Broken Toys

eriku

This may be too off-topic and lock-worthy, but I thought this auction from Big Bad Toy Store was interesting:

BBTS Auction

By looking at these returns one gets a good idea of which toys are problematic. There's an alarming number of Masterpiece Megatrons and a shelf full of Toynami Voltrons. I even see three Aoshima Legioss' in there, one of which is almost certainly the POS that I had the misfortune of owning for a few days.

I'm guessing whoever ends up investing in this literal load of crap will try to make a good profit by selling them off individually on Ebay. I mean, what else could you really do with all that? :huh:

I mean, what else could you really do with all that? :huh:

Be ethical and try to fix each item or salvage parts from one to fix another and then throw out the broken carcuses?

I'm sure that's what'll happen...... :rolleyes:

wow... that's really something :lol:

if i was living anywhere near their shipping range & had the money for it, id probably go for it.

there's enough duplicates there to salvage at least 1 to near perfect condition.

a lot of those are "nitpick returns". those are probably in near perfect condition apart from scratched boxes & whatnot.

and think of the possibilities... that's 15 MP Megatrons! 1 for each room in your office and/or house!

plus all the other stuff you don't want can go to your X-mas presents category:

"hmm.. i don't like that guy, i'll give him the defective mospeada for X-mas this year!"

:D

"hmm.. i don't like that guy, i'll give him the defective mospeada for X-mas this year!"

:D

I don't like you. :angry:

My birthday is coming up, send me the Mospeada. :lol:

Just kidding, even I wouldn't give that to my worst enemy.

Seriously, I wouldn't put it past someone (ei: A!@#!*209, orange@#$, etc...) to sell these as new without disclosing any defects of the product. <_<

Seriously, I wouldn't put it past someone (ei: A!@#!*209, orange@#$, etc...) to sell these as new without disclosing any defects of the product. <_<

Interesting auction, and I agree ... I feel bad for the poor folks who will likely get ripped off on eBay in upcoming months.

:mellow:

I wouldn't worry about that, just take note of the name of the guy who wins the auction and never ever buy from him on eBay :p

Good idea, but they could start a new account, start different accounts or have one of those second-party places sell stuff for them.

I'm not really worried since I'm not going to be buying any of those items. Hopefully the seller of them will be honest, but are they really going to open and examine every single toy so they can document in detail exactly what's wrong with it? Will they even KNOW what's wrong with some of them? Certain parts that break or are not assembled correctly aren't really easily seen from a once-over. Especially if it's something that isn't apparent until you transform a toy. And I doubt many or any of these just have nitpick problems or package problems because the auction clearly states that EVERY toy is damaged in some way.

I can see why BBTS would want to recoup as much money from this stuff as possible, but I think it would have been more responsible of them to document the complaints that accompany each return and include a printed copy with each item. With this much damaged goods someone somewhere is bound to get mislead.

I can see why BBTS would want to recoup as much money from this stuff as possible, but I think it would have been more responsible of them to document the complaints that accompany each return and include a printed copy with each item. With this much damaged goods someone somewhere is bound to get mislead.

I agree. At tleast they tell you what was wrong with them. Seriously they upgraded their inventory tracking so it should be that hard to track the defects. Anyways, you always take a chance. Me? Hell no. nothing I really want from that auction.