He can look almost striaght up!

Another cool element is that they went with rotocast vinyl for his torso, shoulders and forearms, and with a nice heavy plastic for his feet so he is incredibly well-balanced and not as top-heavy as many figures of this build can be. While Maxx fits in well with more statuesqe collectable figures, he is most definitely a toy. He's pretty rugged and that combined with the ball socket joints means he'll be able to stand up to a lot of posing and would even hold his own in the sandbox with Jr.

As for the paint, it looks great on mine. They were able to match his body parts really well considering they used vinyl & PVC both. He's got a nice airbrushed look wash over most of him and smaller details like the eyes and teeth are clean and well defined.

The accessories are three Isz figures, a black one, white one and pink fairy one attached to a stand so it looks like it's flying. He also comes with two heads. A normal head and a head wearing the Outback headdress. The Outback head has the headdress pieces attached with ball joints so they are positionable and, if you wish, removable. The Isz look good, and actually a bit better than the McFarlane Isz but unlike the Mcfarlane ones they do not have bendy arms. Oh well.

This guy is the Maxx figure I've been waiting for. He's got a killer sculpt, he's hyper-articulated, he's durable and he's replacing the old McFarlane figure as soon as I get home. The floppiness is a bit of a niggle, but it hasn't hampered anything yet so I am hesitant to complain much. My one legitimate complaint is that Sam Keith is not mentioned anywhere on the package. MTV is. This makes me wonder if Keith has less control over his creation than MTV does. It's unfortunate, especially because MTV seems uninterested in doing anything with the property (like a freakin' DVD release already).

I'm eager for Scud now, and the Tick should be awesome too.

Pics later. :)

Thanks for the review, I had seen this thread last year and was anxious to see a painted verion of The Maxx I'll have to look around, I missed out on the MacFarlane version and need something to go with my comic collection :)

Does anyone have any idea when the Scud figure is coming out? I am dying to have a Scud figure. Before I quit collecting comics, my local retailer gave me evry copy of Scud he came across. It sort of started as a joke, but hey I wasn't complaining. Also what are the details on the Tick figure? Have there been pics of the Tick released?

Scud is already out, he's part of the same wave as the Maxx pictured above. Scud SOL (black version) is also available. Apparently Shocker has already sold out of the first run of Scud, but they are getting more in a month or two. BBTS still has Scud SOL available.

The Tick is part of Series 2 coming later this year. Arthur is also being produced.

Pics of Tick, Series 2, etc.

http://toyfair09.figures.com/showgallery.p...=703&page=2

Edited by eriku

• 1 month later...

DICK TRACY ATTENDS SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2009 WITH SHOCKER TOY

May 16th, 2009 NJ- Tribune’s Dick Tracy attends San Diego Comic-Con this year as exclusive Black and White action figures brought to you by Shocker Toys. This is a first for Dick Tracy to appear as hyper-articulated action figures in creator Chester Gould's black and white comic strip style. The world’s most famous detective will be available in two limited run action figures.

INDIE SPOTLIGHT COMIC BOOK HEROES 6 Inch Action Figures SDCC EXCLUSIVES

* Dick Tracy B&W variant figure is limited to SDCC attendees only.

* Dick Tracy B&W standard figure is available at Shocker Toys Online Store and at SDCC.

http://www.shockertoys.com/news.php?articl...ITH-SHOCKER-TOY

Man it feels like it's 1998 and I'm reading Toy Fare again...

Vostok 7

Great that is what we are going for, bringing back some of the ole' time greats, and not doing the same license 10 other companies are doing.

Edited by ShockerToys