Yamato 1/60 VF-11 PT. What do you want it to be?

Spiff

This is an unofficial discussion, there is no official word on this valk yet that I know of. I wanted to discuss what this toy would need to have/be to satisfy MW members since we are their real customers. :ph34r:

I would like to see Yamato make a 1/60 VF-11 PT. Obviously without the shoulder slider bars that haunt the 1/72 version, rear stabilizers/tail fins that are full size and without the infamous broken hip syndrome. For me the valk also needs to have fast packs and full armor to be complete. It really is amazing the advances that Yamato has made in toy design and I am excited to see what they can do with this valk.

post-509-1201281072_thumb.jpg

This paint scheme would be cool also

post-509-1201281149_thumb.jpg post-509-1201281164_thumb.jpg

I started to make a full armor set for the 1/72 yamato but its alot of work and the shoulder sliders make the chest piece design very difficult. I have not finished it yet but with the possiblity of a 1/60 vf-11 I dont see the sense in finishing it now unless they never do the full armor for it.

post-509-1201282111_thumb.jpgpost-509-1201282145_thumb.jpgpost-509-1201282169_thumb.jpg

Spiff,

I'm down with this idea mate. The only thing is...they may make one with Booby Ducks...but I am not too sure about the armor, no matter how freakin sweet it looks. I like the armor that you are making so far. It looks excellent. You might as well finish the process since it does'nt seem like you have that much more to do. And, you will be one of the few (if not the only one) to have an armor set for the 1/72. That should make you feel better about this endevour right? Anyways...if you do finish it...PLEASE take some pics. THANKS.

:ph34r:

This is from another VF-11B speculation thread.

Give me pretty! :)

1/60, I think not. Trust me on this.

Graham

Sorry. :mellow:

But there's also this post from the G-man in the current GN-U thread.

What do you think?

First we had a 1/72 YF-19, followed by a 1/72 YF-21, followed by a 1/72 VF-11B.

Now we have a 1/60 YF-19, soon to be followed by a 1/60 YF-21, later to be followed by...............................?

I did say, production of these new cheaper toy lines will in no way impact production of the larger scale transforming toys.

Graham

(Graham @ Nov 24 2007, 07:11 AM)

1/60, I think not. Trust me on this.

Graham

That's misleading. Graham was saying that the CAD shown in the GNU thread was not CAD for a 1/60 Yamato toy. Obviously, we would learn, it was the CAD for the GNU line. So, Graham has never said anything to nay-say a perfect transforming 1/60 VF-11. In fact, he echoed the common sense that since Yamato appears to be repeating it's 1/72 strategy it seems a forgone conclusion we will most certainly be seeing a 1/60 VF-11.

That's misleading. Graham was saying that the CAD shown in the GNU thread was not CAD for a 1/60 Yamato toy. Obviously, we would learn, it was the CAD for the GNU line. So, Graham has never said anything to nay-say a perfect transforming 1/60 VF-11. In fact, he echoed the common sense that since Yamato appears to be repeating it's 1/72 strategy it seems a forgone conclusion we will most certainly be seeing a 1/60 VF-11.

I'm beginning to think that Graham just likes to toy with us and confuse us to were we really don't know weather something is really happeneing or not. As of right now. I'm confused weather or not we will see a VF-11.....I don't know what to think. Why do you do this to us Graham??? WHY!?!?!

:ph34r:

If you'll click the link I provided, you'll see that mr March posted a pic of an armored VF-11 to which Graham replied his "1/60, I think not. Trust me on this."

The biggest question for me with a 1/60 Vf-11 is how are they gonna do the heatshield without removing it from the canopy in fightermode ?

maybe the whole cockpit will rotate when the nose of the fighter is moved down during transformation? Who knows.

As for schemes, I'd like to see it in "Roy" colors eventually, as well as the standard scheme we have it in now for the 1/72. Truth be told, I've seen dozens of paint jobs that would look great on that fighter.

When MW went down for a bit, on Macross Nexus some MW members had a discussion going about how Yamato could integrate the heatshield. I forgot where I put the picture on my computer, but a number of us worked modifying of each others' diagrams to come up with similar but slightly different ideas. I can't remember who else was working on it in that thread.

In any case a 1/60 PT VF-11B would need to be:

-balanced

-without shoulder sliders

-durable

-integrated heatshield

-be able to use FP

-be able to have full armor

-no engineering or QC problems or flaws on the first run

-have an eventual low vis type scheme one day

Graham is the resident riddle master! Gives you just enough information to confuse you completely. :ph34r:

I too think he is implying that there will be a 1/60 vf-11. The 19 and 21 really don't do it for me, however I do like the 11. The 21 in fighter mode is cool, but batroid is weak, IMO. So I am hoping to see a PT vf-11.

And, you will be one of the few (if not the only one) to have an armor set for the 1/72. That should make you feel better about this endevour right?

It would make me the only person with a 1/72 full armor vf-11. The plan at the time was to recast it. I have not worked on it for years now. I have been thinking of picking it up again.