Lego's anyone? Someone try this please!!!!!&#3

Excillon

Personally, I like the fact that Kawamori seems to design mainly with LEGOs nowadays---it means his designs are very feasible in real life, with little to no "anime magic" used. And thus---much easier to make good-looking toys from.

Though you have to wonder, what would the YF-19 and -21 have looked like, if he designed them from LEGOs?

Why hasn't some idiot in the LEGO marketing department started selling Macross Lego kits in Japan? They sell gundam don't they?

Shoji already has the designs in his head.

The license would not be difficult for a large corp like lego to acquire, considering how much $ there would be to make.

lots of + very little -

/just think of all the crappy photoshoped boxes we would be to complain about.

//and the sculpt complainers would have a field day

///just kiddin'

////maybe

^_^

Those Gundam kits made out of building bricks are not made by LEGO but some local Japanese brand.

Yeah, I agree with Roy's Blue that either LEGO or some other company should release some Macross building block kits, love to see some super scale ones, like 1/20 or so with moving flaps and removable compartments, not to mention perfect transformation!

Why hasn't some idiot in the LEGO marketing department started selling Macross Lego kits in Japan? They sell gundam don't they?

Shoji already has the designs in his head.

The license would not be difficult for a large corp like lego to acquire, considering how much $ there would be to make.

lots of + very little -

/just think of all the crappy photoshoped boxes we would be to complain about.

//and the sculpt complainers would have a field day

///just kiddin'

////maybe

^_^

haha would be awesome, i'd certainly collect some if they were official Big West / LEGO products.

Love the idea of a proper pointy DYRL?/TV Helmet for the figure. :p

As cool as it would be, it's extremely unlikely that LEGO will ever sell Macross kits.

I wrote a lot more about the subject in this thread, if you want to read it: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24776

I was going to post the link to that thread but thought I'd wait for you to chime in as you are our Lego expert

Mega blocks I beleave the Gundams are. Macross lego would be awesome, but such a small market because of HG it will never happen. One can wish though.

Why HG, would make it a bigger market if you're doing the classic stuff... all Lego would need to do would be pick up the Macross license in japan and the Robotech license for everywhere else then release the same kit under two different names.